Item Shop

THEBADGUY117

Suggestion

Item Shop

Okay so yous need money to operate. You bring out new maps for income but by doing this youre bringing new issues and ignoring old issues (duping, meshing, lost characters, manas and everything extinction to be honest). Sure its fun for PVE players but PVP players are being left to fend for themselves. This then causes a lack of customer support for people who fall victim to these issues, which in turn causes some things never to be dealt with (even acknowledged), cheaters to go unpunished and players receive no compensation. So then there is the community out cry and the usual response from WC is these things need money. But the answer to all your problems is simple...open an item shop. So imagine this, you're taming something, you dont have the kibble, so you go to a drop or an ob and boom you can buy the kibble lets say 'basic' 1 for $0.15 or 'regular' for $0.25 per 1 etc and said kibble is linked to that persons inventory for an hour so it cant be stolen. So someone buys 10 regular kibble theres $2.50 so imagine the income generated from this goes to enforcement teams and polishing up the game while you make your new maps. Maybe you can sell other things like tranq arrows, black pearls, prim saddles, for $1-$5 depending on the dino etc. There might be people that claim it will make the game pay to win but to avoid this dont enable it for new maps for a month, or disable it entirely for things like apocalypse. All it will do is help solo players, new players and lazy players who just dont have the time or know how to get things done or the alpha who needs 1 last imprint on their giga for 100% and needs a kibble. But you get my point. It will help the game short term and long term. Its long overdue. I have ideas on enforcement and how to tidy up the PVP side of the game, if you like my idea contact me, you have my email. No more excuses. 

12 replies to this server topic

15 hours ago, THEBADGUY117 said:

Because pve players dont have to deal with raiding exploits, meshing and pvp issues like losing all dinos to people hang sniping your tames before cryos or the snow owl mesh or tek gauntlet mesh where you could literally go through any structure in the game and blow up your base then make a youtube video about it lol. Or how about the god mode glitch that literally meant you could not be killed, walk into year old bases and flatten them. Or how pvp imbalances, like when manas first came out they could dive bomb and 1 tap the rider through whatever armour they had, or the fact that they have an ice breathe that could shoot farther than turrets and do more damage than any other dino in the game, oh and they froze you too :).  Oh or titans that just walk into your base and destroy everything with a 1 hour tame. So when someone trys to talk about pve problems like those guys got a green and red thylo, oh are pt died to a raptor or worst case scenario some baits a titan to your base lol just realise we have all your issues plus 1000 more. You dont know the half of it. Plus the constant threat of being offline raided due to work or sleep. So please dont try act like pve have it tough. BOB.                So you people decide to pay thousands on kibble?lol jesus bro youre reaching. Sure lets let the little guys suffer because the big guys gonna raid them anyway, just dont give them the OPTION to make ark a little easier for them. Also people buy off facebook, its already a thing ffs, they pay ott prices and sometimes get scammed. Yous have no clue what yous are talking about. Just think before you speak. People make their own choices so why not let the money go to the game company to make more content and improve the quality of the game.  

GAME MODE DEFINITELY MATTERS. ITS WHY ALL THE DEVS TALK ABOUT PVP ISSUES ON TWITTER. 

ITS NOT PAY TO WIN IF IT SELLS KIBBLE AND PRIMITIVE GEAR. READ MY POST. 

Nope. Nothing you said is valid. Microtransactions won't fix duping, meshing, or any other bug. How old are you to not understand trickle down economics has never been a thing? Your idea is predicated on that very notion.

Everybody should earn what they get in game. It's super easy to. 

Go ruin another game with your bad idea. No to microtransactions.

Also it is infinitely easier to raid than defend. Why do you think people complain about thousands of hours invested into building a base vs 3 hours to legit wipe one. Are you sure you play PvP

Get better at understanding the game you're trying to ruin.

Your insults are as basic and bad as your idea. I'm glad WC never succumbed to the pressure of the lazy and inept. 

Because pve players dont have to deal with raiding exploits, meshing and pvp issues like losing all dinos to people hang sniping your tames before cryos or the snow owl mesh or tek gauntlet mesh where you could literally go through any structure in the game and blow up your base then make a youtube video about it lol. Or how about the god mode glitch that literally meant you could not be killed, walk into year old bases and flatten them. Or how pvp imbalances, like when manas first came out they could dive bomb and 1 tap the rider through whatever armour they had, or the fact that they have an ice breathe that could shoot farther than turrets and do more damage than any other dino in the game, oh and they froze you too :).  Oh or titans that just walk into your base and destroy everything with a 1 hour tame. So when someone trys to talk about pve problems like those guys got a green and red thylo, oh are pt died to a raptor or worst case scenario some baits a titan to your base lol just realise we have all your issues plus 1000 more. You dont know the half of it. Plus the constant threat of being offline raided due to work or sleep. So please dont try act like pve have it tough. BOB.                So you people decide to pay thousands on kibble?lol jesus bro youre reaching. Sure lets let the little guys suffer because the big guys gonna raid them anyway, just dont give them the OPTION to make ark a little easier for them. Also people buy off facebook, its already a thing ffs, they pay ott prices and sometimes get scammed. Yous have no clue what yous are talking about. Just think before you speak. People make their own choices so why not let the money go to the game company to make more content and improve the quality of the game.  

GAME MODE DEFINITELY MATTERS. ITS WHY ALL THE DEVS TALK ABOUT PVP ISSUES ON TWITTER. 

ITS NOT PAY TO WIN IF IT SELLS KIBBLE AND PRIMITIVE GEAR. READ MY POST. 

Brother let me just shut down your entire argument real quick.  1. I said that lets say on freshly wiped servers that there is no item for a few months so it eliminates the pay to win aspect. If you knew anything about ark you would know mega tribes or even experienced small tribes will have every dino they need for farming, soaking, dps and kibble for imprinting. After a month they will be breeding for mutations and trading with other large tribes. So they will not need the item shop, as i said it will help the solo players and smaller tribes get a foot in the door rather than taming stuff for hours just to get raided by the mega tribes who want to keep server pop low or just because they can. But clearly you haven't expierenced this, probably because you play dedicated servers or pve.    2. You talk about a game that doesnt have micro transactions in 2019 is great, which i agree with but were not talking about EA a huge company were talking about Wildcard a small company with little income being generated by anything other than DLCs and it costs them thousands to keep their servers running. They dont have the resources to generate new content, keep servers running and deal with meshing, duping and other issues effectively or intime without its player base being affected. So these micro transactions would generate income to help make the game a less toxic place, help generate content faster and hopefully with less bugs. But again you probably haven't experienced these issues on official servers.       3. You used raptoring for some strange reason making your whole argument invalid.  4. I dont think youre vert expierenced in this game, I believe you dont know whats good for it and seem like a toxic player calling me lazy for thinking of smaller tribes, solo players, new players and a way to generate money for a game that is dying. Think of the bigger picture not just your dedi playing pve playing self.   5. There are already facebook pages and other platforms where people sell eggs, bps, kibble and top stat dinos for a price they decide resulting in extortion and scamming. So the game already has a TOS pay to win brother so please educate yourself on this game before trying to bring your negative attitude in my opinion a great idea. People are already making money off this game, why shouldnt wildcard, who might actually have fair prices.   6. Anything else to say? "LOL!!1!1!" 

4 hours ago, TheDonn said:

If you wanted me to actually respond to your points, say so and I will because I have plenty of opinions about them.  I am holding off because even if I make good counterpoints about your supposed shut-down, you will last-word them so you seem like the smartest guy in the thread without actually reading and considering.

I read and condsidered everything. Thats why my replies are much longer than the negative comments, where i go into detail whereas all i see from yous 'bad idea' 'micro transactions bad'. If you have considered my idea truly and still think its bad, explain to me why, I want to hear reasoning. You also call me a last worder and try imply im toxic but yous both comment toxic stuff. If it had have been i dont agree with this blah blah blah instead of the is fing terrible.....stop being lazy etc lol then i wouldn't be toxic back. Btw ive had this game 5 years and wayyyyy too many hours into it so i know whats good for the game. If there was an item shop i wouldnt use it because to me its a waste of money, but it generates money for wildcard to improve there game. Do you understand why this income would be good for them and us? People have free will they can use it or not. It is not pay to win. If you can explain other wise. Be. My. Guest.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:32 PM, THEBADGUY117 said:

Brother let me just shut down your entire argument real quick.  1. I said that lets say on freshly wiped servers that there is no item for a few months so it eliminates the pay to win aspect. If you knew anything about ark you would know mega tribes or even experienced small tribes will have every dino they need for farming, soaking, dps and kibble for imprinting. After a month they will be breeding for mutations and trading with other large tribes. So they will not need the item shop, as i said it will help the solo players and smaller tribes get a foot in the door rather than taming stuff for hours just to get raided by the mega tribes who want to keep server pop low or just because they can. But clearly you haven't expierenced this, probably because you play dedicated servers or pve.    2. You talk about a game that doesnt have micro transactions in 2019 is great, which i agree with but were not talking about EA a huge company were talking about Wildcard a small company with little income being generated by anything other than DLCs and it costs them thousands to keep their servers running. They dont have the resources to generate new content, keep servers running and deal with meshing, duping and other issues effectively or intime without its player base being affected. So these micro transactions would generate income to help make the game a less toxic place, help generate content faster and hopefully with less bugs. But again you probably haven't experienced these issues on official servers.       3. You used raptoring for some strange reason making your whole argument invalid.  4. I dont think youre vert expierenced in this game, I believe you dont know whats good for it and seem like a toxic player calling me lazy for thinking of smaller tribes, solo players, new players and a way to generate money for a game that is dying. Think of the bigger picture not just your dedi playing pve playing self.   5. There are already facebook pages and other platforms where people sell eggs, bps, kibble and top stat dinos for a price they decide resulting in extortion and scamming. So the game already has a TOS pay to win brother so please educate yourself on this game before trying to bring your negative attitude in my opinion a great idea. People are already making money off this game, why shouldnt wildcard, who might actually have fair prices.   6. Anything else to say? "LOL!!1!1!" 

Grow up.

6 hours ago, THEBADGUY117 said:

3. You used raptoring for some strange reason making your whole argument invalid.  4. I dont think youre vert expierenced in this game, I believe you dont know whats good for it and seem like a toxic player calling me lazy for thinking of smaller tribes, solo players, new players and a way to generate money for a game that is dying. Think of the bigger picture not just your dedi playing pve playing self

You bashing PvE players makes your argument just as invalid since it makes you sound like a child. Game mode does not matter. Pay to win is never good for the game and it's a bad protocol to set.

You say it is for solo and small tribe to catch up with Mega but how much would they have to spend to come even close. Then, the Mega would still wipe them offline since raiding is easier than defense and Mega's always have players on so it is now hundreds or thousands of dollars flushed down the drain. 

Those people quit anyway since it's a waste of both time and money now. So nothing changes other than people who leave because they don't agree with pay to win models and thus the game remains the same or dies a little sooner. It doesn't enhance it.

Well.  You asked for it, you got it bud!  Other people had basically deconstructed your supposed masterful dismantling of my point, which is why I didn't respond.  But I guess, allow me to echo what I and others have said to you in this same thread.  Believe me, I don't want to spend this much time typing, so I would appreciate if you spent the time to read.

1. I said that lets say on freshly wiped servers that there is no item for a few months so it eliminates the pay to win aspect. If you knew anything about ark you would know mega tribes or even experienced small tribes will have every dino they need for farming, soaking, dps and kibble for imprinting. After a month they will be breeding for mutations and trading with other large tribes. So they will not need the item shop, as i said it will help the solo players and smaller tribes get a foot in the door rather than taming stuff for hours just to get raided by the mega tribes who want to keep server pop low or just because they can. But clearly you haven't expierenced this, probably because you play dedicated servers or pve.

In this terrible scenario in which microtransaction saddles, kibble, and other items are sold for real-life money via a web-shop or an in-game shop, your idea to ensure that ARK isn't "pay-to-win" (on freshly opened Official PVP servers) is to withhold microtransactions for a few months.  Meanwhile (playing to my knowledge of how the game works), the Alphas are very established, have lots of resources and great dinos, have whatever servers they want to play on fully locked down, and are untouchable.  Unless someone spends 500 dollars and still has an enormous amount of time to build up a base and get it protected, they will remain as feathers in the sand underfoot to the Alphas, who actively patrol and cleanse servers to ensure no one else is there.

You know what it would turn into?  A scenario of "the rich get richer," nothing more.  These people get a small base, and let's say they bought a big kibble pack for 20-30 dollars.  After two good tames, they unfortunately didn't buy or build defenses adequate to not get raided and wiped.  Now that kibble is part of either the server Alpha (after, quite literally, a joke of a raid) or another of the hundreds of thousands of hyper-aggressive ARK PvP players who feel that if they aren't killing and raiding every day, they are playing the game wrong.  The people who already perfectly have the means to obtain things now simply get more of the things!  This is one scenario, but many many more play out exactly the same because the issue isn't that people need to spend money instead of time progressing:  It is that Official PvP is not doable except for top-tier PvP'ers or Alpha tribemembers.

So in short, this wouldn't help anything.  You can't "microtransaction" away people's need to feel good/powerful collecting the salt of fallen raiders, and that is why beginners/midlevel players in ARK Official PvP do not stand a chance.  You said it exactly right yourself:  "Because they can."

2. You talk about a game that doesnt have micro transactions in 2019 is great, which i agree with but were not talking about EA a huge company were talking about Wildcard a small company with little income being generated by anything other than DLCs and it costs them thousands to keep their servers running. They dont have the resources to generate new content, keep servers running and deal with meshing, duping and other issues effectively or intime without its player base being affected. So these micro transactions would generate income to help make the game a less toxic place, help generate content faster and hopefully with less bugs. But again you probably haven't experienced these issues on official servers.

This is ARGUABLY your most salient point, until you start talking about how microtransactions will possibly fix meshing and duping.  I know you aren't saying that the action of people buying kibble will fix it, but rather the money invested into the development team can maybe, possibly, hopefully give them the developmental leeway to break their fixation on abandoning old content (for the most part) and committing the majority of their resources on solving these issues.

For one, nothing says that this is what they have to do.  We do not get to tell them how to spend the money we give them.  They could use all the money from Extinction developing the new Managarmr-like creature to further upset the balance of the game.

For two, there are limitations that the dev-team can't get past.  I don't honestly think WildCard hasn't fully fixed meshing and duping because they don't want to.  I think it's more of a case that fixing meshing with 100% full-on map-sublevel-redesigns is a fairly massive undertaking, and redesigning the handling protocols for uploads and items is a heck of a lot of work.  I don't know that extra money would fix either of those issues.  I can't say that it 100% WOULDN'T fix it, but by the same logic I can't say 100% that it WOULD fix it.  So what's the point?

For two, if you think microtransactions will in any way make the game a less toxic place, I believe you are sorely mistaken.  I would actually like to hear the reason that led you to this conclusion.  Breaking it down, I guess the MOST important question is: Why do you think the game is "toxic" right now?  And again, if it won't make it less toxic, what's the point?  Making the game easier?

4. I dont think youre vert expierenced in this game, I believe you dont know whats good for it and seem like a toxic player calling me lazy for thinking of smaller tribes, solo players, new players and a way to generate money for a game that is dying. Think of the bigger picture not just your dedi playing pve playing self.

Again with the "ARK is dying" argument.  The forums sees this a lot.  It really seems like it isn't, but I'll give my take on both scenarios.

If ARK isn't dying, microtransactions are then proposed by you to be implemented so people can get things easier (instead of to revitalize the playerbase).  In that case, they can go to a boosted unofficial server where gameplay is a lot less demanding on both PvE AND PvP due to high gathering, fast taming, fast leveling, and fast breeding!  Unofficial can really ease the burden and help put the "fun" back in playing ARK, honestly.  Longer decay timers, slower food/generator fuel drain, and faster taming/gathering can make ARK quality of life a LOOOOOT better.

If it is dying, you think people will come back to spend more money on ARK to have an easier shake at things this go-around.  The people that left because they were tired of the daily upkeep on PvP or PvE, and/or the people who left because they were tired of getting raided and/or defending themselves every other damn day will come back to spend more money, so they will be more frustrated and angry when the exact same thing happens again because they have now invested more time, but also more money.  Just think about that for a minute.

5. There are already facebook pages and other platforms where people sell eggs, bps, kibble and top stat dinos for a price they decide resulting in extortion and scamming. So the game already has a TOS pay to win brother so please educate yourself on this game before trying to bring your negative attitude in my opinion a great idea. People are already making money off this game, why shouldnt wildcard, who might actually have fair prices.

The ARK Code of Conduct specifically prohibits the sale of stuff for real-life money, so I think it is hilariously ironic that you think - I - don't know the game.  This point is not worth addressing further due to presence in the ARK Code of Conduct.

--------------------------------------

So.  As a closer, I'll say this.  8100 hours played on Official PvE, Official PvP, Unofficial PvE, and Unofficial PvP.  Hundreds of dinosaurs tamed and bred, many bosses killed, many caves ransacked, many dinos lost, many dinos killed, beer-ran poorly laid-out bases on PvP, many bullets soaked, and several bases defended.  I don't know why you so consistently insisted on the ad-hominem.

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Nope. Nothing you said is valid. Microtransactions won't fix duping, meshing, or any other bug. How old are you to not understand trickle down economics has never been a thing? Your idea is predicated on that very notion.

Lol are you serious? Have you even read what i said? Let me put this as simply as possible for you. Item shop = income (for already unfunded & under staffed company) = money to spend on staff to create patches/systems to fix duping and meshing. Do you understand? If you're asking my age and trying to pull out an economics book on me but cant understand that then you need to go read that book again.

Everybody should earn what they get in game. It's super easy to. 

I agree to an extent but for people who arent in mega tribes or arent expierenced it is not easy. Again if i have to explain this you really must not know ark. 

Also it is infinitely easier to raid than defend. Why do you think people complain about thousands of hours invested into building a base vs 3 hours to legit wipe one. Are you sure you play PvP

Get better at understanding the game you're trying to ruin.

Again this just backs up my point you dont know what you are talking about. 1. If you lose 1000s of hours of work, in 3 hours you must have had poor base design or just a poor base.  2. The base couldve been hit by a mega that floods the server so noone can get on to defend it. 3.You probably got meshed. 4. You probably got spammed by duped stuff. 5. You cant pvp or dont know how to defend.

But when the pvp has no mega floods and no cheating it is much easier to sit behind 100s of slot capped turrets, sniping, picking people off soakers, using gigas for soakers trying to push turrets. All while you have every resource in the base to defend with while the raiders have set up a fob usually tiny to the base itself while transferring home to get more flak, bullets and dinos. It usuallycomes down to who has the will, the time and most resources if both tribes know what theyre doing. So yes i know pvp but clearly you dont.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, TheDonn said:

Grow up.

So i shut down your argument completely. Btw didnt realise the website replaced curse words, i take the stuff on that back.

I will probably be downvoted for this, but so be it.  raptor internet points.

This is a terrible idea, and there should be a forum button to downvote suggestions.  Once a suggestion hits a certain threshhold of downvotes it is removed from the suggestion forum...  Because this idea is raptoring terrible.  There is already pay-to-win in many games.  ARK doesn't need it.  It never has had it, and we've gotten along just fine without it.  A game with content releasing in 2019 that has no item shop/in-game microtransactions is a rare and beautiful thing.  And I'm not talking about, "I got SE for 2.99 on summersale so that is micro LOL!!1!!1" I'm talking about the exact thing you are suggesting:  Buying kibble, items, and saddles.  Things that 1) don't require a huge amount of knowledge or research to obtain, and 2) can significantly turn the tide for a tribe on PvE or PvP (especially PvP).

Stop being raptoring lazy.  Get your own BPs and kibble, and keep microtransactions out of our game.  Don't know how to?  Well then do, quite literally, 2 minutes of research about it and you will have all the info you need.

7 hours ago, THEBADGUY117 said:

So i shut down your argument completely. Btw didnt realise the website replaced curse words, i take the stuff on that back.

You shut nothing down.  You are a last-word internet'er with a terrible idea, as evidenced by the myriad of posts speaking out about how this is not a good idea for the game. 

EDIT:  I know you are a last-word'er because I have done the same thing.  You have to get a last slightly cutting phrase in so you feel like you won, but also it LOOKS like you "won" to everyone else.  My advice is this:  Accept that I (and many others) do not like this idea, and move on.  I don't like it, and think it is a bad idea for the very reasons I listed below.  If you like the idea, great.  I don't.  Others don't.  That will happen on the Suggestions Forum.  If you wanted me to actually respond to your points, say so and I will because I have plenty of opinions about them.  I am holding off because even if I make good counterpoints about your supposed shut-down, you will last-word them so you seem like the smartest guy in the thread without actually reading and considering.

To repeat:

"This is a terrible idea, and there should be a forum button to downvote suggestions.  Once a suggestion hits a certain threshhold of downvotes it is removed from the suggestion forum...  Because this idea is raptoring terrible.  There is already pay-to-win in many games.  ARK doesn't need it.  It never has had it, and we've gotten along just fine without it.  A game with content releasing in 2019 that has no item shop/in-game microtransactions is a rare and beautiful thing.  And I'm not talking about, "I got SE for 2.99 on summersale so that is micro LOL!!1!!1" I'm talking about the exact thing you are suggesting:  Buying kibble, items, and saddles.  Things that 1) don't require a huge amount of knowledge or research to obtain, and 2) can significantly turn the tide for a tribe on PvE or PvP (especially PvP).

Stop being raptoring lazy.  Get your own BPs and kibble, and keep microtransactions out of our game.  Don't know how to?  Well then do, quite literally, 2 minutes of research about it and you will have all the info you need."

Archived