Beginner server wipe?

Adamjs812

Beginner server wipe?

So on my calender it shows Oct. 1st. Pretty sure Wild Card has a wipe date of Oct. 1st for beginner servers. Let me guess its delayed or did they just forget. I sometimes wonder if they'll ever get anything right. Not that I really care very much as I gave this game up around a year ago after around 5000 hrs played. But i was interested in coming back for the challenge of the beginner server as I cannot even force myself to go back to regular servers. Anyways so around a week ago and noticed a wipe date so figured i would wait for fresh servers, well here I wait and Wild Card has yet to follow through with something they said. Now I remember this too was a reason for leaving the game.

2 hours ago, Adamjs812 said:

Beginner server wipe?

So on my calender it shows Oct. 1st. Pretty sure Wild Card has a wipe date of Oct. 1st for beginner servers. Let me guess its delayed or did they just forget. I sometimes wonder if they'll ever get anything right. Not that I really care very much as I gave this game up around a year ago after around 5000 hrs played. But i was interested in coming back for the challenge of the beginner server as I cannot even force myself to go back to regular servers. Anyways so around a week ago and noticed a wipe date so figured i would wait for fresh servers, well here I wait and Wild Card has yet to follow through with something they said. Now I remember this too was a reason for leaving the game.

That's funny. I take it you haven't dared yet adventure onto a PVP server...

The wipe will happen using Wildcard's timezone.

37 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I get his reasoning. I mean beginners servers with their player cap would appease some of your issues with PvP

Non Op Dinos

Movement speed put in check

The beginning PvP is often the most fun and with beginners servers, they get that in spades.

I just hope they don't make the same mistake as Arkpocalypse servers and they wipe the ark data and creature uploads, so it's a true restart.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Actually all my hours are in pvp servers. Regular official and then small tribes. Dont care for the meta that is in them and the the path wild card took them. I simply want the challenge of level and engram cap vs the world with early stage pvp. I dont want to deal with the futuristic and mythical creatures anymore like a mana/dragon thats level 300+ and one shots. And popping gigas out of little futuristic balls while having a good pvp battles. Been there done that its no longer appealing.

5 hours ago, Adamjs812 said:

Actually all my hours are in pvp servers. Regular official and then small tribes. Dont care for the meta that is in them and the the path wild card took them. I simply want the challenge of level and engram cap vs the world with early stage pvp. I dont want to deal with the futuristic and mythical creatures anymore like a mana/dragon thats level 300+ and one shots. And popping gigas out of little futuristic balls while having a good pvp battles. Been there done that its no longer appealing.

Fair enough. The first days and weeks after a wipe are always some of the most fun. It sounds like you and I both want the same things from this game. A mode that would return the game to its roots, back when it was still balanced and based on player skill rather then dino stats.

7 hours ago, Adamjs812 said:

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Fair enough. The first days and weeks after a wipe are always some of the most fun. It sounds like you and I both want the same things from this game. A mode that would return the game to its roots, back when it was still balanced and based on player skill rather then dino stats.

You guys pretty much summed up all I want in this game too. I so wish that there was a better option for this kind of PvP playthrough, I mean there is primitive plus but those servers are perma dead :/. A true wipe techless PvP server, a man can dream.

22 minutes ago, HoboNation said:

You guys pretty much summed up all I want in this game too. I so wish that there was a better option for this kind of PvP playthrough, I mean there is primitive plus but those servers are perma dead :/. A true wipe techless PvP server, a man can dream.

And one without Gigas/Titans/flyers on a new relatively flat map filled with jungle :)

42 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

And one without Gigas/Titans/flyers on a new relatively flat map filled with jungle :)

It is cruel to tease a man with something he so badly desires but will likely never have :/ . I would be behind this 100%, do you think we are just a minority? or maybe people just arent vocal enough, because I still don't know why something like this isn't a more of a thing already.

18 hours ago, HoboNation said:

It is cruel to tease a man with something he so badly desires but will likely never have :/ . I would be behind this 100%, do you think we are just a minority? or maybe people just arent vocal enough, because I still don't know why something like this isn't a more of a thing already.

I've made a few suggestions on before about this before and there seems to be a decent chunk that would be keen. It's hard to say though, I am sure there a lot of players that bought the game in 2017 or later and love all the super dinos and fancy gadgets. There is also us veterans who got to experience the original uncorrupted vision of the game before things went off the charts and actually preferred that.

I would be happy with a The Island land only map (no deep water and no obelisks) with all the mountains flattened down to rolling hills, no flyers, no Gigas, no Titans, no other creatures from DLCs, no Tek, no caves (or caves can't be built in), minimum graphics setting of medium in order to join (so players can't disable grass, rocks and bushes and so players can run the game on ultra without being penalized) and extra/denser jungle and foliage all over the map. Additionally player move speed locked at 100%, same too probably for dinos, player bolas removed, no whips, no crosshair for ranged weapons (and random deviation) when not in aim mode. Ideally too guns would not use hit scan but ballistics like the bows.

As for resources and things I quite liked the original format where it took a lot of effort to get a full metal base. Maybe it could be 1x for resources, original XP rates, and leave taming as is because standing around taming doesn't add much to gameplay. This would also mean the tiers before metal would be worth building rather then just skipping them.

Dino levels and player levels could be capped at say 60 or 90.

18 minutes ago, Zapha said:

I would like to see region mixed servers, with pve regions on the map and pvp regions, where the pvp region should have better and more resources.

That would be a disaster. I've seen other games attempt that and basically what happens is everyone stores their loot and puts their main base in the PVE zone and then the PVP area becomes a barren empty wasteland that serves little purpose. It would effectively turn the server 100% into a PVE server with only meaningless and inconsequential PVP to be had.

15 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I've made a few suggestions on before about this before and there seems to be a decent chunk that would be keen. It's hard to say thogh, I am sure there a lot of players that bought the game in 2017 or later and love all the super dinos and fancy gadgets. There is also us veterans who got to experience the original uncorrupted vision of the game before things went off the charts and actually preferred that.

I would be happy with a The Island land only map (no deep water and no obelisks) with all the mountains flattened down to rolling hills, no flyers, no Gigas, no Titans, no other creatures from DLCs, no Tek, no caves (or caves can't be built in), minimum graphics setting of medium in order to join (so players can't disable grass, rocks and bushes and so players can run the game on ultra without being penalized) and extra/denser jungle and foliage all over the map. Additionally player move speed locked at 100%, same too probably for dinos, player bolas removed, no whips, no crosshair for ranged weapons (and random deviation) when not in aim mode. Ideally too guns would not use hit scan but ballistics like the bows.

As for resources and things I quite liked the original format where it took a lot of effort to get a full metal base. Maybe it could be 1x for resources, original XP rates, and leave taming as is because standing around taming doesn't add much to gameplay. This would also mean the tiers before metal would be worth building rather then just skipping them.

Dino levels and player levels could be capped at say 60 or 90.

The more you elaborate on this the more I want this lol

Archived