Minimum to fight gamma Megapithecus

ToranStarline

Minimum to fight gamma Megapithecus

I'm trying to get to tek tier on an official pve server and my times don't match up with the rest of the server to do boss battles on a regular basis.

I have 6 30k hp, 1100 MD rexes, a 2800 stam Yuty and a Daeodon. Would this be enough to solo gamma Megapithecus? If not how far off am I?

i never go in without a full lineup, but we did alpha megapithecus with 19 rex, 30k health and 800-900 melee, 1 yuty.

we moved rexs directly right near cliff face to right, and used yuty to pull the ape to rexs, then just buffed rexs with yuty while they chomped away.

yuty had a asc saddle, rexs all had mc saddles 70-80 armor.

heard of people doing megapithecus beta with 15 rexs but i donno the stats / saddles they had.

With those being hatch stat, if your saddles are good enough, you'd probably be close to Alpha tbh. 

Ideally you want a full line up but small tribes/solo players short all the time.

I think you'd be able to do Alpha with 10 of those Rex's with 85 armor saddles and statted to 50k, everything else melee. So 6 should chomp down Gamma.

27 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I think you'd be able to do Alpha with 10 of those Rex's with 85 armor saddles and statted to 50k, everything else melee. So 6 should chomp down Gamma.

i find anything with rexs above 35k health is a waste, better to put the points into melee, faster kills, less risk.

19 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

You dont need a full line up for gamma with those stats, I've done gamma with much worse stats and 12 or so rexes.  But the smart thing to do would be to over prepare so you have less chance for error.  Do you really want to risk losing all the work you put into those rexes on some bad luck?

I agree, better to take less risk in losing what your raising by bringing more then needed, is why I always want to go with a full lineup myself.

41 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

i find anything with rexs above 35k health is a waste, better to put the points into melee, faster kills, less risk

Typically I agree but if he's intent on going in with a lighter line up, that extra hp may be needed. 

I mean, you can run a gamma fight with nineteen 25k hp, 600 melee Rex's easily, so if going in with only 6, I think the 50k could hold that difference when the dmg output is close to if not 2000%. 

It would be good to do that anyway tbh. Those rex stats sound like they're Bert's line; you'll want to hold at least 1 rex back as a backup/breeder. If you wipe to any of the bosses you lose everything you went into the arena with, including the animals. In the event that you do wipe, it's easier to replace them if you have your own male to breed replacements from instead of waiting for more eggs from Bert (and he gives them away for free so if you paid for those rexes from someone else you got ripped off big time).

6 hours ago, ToranStarline said:

Alright thank you everyone. Seems like gamma is doable, at worst barely doable, so I'll get 3 more rexes somehow and start running it. Worst case I wait another week to raise some babies

after you get them all raised, and before entering the arena, breed them all and get eggs from them, stick them in a fridge so that you have backup eggs to hatch incase something goes terribly wrong.  

• 6 months later...

Anyone wishing to SOLO Megapithecus in 2020 on Gamma on Official servers settings, you can look at this video. 

Only 5 Therizinos + 1 Yuty is needed.

My Therizinosaur army were from 224 kibble tamed parents, 100% imprinted, max levelled, all having 22-23k health, 938-945% melee & with ascendant saddles. Levelling was done using XP boosts from Dossiers or Broth of Enlightenment by farming Snow Cave + killing Alpha predators. Ascendant saddle blueprint was found from East Underwater cave loot drop.
Yutyrannus is a 2nd generation 100% imprinted from 224 kibble tamed parents, max levelled & has an ascendant saddle. It has a balance of health, damage & stamina. 

PS: Apologies for promoting content but please leave a like & subscribe if you appreciate it. I will make a run of all caves + boss fights on Official & post videos.

Archived