Restricted Creatures

PipFromNowhere

Suggestion

Restricted Creatures

Make it so players can disable certain creature species in their ark's, similar to what you did with engrams in the world settings. This would allow for so much more roleplaying and similar things in the game, (for example removing all the creatures that are not medieval-fantasy, like horses and direwolves).

5 replies to this server topic

20 minutes ago, PipFromNowhere said:

@yekrucifixion187That is indeed what I mean. I am not very good at formulating my mind apparently.

Nah, you were good.

PC players have a hard time understanding the limitations us console players are faced with. 

They can adjust the ini files for their single player worlds which would allow the removal option. 

35 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

You can make creatures untamable by species in the ini file.

Do you mean a creature blacklist for each map/server? To prevent transfers, like how Aberration works.

I think he is referencing single player which has no ini option on console so he wants a disable dino list like they have a disable engram list.

Initially reading the suggestion I too immediately thought of the game ini files. I think it is because there was no specification to this being a suggestion for a single/dedicated player set up. 

You may want to point that out in the initial comment and possibly add some tags that references what you are referring too, or others may think the same if they do not read through the comments.

Having read through the comments though, I would say this would be a good idea. I am all for additional customization options for players. I know they aren't all possible, but will continue to vote for those that makes sense so that some day some might. 

Archived