Jump to content

Dasham86

I am not understanding this.....

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

 Is this not about how many creatures you can have before its considered hording ? Or have I misunderstood ? Also where is this list ?

Per the CoC, as of today - 5 mins ago, this is the posted "list" & "limit".

Capture+_2019-09-30-15-00-31.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PreshusRoze said:

Per the CoC, as of today - 5 mins ago, this is the posted "list" & "limit".

Capture+_2019-09-30-15-00-31.png

Yeah.  I remember when that part came out!  My Thorny Dragon breeder stock was trimmed way down...  And Glowtails too.  All it takes is one report and you have your tribe dino-wiped!  I've read several threads about this happening, reported on the forums, before they were locked for discussing enforcement action openly.  It's nuts.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically any dino fits in the "easy to tame and maintain" category. Every single dino is easy to tame (much more when we talking about just filling the cap, so even a lvl 5 will work) and there are too few exceptions in the easy to maintain thing, gigas, snow owls and few others. Rest of dinos last for more than a week unmainted.

One change I would do is that when pressing esc key the user can see the current tame number / max tame number on the server. So this way the users are aware their dinos may be negatively impacting the tame cap.

 

Edited by arkark
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

The underlined part uses the word 'Intentionally'. How do you prove intent?

 

To actually violate this rule, as written, a player or tribe would have to be intending to cap a server.

If only this is the way it worked.  I have already heard of several shinepet breeders getting themselves not only dino wiped, but STRUCTURE wiped as well.  Wildcard has deleted the entire tribe because someone reported them for having too many dinos of a certain type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dasham86 said:

If only this is the way it worked.  I have already heard of several shinepet breeders getting themselves not only dino wiped, but STRUCTURE wiped as well.  Wildcard has deleted the entire tribe because someone reported them for having too many dinos of a certain type.

A limit by type shouldn't be a rule, it should be a game mechanics. Like turrets.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

A limit by type shouldn't be a rule, it should be a game mechanics. Like turrets.

I agree.  I should not be wiped cause I have 30 shinepets out when someone can have 200 gigas out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other question I put to the developers and the enforcers.......

Does that 20 limit apply to ALL shinepets?  Or per species?  Cause my aberration tribe is about 15 strong.  And if each of us have 2-3 shinepets of differing variety that is over the 20 shinepet limit.  Should we be worrying about being wiped over there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Also I would consider a shinehorn an easy tame personally, clear the area and feed it a few seeds for less than 3min.. thats pretty easy if you ask me.

ON that same note a basilo is an easy tame too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like if the server isn't currently tame capped, you shouldn't be able to report people for "intentionally capping a server"--given that breeding as a game mechanic coupled with low official timers basically demands you have a ton of breeding animals around to make progress on your lines, I don't think it's really fair to impose artificial limits on breeders when there's already tribe limits on tames, cryopods to make managing all these animals easier, etc. It's a band-aid for a fundamentally broken aspect of the game.

The solution is also laughably simple, just make mating intervals have a lower cooldown. I actually ran into this issue on an unofficial server, the admin was afraid of people overbreeding so they kept the mating interval at official rates and everything else at typical unofficial 5X+ rates. The result was that you could raise animals faster than you could breed them, so of course the server was overrun by people raising tons of extra animals to get around the longer mating interval. When they didn't just straight up leave the server (self included) because of how silly that all was.

The other solution would be (maybe with Genesis) introducing essentially the Ark version of artificial insemination, maybe with an incubator type item. Put a pair of cryopodded animals in the incubator and as long as the incubator is powered, they will "mate" as often as their timers run down, and the incubator will also take care of the egg. Mammals are a bit tougher, but maybe if you also put empty pods in the incubator it will pod the baby for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dasham86 said:

ON that same note a basilo is an easy tame too.

Although under the same circumstances with a 150 on 1x it would take closer to 30minutes instead of 3 minutes, also would take exceptional kibble(aka rex eggs or something similar), and you have to fight the mantas surrounding it every time which a shinehorn does not have a similar contemporary, AND you realistically need scuba and a water tame to do this(for stamina reasons).

EVEN with all those differences that make a basilo much much harder to tame I would agree that a basilo is an easy tame because in general I consider any passive tame that does not fight back if you touch them to be relatively easy. Yet I would not put the basilo in the same category as a shoulder pet when thinking of the dino restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

 you have to fight the mantas surrounding it every time which a shinehorn does not have a similar contemporary

Uh....  Every single thing down in blue zone (except for other shinehorns) wants to eat you, your tame, your 3rd cousins tames, and your dead relatives left arm.

Edited by Dasham86
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dasham86 said:

Uh....  Every single thing down in blue zone (except for other shinehorns) wants to eat you, your tame, your 3rd cousins tames, and your dead relatives left arm.

You say that but Ive gone and tamed a handful of shinehorns in the blue while only having to kill maybe 1 or 2 megalos at most and that was just to be sure cause it was barely in render, definitely not the same as 20 mantas swarming the creature... Plus you really shouldnt be in the blue zone if you arent on a creature that can handle whats in the zone in the first place. Also I have tamed like 3 shinehorns right above the blue because they wander up there too you know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tamed my first Shinehorn once I got a Megalo. If you struggle to tame them in the Blue then get a Megalo and pick them up take them back to your base. I believe Shinehorn being on the easy to tame and maintain list is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, GP said:

I believe Shinehorn being on the easy to tame and maintain list is correct.

I should not be limited to the amount of dinos I can have out for a breeding project just cause someone says it is easy to tame.

I firmly believe all dinos are easy to tame.  At least that has been my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is going to be a restriction on the amount of shinehorns I can have out for a breeding project then there should be a limit to the number of gigas or managarmrs someone can have out.

I have passed over bases that were at TRIBE cap with manas...  Just manas......  Yet I cannot have out more than 20 shinehorns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dasham86 said:

I should not be limited to the amount of dinos I can have out for a breeding project just cause someone says it is easy to tame.

I firmly believe all dinos are easy to tame.  At least that has been my experience.

You got to look at the "easy" bracket from doing things on your own at least, and what is required to tame a creature.

Yes with a tribe mate a Giga tame might be easy, but for a solo it might not be as easy. Does it make it easy or hard? Well there's no clear answer, however, a Dodo is easier to tame than a Giga. Unless i'm wrong?

What is easier to tame, a Dodo or a Crab? Do you need to build catapults and fire boulders at Dodos to tame them whilst avoiding parts of their body that can cause injury? No. A Dodo is easier to tame than a Crab. Does that mean a Crab is hard? Not necessarily.

Just because one person may think everything is easy to tame doesn't mean they are all under the easy bracket.

Some dinos are passive tames, easy stuff.
Some dinos simply need to be tranqed with darts, easy stuff.
Some dinos need traps to lure them into, pretty easy, but more effort required than the above.
Some dinos need boulders flung at them and hit them on the head whilst avoiding their body, maybe easy for some, but a lot more effort and patience required than above.

So although you firmly believe they are easy to tame for you, you need to look at what "easy" means.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GP said:

You got to look at the "easy" bracket from doing things on your own at least, and what is required to tame a creature.

Yes with a tribe mate a Giga tame might be easy, but for a solo it might not be as easy. Does it make it easy or hard? Well there's no clear answer, however, a Dodo is easier to tame than a Giga. Unless i'm wrong?

What is easier to tame, a Dodo or a Crab? Do you need to build catapults and fire boulders at Dodos to tame them whilst avoiding parts of their body that can cause injury? No. A Dodo is easier to tame than a Crab. Does that mean a Crab is hard? Not necessarily.

Just because one person may think everything is easy to tame doesn't mean they are all under the easy bracket.

Some dinos are passive tames, easy stuff.
Some dinos simply need to be tranqed with darts, easy stuff.
Some dinos need traps to lure them into, pretty easy, but more effort required than the above.
Some dinos need boulders flung at them and hit them on the head whilst avoiding their body, maybe easy for some, but a lot more effort and patience required than above.

So although you firmly believe they are easy to tame for you, you need to look at what "easy" means.

I agree with most of your post.  However I do not believe that I should only be allowed to have 20 shinehorns out while others can have HUNDREDS of their particular breeding project out at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dasham86 said:

I agree with most of your post.  However I do not believe that I should only be allowed to have 20 shinehorns out while others can have HUNDREDS of their particular breeding project out at a time.

I can't really comment on the limit aspect as i'm not knowledgeable around the impact certain creatures have on the servers. The only reason these limits are implemented is because people have abused them in the past.

I agree 20 seems pretty small though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...