PLEASE fix your game

Stouln

WC, look this game is absolutely amazing. but for the love of everything ARK, please PLEASE fix your game. I glitched out of a map twice today using the managarmr. my rifle got stuck trying to reload more often then it actually shoots. I picked up the same fence post 12 times before I actually got it were I wanted it to go, and that wasn't even where it said it was going to go. I've died countless times from jelly fish coming out of the walls in the under water caves and maybe even more from snakes in pretty much any other cave. Alot of bugs have been with the game from the start but I would bet at least 80% of your fan base would much rather see these bugs and more fixed rather than seeing new maps, new dinos, and more than likely more bugs. So please PLEASE fix the bugs.

9 hours ago, Stouln said:

WC, look this game is absolutely amazing. but for the love of everything ARK, please PLEASE fix your game. I glitched out of a map twice today using the managarmr. my rifle got stuck trying to reload more often then it actually shoots. I picked up the same fence post 12 times before I actually got it were I wanted it to go, and that wasn't even where it said it was going to go. I've died countless times from jelly fish coming out of the walls in the under water caves and maybe even more from snakes in pretty much any other cave. Alot of bugs have been with the game from the start but I would bet at least 80% of your fan base would much rather see these bugs and more fixed rather than seeing new maps, new dinos, and more than likely more bugs. So please PLEASE fix the bugs.

Yes, i love this game too, but too much bugs, all servers have lags. This game takes too much free time. And at one point to lose, what took a few days (weeks) of real time. sadly(

27 minutes ago, Gral said:

Yes, i love this game too, but too much bugs, all servers have lags. This game takes too much free time. And at one point to lose, what took a few days (weeks) of real time. sadly(

Maybe try p servers buddy. i played 2.5k hours on official servers, until family work and freetime cut my game time. now im playin 500 hours on p servers with mods, that help u save a lot of time. rates are a little higher than on offi servers, but i can still enjoy ark with much less time. maybe give it a try :)

10 hours ago, JIIIKJo said:

Maybe try p servers buddy. i played 2.5k hours on official servers, until family work and freetime cut my game time. now im playin 500 hours on p servers with mods, that help u save a lot of time. rates are a little higher than on offi servers, but i can still enjoy ark with much less time. maybe give it a try :)

I host my own dedicated servers with about 3.5K hours. I absolutely hate official servers. I have ran servers with and without mods while still having all these issues. if you don't have them I would love to get your mod list. however, it should not be the burden of mod developers to fix the game. 

17 hours ago, JIIIKJo said:

Thank you. i will try this :)

On 10/1/2019 at 2:55 PM, Stouln said:

Would rather new maps tbh

4 hours ago, Stouln said:

Well I did say 80%. but even with new maps just look how long it took ark to open up transfers between the other maps and Val. I mean its a major aspect of the game and it was broken for the longest time.

Transfers to and from other maps is locked when a map launches so people can play it fresh not due to bugs and val was no different. I would say though your % is still and out and would be round the 50% mark, plenty of players like myself only really jump back on ark to play the new maps/tames. Every EA player I know has accepted majority of the bugs that have been in since the beginning. 

17 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Transfers to and from other maps is locked when a map launches so people can play it fresh not due to bugs and val was no different. I would say though your % is still and out and would be round the 50% mark, plenty of players like myself only really jump back on ark to play the new maps/tames. Every EA player I know has accepted majority of the bugs that have been in since the beginning. 

Transfers between other maps was in fact broken for a long while. you can easily look up the bug reports all over different forums. From around Jan to April it was actually a hot topic but the bug is still there and has happen to 3 different people on my private server alone. all WC ever does is slap a band-aid on the issue instead of ever actually fixing it. I dont play EA games because they are always broke. you shouldn't have to report constant issues to GMs or admins because the game is broke fundamentally. how difficult would it really be to have a team dedicated to fixing bugs that would give us updates on what they are trying to fix or why other issues have not been fixed and why? for the longest time they said they were going to "optimize" the game and it got pushed back for probably hundreds of updates. and even now the optimization updates they put in seem to only cause more bugs half the time. one of the most annoying things to me is the reload mechanic. like how hard is it to get that right really? there are thousands of games that have the exact same mechanic but its been broken in ark ever since the start. its something small for sure and its by no means the worst bug ark has but its just so incredibly annoying that A.) WC has know about the bug forever and B.) they are still not willing to do anything to fix it. and C.) they are pushing more and more add ons before the game even runs smooth. the concept of the game is absolutely amazing but there are just so many fundamental break downs in the games functionality its cringe worthy.

2 hours ago, Stouln said:

Transfers between other maps was in fact broken for a long while. you can easily look up the bug reports all over different forums. From around Jan to April it was actually a hot topic but the bug is still there and has happen to 3 different people on my private server alone. all WC ever does is slap a band-aid on the issue instead of ever actually fixing it. I dont play EA games because they are always broke. you shouldn't have to report constant issues to GMs or admins because the game is broke fundamentally. how difficult would it really be to have a team dedicated to fixing bugs that would give us updates on what they are trying to fix or why other issues have not been fixed and why? for the longest time they said they were going to "optimize" the game and it got pushed back for probably hundreds of updates. and even now the optimization updates they put in seem to only cause more bugs half the time. one of the most annoying things to me is the reload mechanic. like how hard is it to get that right really? there are thousands of games that have the exact same mechanic but its been broken in ark ever since the start. its something small for sure and its by no means the worst bug ark has but its just so incredibly annoying that A.) WC has know about the bug forever and B.) they are still not willing to do anything to fix it. and C.) they are pushing more and more add ons before the game even runs smooth. the concept of the game is absolutely amazing but there are just so many fundamental break downs in the games functionality its cringe worthy.

You know I get that this is a forum and everyone is psychic but I do wanna know where you got the logic of B they are not willing to do anything to fix it. Not disclosing plans or giving status updates certainly doesn't equal not willing. 

I wouldn't even care about the bugs anymore if the servers would stop lagging...

Also the 15min server save, was there really no better way to handle that? Instead of freezing the server for 20-80sec every 15 minutes without even a small warning beforehand. I would be really interested in a statistic on how many tames and how much gear people have lost to this.

59 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

I wouldn't even care about the bugs anymore if the servers would stop lagging...

Also the 15min server save, was there really no better way to handle that? Instead of freezing the server for 20-80sec every 15 minutes without even a small warning beforehand. I would be really interested in a statistic on how many tames and how much gear people have lost to this.

we havent lost any gear / tames to server saves yet, but the server 'save time' does seem to be increasing more and more.  I honestly don't believe that any of the servers have been upgraded sense they were initially launched, this in itself is going to cause the servers to be more laggy with the more people who are online, and the more things that it has to process.  The game has become more and more hardware demanding, and if the servers are not in fact being upgraded, its just going to continue to get worse and worse.

15 hours ago, Fukushu said:

Yeah, today while I was taming a giga the game froze for 30 secs. So I lost my wyvern and someone else tamed that giga after that xD

18 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

You know I get that this is a forum and everyone is psychic but I do wanna know where you got the logic of B they are not willing to do anything to fix it. Not disclosing plans or giving status updates certainly doesn't equal not willing. 

This game has been available since 2015 and the bug has been around from the start. there has been no information AT ALL released about any fixes for issues like the one i mentioned before. Even still lets look at the Managarmr. It was released for the extinction update and right away had a bunch of updates released trying to fix it. however its still super broke. i just flew around the snow biome in extinction to see how its going so far. I found 3 managarmrs just floating in the air not doing anything and no way for them to land. Seems like a pretty big bug to me but even still i just went through the last 10 updates and no mention of trying to fix em...? but thank you for all the updates that "Fixed an Exploit" what exploit? what was causing the exploit? what was done to fix it? what about an update on ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS?! most of the updates have a bunch of BS in them. "Buffed Tek Turrets health by 50%" "cryo pods and cryo are now craftable at the obelisk" "ice titan freeze ability reduced to 12 seconds" Like all these are nice and what not but i still cant reload my rifle, jelly fish still come through walls, i still spawn under my house when logging in, i still get launched if i exit a boss battle while riding a dino, managarmrs still glitch through the map if you jump too high. but oh thank you WC for making the snow owl animation for freezing take longer, that was way too OP.

I agree that an older game shouldn't have so many bugs and crash issues. It's one thing if you crash cause your PC can't handle it. It's another if the server can't keep up with players/dinos/structures it has. Those are more important issues than releasing new packs. Are the new packs going to be just as bad? No thanks! I don't like working hard for hours and hours to have a server rollback. Fix them, then release new stuff!

Archived