No ARKaeology Event this year, will we have Halloween Event?

caleb68

No ARKaeology Event this year, will we have Halloween Event?

we didn't get the ARKaeology event this year, will be be having a Halloween Event?  I remember in one of the previous deve live feeds where they were talking about bringing the Halloween event back with new more interesting things in it, but haven't heard a peep on this sense.  I was actually looking forward to the Arkaeology event but it never came, and it makes me wonder if this will be yet another year without the Halloween event as well, anyone else?

As someone who has only started playing less than a year ago, I have been bummed out that events have been skipped. I started right before the 2018 winter wonderland so I got that one, the valentines day, the easter(summer bash) so far. I must say the events are a high point in this game and hearing about past events that keep getting skipped in the last couple years is disheartening.

The Arkeology event was geared towards the release of Extinction Chronicles.

It's main purpose was to introduce the Tek Rex. I think it ended and like 2 or 3 days later they started the Extinction Chronicles to introduce other tek variants. 

I don't believe they ever intended for it to be an annual event.

They did announce plans for a Genesis Chronicles so like the Halloween event last year, they'll probably trump that.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

well that bites (arkeology event), I still have a bunch of bones from it :(

They did announce plans for a Genesis Chronicles so like the Halloween event last year, they'll probably trump that.

yeah its part of the reason that im wondering if we will get a Halloween event this year,  i'd hate to see one event cancel out another again.

I thought the arkeology event was geared for the release of the Jurassic park/world movie as the non skeletal skins were of dinos in the movie.

The extintion chronicles filled the gap before extinction launched so hopefully we could get a halloween event at the end of october and genesis chronicals throughout November.

7 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

bring back the zombie wyvern!  Or something new like an alien invasion, with invasion ships flying in over head dropping monsters that kill everything.

I wish they would of made the zombie dino's tamable, so you could add them to your collection, having to feed them things like spoiled meat heh :) 

1 minute ago, WarpSpasm said:

hopefully we could get a halloween event at the end of october and genesis chronicals throughout November.

that would be a great way to do it, or if they start the genesis chronicals earlier, incorporate the Halloween event into that in October so that we can still have it. 

6 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

I wish they would of made the zombie dino's tamable, so you could add them to your collection, having to feed them things like spoiled meat heh :) 

that would be a great way to do it, or if they start the genesis chronicals earlier, incorporate the Halloween event into that in October so that we can still have it. 

They can be tamed...by killing the dodorex\dodo wyvern  the minions become claimable. 

With the upcoming release of Genesis and the Genesis Chronicles I really doubt we will get the Halloween event this year.... again.... Its such a shame, the events are always so much fun although they were better during EA.

Would love to play again during a Fear Evolved event. Playing during a Fear Evolved events was definitely one of the best experiences I have had with this game. Loved going out and hunting down the dodorex, even if it instilled fear on to everyone that it might spawn into ones base when they were offline. Two weeks of pure terror !

6 hours ago, Piffguru said:

As someone who has only started playing less than a year ago, I have been bummed out that events have been skipped. I started right before the 2018 winter wonderland so I got that one, the valentines day, the easter(summer bash) so far. I must say the events are a high point in this game and hearing about past events that keep getting skipped in the last couple years is disheartening.

Buddy, you missed out on so much events! If you thought these past few couple events were good, man did you miss out on a lot! I'm sorry that Wildcard has been doing a bad job with bringing more events to the game that aren't low quality...

Yeah it would be nice to see more consistent events for Ark like many other multiplayer games have as well as unique events that pop in that add something new to the game and make you question what all is happening.

for instance, we had the extinction chronicals that added in the extra explorer notes and tek dino's that led us to clues about what was to come in extinction. I'm sure were going to end up with some creature from the genesis chronicals popping into the arks as well, but....

there is a section in the game that speaks of data corruption (related to aberration) in the terminals, this in itself could lead to small things popping into the arks that 'are not natural', mini special events for special bosses that give unique rewards something other then just skins.  bits of coding that got mixed up and triggered causing the event.  There really are alot of different possibilities of what could happen, even something like that comic spoof movie Evolution ;).   

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

there is a section in the game that speaks of data corruption (related to aberration) in the terminals, this in itself could lead to small things popping into the arks that 'are not natural', mini special events for special bosses that give unique rewards something other then just skins.  bits of coding that got mixed up and triggered causing the event.  There really are alot of different possibilities of what could happen, even something like that comic spoof movie Evolution ;).

Careful else they'll start using this to explain lost characters and disappearing dino's. ??

Tbh it wasn't really an event per se but I really miss the excitement during early access of new dino releases. Once the trailer dropped everyone would get super hyped waiting for the patch, and then going out to find the new thing and tame it, whole servers would be participating in the fun. I wish they would do that again, just release a new animal once in awhile. Or do smaller TLC patches focusing on 1-2 at a time. The story and the Tek stuff is cool, but at the end of the day it's always going to be about the dinos. The deinonychus was neat, but came with a map; regular independent dino releases would do so much for this game imo.

15 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Buddy, you missed out on so much events! If you thought these past few couple events were good, man did you miss out on a lot! I'm sorry that Wildcard has been doing a bad job with bringing more events to the game that aren't low quality...

Yea my first bit of disappointment was the winderwonderland event NOT having the whole map snowy. I read it was all snowy in the past but that didnt happen last time. Never seen a dodorex or dodowyvern. Also its a bit annoying hearing them say things like oh we dont have time to do this event this year or whatnot... like Halloweens date doesnt change.. it doesnt sneak up on you. If you are competent you have this stuff ready to go months in advance.

38 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Yea my first bit of disappointment was the winderwonderland event NOT having the whole map snowy. I read it was all snowy in the past but that didnt happen last time. Never seen a dodorex or dodowyvern. Also its a bit annoying hearing them say things like oh we dont have time to do this event this year or whatnot... like Halloweens date doesnt change.. it doesnt sneak up on you. If you are competent you have this stuff ready to go months in advance.

have to agree, holidays are fixed points in the months, even the Chinese holidays, so its not really hard to plan ahead for the holiday events.  Time management, and their current projects however can become a issue.  Wildcard has their hands in quiet a few pots right now, and they seem content on expanding that.  Though most the games use a version of the ark engine somewhere along the line, its still a lot of different coding to process.   Ark, Pixel Ark, Ark Park, Dark & Light, Atlas, Outlaws of the Old West, Wushu Chronicles, Fear the Night, and a few more.   They have a 'small' team when it comes to company size, and they seem to keep stretching themselves thinner and thinner with games, having more workload to do, more projects to work on, and to be honest, that's where I believe their major fail is.  Too many projects spread across too small of a team, rather then making sub companies and tossing more games out, they should work on getting the ones they already have fixed, and functioning properly.  But that's just one mans thoughts.

• Wildcard Community
6 hours ago, caleb68 said:

have to agree, holidays are fixed points in the months, even the Chinese holidays, so its not really hard to plan ahead for the holiday events.  Time management, and their current projects however can become a issue.  Wildcard has their hands in quiet a few pots right now, and they seem content on expanding that.  Though most the games use a version of the ark engine somewhere along the line, its still a lot of different coding to process.   Ark, Pixel Ark, Ark Park, Dark & Light, Atlas, Outlaws of the Old West, Wushu Chronicles, Fear the Night, and a few more.   They have a 'small' team when it comes to company size, and they seem to keep stretching themselves thinner and thinner with games, having more workload to do, more projects to work on, and to be honest, that's where I believe their major fail is.  Too many projects spread across too small of a team, rather then making sub companies and tossing more games out, they should work on getting the ones they already have fixed, and functioning properly.  But that's just one mans thoughts.

Wildcard works on ARK, Grapeshot (which is like a sibling team) works on ATLAS.

Dark & Light, Pixark, ARK Park, Wushu Chronicles, and Fear the Night are all either developed by Snail Games or developed by other studios/teams and published by Snail.
Outlaws of the Old West is, to my knowledge, not in any way related... it's not even published by Snail.

I just wanted to clarify those points, but otherwise you are correct, our team isn't massive.
Current events and plans can have impact on holiday event planning.
That said, a Halloween event this year is not out of the question.

1 hour ago, ZenRowe said:

Wildcard works on ARK, Grapeshot (which is like a sibling team) works on ATLAS.

Dark & Light, Pixark, ARK Park, Wushu Chronicles, and Fear the Night are all either developed by Snail Games or developed by other studios/teams and published by Snail.
Outlaws of the Old West is, to my knowledge, not in any way related... it's not even published by Snail.

I just wanted to clarify those points, but otherwise you are correct, our team isn't massive.
Current events and plans can have impact on holiday event planning.
That said, a Halloween event this year is not out of the question.

think you need to get better antiquated with your team.  Snail games owns wildcard thus, wildcard and snailgames, reguardless of the name are one in the same. 

and just a fyi link for you - https://store.steampowered.com/developer/SnailGamesUSA Just for the games that snailgames actually adverts they are working on.

Not to mention the articles posted by wildcard & snail games admitting to working on the other games.  Plus, many of the 'wildcard' employee's posting what they've been working on in Atlas on Twitter.

12 hours ago, Cymas said:

Tbh it wasn't really an event per se but I really miss the excitement during early access of new dino releases. Once the trailer dropped everyone would get super hyped waiting for the patch, and then going out to find the new thing and tame it, whole servers would be participating in the fun. I wish they would do that again, just release a new animal once in awhile. Or do smaller TLC patches focusing on 1-2 at a time. The story and the Tek stuff is cool, but at the end of the day it's always going to be about the dinos. The deinonychus was neat, but came with a map; regular independent dino releases would do so much for this game imo.

This was the golden age of ARK, for sure. 

Archived