New Map & Mode - Jungle Flats & Warrior Mode

ForzaProiettile

Suggestion

New Map & Mode - Jungle Flats & Warrior Mode

New Map: Jungle Map

This would be a relatively flat map set inland (no deep water/ocean) covered in dense jungle.

Features:

• Gentle rolling hills
  • No deep water
  • No obelisks
  • No caves (or caves can't be built in)
  • Dense triple canopy jungle and foliage all over the map.

New Mode: Warrior Mode

This is a PVP focused mode that aims to balance the game and allow for the use of various types of strategies and dinos. It would be fairly close to how the game was in 2015/2016 with some differences. It would be based off creatures available on The Island map.

• No Flyers
  • No Gigas
  • No Yutis
  • No Titans or Titanosaurs
  • No other creatures from DLCs
  • No TEK
  • Parasaur no longer has a spotting ability.
  • Wild Dino levels and player levels capped at say 60 or 90.
  • Minimum graphics setting of medium in order to join (so players can't disable grass, rocks and bushes and so players can run the game on ultra without being penalized). If this is possible with the engine.
  • Player move speed locked at 100%
  • Dino move speed possibly locked at 130%
  • Player bolas removed
  • Players cant be grapple hooked
  • No whips (or whips no longer disarm players)
  • No crosshair for ranged weapons (and random deviation) when not in aim mode. Ideally too guns would not use hit scan but ballistics like the bows.
  • Resource and rates
    • 1x for resources. This would mean the tiers before metal would be worth building rather then just skipping them.
    • Original XP rates
    • Taming could be left at current rates because standing around taming doesn't add much to gameplay.
  •  

4 replies to this server topic

23 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

If this post had been two seperate suggestions, one for the Map and one for the Mode - I may have upvoted it. As is, I am good with the map, but do not play PVP and as such don't typically upvote something I do not play myself. Sorry.

The reason I put them together is because they are very much related. The whole purpose of the map is to serve this new mode in particular without flyers you don't want to have giant cliffs or mountain peaks (or caves) as that would offer to strong a defensive position to build on.

18 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The reason I put them together is because they are very much related. The whole purpose of the map is to serve this new mode in particular without flyers you don't want to have giant cliffs or mountain peaks (or caves) as that would offer to strong a defensive position to build on.

And if that is how you want it, then go with it. There is nothing wrong with it. I was merely taking a different view of how others may enjoy each part of the post, if not together than seperate. 

A Map is a location. One that could have any number of playing styles or modes played upon it. 

A Mode is a type of gameplay dictated by rules/guidelines about what can and cannot be done and/or used.

As such while any type of gameplay can be played on a map, and any mode on a map - to insinuate that they would only go together could be difficult who plays for the area in between. And while some may be comfortable voting it up because they like one aspect - even if they don't the other, there are those that tend not to vote to for something that they don't agree with 100%. Which means for more votes - it is sometimes easier to have seperate suggestions so they can be voted up individually as opposed to together. 

And like I said, the map sounds interesting - but the mode I have little interest in as a PVE player and cluster host to a set of PVE maps. And I know not all will feel the same. Many PVP players may enjoy the combination. And for those I am hope they do see and upvote your suggestion. 

Archived