I am not understanding this.....

Dasham86

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I m a bit confused here.  About what limit we are talking here? U have tribe limit or?? And if I want to have 500 shinehorns whats the problem???  If a want to have 500 dodos, again problem?? But 500 gigas are OK. Why do we even have tribe limit so someone can tell me what I can and cannot have. 

Like Lycan says

"Still play legacy"

While it annoys me to fly over bases that have 300+ of the same [insert dino] some are actual breeders and kudos to them its a lot of work, while the majority are just random's that bought said dino and are trying to get a mutation in hopes they get it. With the hopes that they will get a butt load of resources selling/trading them, or they just have a collection of colors whether its a decent level and or stats. Cant tell you how many bases I see that have under level 100 dino's or cloned dino's out just for the colors.  Honestly I wish they would just get rid of the colors then people wouldn't horde so many sub par dino's. These sub par dinos just sit there for them to look at and never get used thus taking dino slots, im not saying what dino's are useful and others are not everyone has their own way to play, but a line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise every server will be tame capped.

To answer your original question yes all light pets are easy to tame and maintain, even breeding light pets is easy 2 day raise like the moderator said you have to take a closer look at what "easily tamed or easily maintained" your shine horns can be not feed for a week and still live. Using the giga example depending on the food it has if not feed it will starve itself to death in 3 or 3 1/2 days.

But here is a alternative to your problem if you have 47 shine horns I think you said split it up your gonna get a random timer anyways so take say 15 mate them, wait till the next day take out another 15 mate them so on and so on. You'll have a continuous line of females having babies and you can continue your line with no problems. Yes I know it doesn't seem fair to you because other tribes have 100's of the same dino and you only have 20. But most of those will get a lot more use on other servers than a light pet will.

18 minutes ago, CowBoyKillers said:

While it annoys me to fly over bases that have 300+ of the same [insert dino] some are actual breeders and kudos to them its a lot of work, while the majority are just random's that bought said dino and are trying to get a mutation in hopes they get it. With the hopes that they will get a butt load of resources selling/trading them, or they just have a collection of colors whether its a decent level and or stats. Cant tell you how many bases I see that have under level 100 dino's or cloned dino's out just for the colors.  Honestly I wish they would just get rid of the colors then people wouldn't horde so many sub par dino's. These sub par dinos just sit there for them to look at and never get used thus taking dino slots, im not saying what dino's are useful and others are not everyone has their own way to play, but a line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise every server will be tame capped.

To answer your original question yes all light pets are easy to tame and maintain, even breeding light pets is easy 2 day raise like the moderator said you have to take a closer look at what "easily tamed or easily maintained" your shine horns can be not feed for a week and still live. Using the giga example depending on the food it has if not feed it will starve itself to death in 3 or 3 1/2 days.

But here is a alternative to your problem if you have 47 shine horns I think you said split it up your gonna get a random timer anyways so take say 15 mate them, wait till the next day take out another 15 mate them so on and so on. You'll have a continuous line of females having babies and you can continue your line with no problems. Yes I know it doesn't seem fair to you because other tribes have 100's of the same dino and you only have 20. But most of those will get a lot more use on other servers than a light pet will.

That's all gd but there's mating cool down bug atm!! ...all my lvl 5 fem gigas I level to about 15k or better food .I mean to Wc  light pets are a ez tame yes but...what about my gigas hmm a lvl 5 fem takes 2750 shards to clone at 5 hours per clone  so with 5 cloners I'm able to 20 gigas a day lol this rule on light pets is bs ...1 week 100 gigas in my yard 

48 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

That's all gd but there's mating cool down bug atm!! ...all my lvl 5 fem gigas I level to about 15k or better food .I mean to Wc  light pets are a ez tame yes but...what about my gigas hmm a lvl 5 fem takes 2750 shards to clone at 5 hours per clone  so with 5 cloners I'm able to 20 gigas a day lol this rule on light pets is bs ...1 week 100 gigas in my yard 

And with that.  Check out the cloning cost and time of a 297 shinehorn....  Completely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, CowBoyKillers said:

While it annoys me to fly over bases that have 300+ of the same [insert dino] some are actual breeders and kudos to them its a lot of work

That is exactly my point.  I am a breeder of shinehorns.  I have a few low level ones here.  JUST for color that I am currently working onto my 297.  I wait til all 46 of the females are ready to breed.  Then take that ONE colored male....  Breed him to all 46 of the female and one of my alliance members comes over and claims the one or 2 that come out with the color and stat.  Then it gets put away.  But breeders of ANY other dino (except the easy to tame and maintain list) are able to keep theirs out all the time.  Yet I cannot.  My tribe limit is 500.  Why does it matter WHAT 500 dinos I choose to fill it with?  As long as they are not just sitting there....

1 hour ago, Dasham86 said:

And with that.  Check out the cloning cost and time of a 297 shinehorn....  Completely ridiculous.

That is exactly my point.  I am a breeder of shinehorns.  I have a few low level ones here.  JUST for color that I am currently working onto my 297.  I wait til all 46 of the females are ready to breed.  Then take that ONE colored male....  Breed him to all 46 of the female and one of my alliance members comes over and claims the one or 2 that come out with the color and stat.  Then it gets put away.  But breeders of ANY other dino (except the easy to tame and maintain list) are able to keep theirs out all the time.  Yet I cannot.  My tribe limit is 500.  Why does it matter WHAT 500 dinos I choose to fill it with?  As long as they are not just sitting there....

Ikr!! Haha giga are ez tames in my eyes as well 200 darts 1k narcotics boom tamed hell tuso on x2 100 pearls tamed in 30 min...

4 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Ikr!! Haha giga are ez tames in my eyes as well 200 darts 1k narcotics boom tamed hell tuso on x2 100 pearls tamed in 30 min...

Which is what I said.  All tames are easy tames.  If you know what you are doing.  Just cause shinepets are passive tames doesn't neccessarily make them easy. 

5 minutes ago, Dasham86 said:

Still no answer from Wildcard....

Wildcard doesn't just respond to every mention they get. I'd imagine lightpets are "Easy Tames" because I could literally tame one and play Dark Souls at the same time. Not to mention they require almost no upkeep in terms of food after being tamed. Lightpets also have the potential to eat up a lot of server performance with their shining, so 20 may be the limit to prevent that from happening. 

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Wildcard doesn't just respond to every mention they get. I'd imagine lightpets are "Easy Tames" because I could literally tame one and play Dark Souls at the same time. Not to mention they require almost no upkeep in terms of food after being tamed. Lightpets also have the potential to eat up a lot of server performance with their shining, so 20 may be the limit to prevent that from happening. 

There is a base of I know on an extinction server.  20 gigas are eating from 1/3 of a tek trough.  And that tek trough is only checked once or twice a week.  How is that a lot of upkeep?

And giga tails.......  Let me just stop there.  How is that not going to take a lot of server performance?

Was there any development on a list of what classifies "easy to tame" I mean I would consider dimorphos a pretty easy tame, same with vultures, and those are pretty much the only two tames that I actually like to mass tame and get a nice swarm of them going. If it turns out that they are classified as easy to tame and I can only have a max of 20.... Then I think I will be sticking to unofficial servers. I am honestly getting tired of this nonsense, WC make all these tedious and work around rules to the CoC in order to compensate for their games lack of optimization and design flaws.

When you want to introduce limiting on features that are already a part of the game, then do that on the back-end, so make it that players actually arent able to tame more than x amount fo said species, or at the very least be specific and release a list, maybe they do have a list somewhere but I havent seen it. You don't leave it in the game and allow players to go past the limit and then you punish them for it afterwards, I am sorry but that is a temporary fix. You do that while you are patching the thing that you want to restrict. You don't allow players to eat as many donuts as they want but then punish them if they eat more than 5, that is just bad customer service bad business practice and all round lazy management.

Either release a list of the dinos, make that list easily accessible and very public so that players can't argue that they were unaware of this stipulation. And yes if you don't promote the list enough then it is perfectly fair for players to turn around and say they were unaware of this stipulation. Only if you can prove that the information is easily accessible and has been effectively communicated to the community can you then punish people for ignoring this stipulation.

I can promise you right now if some dev came to me and told me that hoarding dimorphos was against CoC and then wanted to dev wipe me for it, even after I tell them I was unaware I couldnt have more than x amount of dimorpho tames, not only would I lose my poop but I would drop this game faster than you could blink and never look back. As much as I enjoy the game I would never continue supporting something with a management team that has that level of incompetence and arrogance. Hopefully this is rectified and not just left to rot and fester because as it stands now, I agree with others that this is not acceptable. It is perfectly fine to have a restriction like this but it is not ok to go about enforcing it in the previously described manner...

6 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I can promise you right now if some dev came to me and told me that hoarding dimorphos was against CoC and then wanted to dev wipe me for it, even after I tell them I was unaware I couldnt have more than x amount of dimorpho tames, not only would I lose my poop but I would drop this game faster than you could blink and never look back. As much as I enjoy the game I would never continue supporting something with a management team that has that level of incompetence and arrogance. Hopefully this is rectified and not just left to rot and fester because as it stands now, I agree with others that this is not acceptable. It is perfectly fine to have a restriction like this but it is not ok to go about enforcing it in the previously described manner...

You would not be informed.  You would just log on one day to nothing.

Archived