Top 3 Creatures you Hate to tame

RipRavage

15 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

dung beetles, along with smaller passive tames are easy to tame, you just stand in front of them so they can't walk off, as they turn you adjust your position on them.  this keeps them from wondering about on you.  I've even done this with the aberration shoulder pets. The owls are a better source for fertilizer, expecially if you have a gacha to go with it, let the gacha pick up the pellets, grab a few out of the gacha and shove them into your planter plots.

Yeah, I think the problem was that I wasn't crouching and it kept aggroing on me. I was pretty new to the game then and didn't really understand passive taming at the time.

1. Definitely troodons. So finicky with what they’ll bite and one wrong move and you’re sleeping watching it dance on your body taking a bite every 2 minutes. Best way is to get some hyenadons/baby wyverns and use pheromone darts, adding even more expense to an honestly useless tame

2. Titanosaur. Not the hardest to do now that we have meks for the job, it’s just resource intensive making a mek, a canon module, and 30 or so canon shells. 

3.  Seagull. Waiting for the DireWolf to land to be bolad and killing him with anything except darts is awful. Then you sit there babysitting it as I gobbles narcotics and demands you fillet another salmon every 2 minutes

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

1. Definitely troodons. So finicky with what they’ll bite and one wrong move and you’re sleeping watching it dance on your body taking a bite every 2 minutes. Best way is to get some hyenadons/baby wyverns and use pheromone darts, adding even more expense to an honestly useless tame

Troodons aren't so bad, a 1x2 pen with a ramp up one side, you run up the ramp with troodon in follow, and leap across, th troodon ends up in the pen, then you just tame a high level dodo and toss it to the troodon (making sure its on passive / passive flee). secondary method - tranq them, build a small 1x1 pen around them with fence foundations and walls, wait for them to wake up, and toss them a high level dodo.

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

2. Titanosaur. Not the hardest to do now that we have meks for the job, it’s just resource intensive making a mek, a canon module, and 30 or so canon shells. 

3.  Seagull. Waiting for the DireWolf to land to be bolad and killing him with anything except darts is awful. Then you sit there babysitting it as I gobbles narcotics and demands you fillet another salmon every 2 minutes

I use a quetzal cannon method easily tamed solo 29 cannon balls a lot cheaper than a mek I believe to tame titanosaur 

3 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

I use a quetzal cannon method easily tamed solo 29 cannon balls a lot cheaper than a mek I believe to tame titanosaur 

The quetz canon method is a lot cheaper if you can do it, and are confident with your cannon aim (much harder to do solo).

I just prefer the mek because the aim is so much easier, and does 4x torpor as a cannon. If you already have a mek and cannon module this is def the strat to go for, a handful of shells will be cheaper than a load of balls.

3 minutes ago, Thyme said:

The quetz canon method is a lot cheaper if you can do it, and are confident with your cannon aim (much harder to do solo).

I just prefer the mek because the aim is so much easier, and does 4x torpor as a cannon. If you already have a mek and cannon module this is def the strat to go for, a handful of shells will be cheaper than a load of balls.

does this work for rock golems as well? if so imma gonna be collecting stuff to make my mek bp i've been hanging onto forever.

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

does this work for rock golems as well? if so imma gonna be collecting stuff to make my mek bp i've been hanging onto forever.

Yes it does, 3 shells to KO any golem. Make sure you use a trap that avoids the golem taking splash damage or it will have lower taming effectivness, theres a few cheap designs on youtube.

Archived