Opinion on how the game has turned out

Fleekcitrousash

Opinion on how the game has turned out

So after recently reading some other discussions, i came to the realization that lots of people dont like how the core mechanics of the game came out,what do you guys think of how the game has turned out from a simple semi-prehistoric game to all this weird stuff about futuristic and fantasy setting and tek teir being introduced? I personally found my self being somewhat disappointed, but after playing a few more times, i found myself to actually like the fantasy and sci-fi elements, although i rarely actually get them since i only play single player (i am also not talking about the community or all the gamebreaking glitches the game has)

I enjoy the fantasy aspects, the mythical creatures are a bit more unique than the original dinos (look how many dinos are stuck with one left click attack :(). They allow for abilites a dinosaur wouldn't have. This is partly just because the devs have gotten a bit better over time, tlcs like procoptodons make it feel as unique and useful as dragons.

Tek items are underwhelming in their usefulness but the robots added in extinction are useful and a hell of a lot of fun to use.

I'm not so much disappointed in any game mechanics, I'm more so upset about early access glitches still being in the game, like beacons glitching into the ground.  This game has a weird relationship between "Glitches" and "Features".  Raft building is a good example, there are hard limits in the game as too how large a raft structure is supposed to be, in reality they were intended to only support 3x3 structures, but through the use of ceilings you can extend the raft out and make an aesthetically pleasing raft instead of a blocky mess.  This clearly isn't intended, but it pretty much common practice at this point and considered a feature even though it can have some bad consequences like people building long rafts and placing c4 on the ends and glitching them into beach bases for easy demolition.

Aesthetically I enjoy the Tek creatures and Mythological elements, but I am greatly saddened that adding actual dinosaurs gets neglected in favor of said creatures.  I really think they should have added a few of the Ark additions dinos to maps like Valguero so we could get a little more variety in the types of dinosaurs we have.  I'm not talking unbalanced ones like the Brachiosaurus, but the Acrocanthosaurus and the Deinosuchus would be nice.

I REALLY like how the game turned out. EVERY dino has unique characteristics, unique expressions, unique sounds, unique attacks. Raptors by gosh hunt as a pack. The detailing of this game is amazing. I haven't even gushed about the baby raising, the hatching process, the mating, and we don't even pay a sub. IMAGINE if we did pay a sub how things like server maintenance and customer service would be in line with other games. So anyway enough of that cause I really do enjoy the game without a sub and THAT is why I overlook certain things that do take away from every day gameplay (like lag). BECAUSE no other GAME offers what this game does WITHOUT a sub.

KUDOS to the team that brought us extinction and crytotech. It has alleviated horrible server cap issues and lag. The desire to keep the game as a sandbox where we can build whatever and however we want is what makes this game magic and we must understand that with that freedom comes certain limitations on server stability (hint hint to people who build giant empty castles for no reason -- BUT that is what makes the game so fun.)

I also applaud the conscious decision on the part of the DEVS to open up the tek tier to more players by giving us the Gacha and the plentiful source of element that is the Extinction map. It could be argued that there should be some balancing in respect to element and Gachas but I for one HATED how tek tier was almost inaccessible. I know I know but what about progression. I get it. But you cannot deny it was a solid wall to all but the most dedicated of players. Which is why I do support some balancing passes with respect to element, progression, gachas, CLONING etc. 

I cannot address PVP side issues because that's just not my thing and I don't care for it at all. 

The fantasy elements are in line with the lore. The lore can be hard to follow because it requires a player to actually read in detail the notes. I am glad they are addressing this with HLNA in the upcoming expansion. I do hope for more DINOS as opposed to tek robot/corrupted super creatures. For instance the addition of the Deinonychus has been so wonderful with its mobility and damage abilities. I would like to see more of the regular dinos in the upcoming expansion. 

Everything honestly came out perfectly from the  creature to environment  i can’t really imagine it being better I mean what wasn’t done well

they did the story so well with a very story driven game that most you see on your own then some lore you can find in the notes and the level of detail is unreal and the game  and the story is so realistic 

each creature is unique and lots are important and done so well and were balanced very well

Each map being basically a deferent game (excluding scorched basically the island with some new stuff) the island all about prehistoric creatures and a mysterious island aberration being underground highly mutant broken ark with aliens and extinction has robots and cyborgs and is an apocalyptic world 

Pretty much every mechanic works so well and some are unbelievable like rock drake climbing I’ve never seen such a smooth animation and also the managarmr freeze I have never seen a mechanic as advanced as that

Also I have played with almost no lag and little glitches 

i could go on and on but for NOW I will leave it at that

1 hour ago, asmodiandevils said:

I REALLY like how the game turned out. EVERY dino has unique characteristics, unique expressions, unique sounds, unique attacks. Raptors by gosh hunt as a pack. The detailing of this game is amazing. I haven't even gushed about the baby raising, the hatching process, the mating, and we don't even pay a sub. IMAGINE if we did pay a sub how things like server maintenance and customer service would be in line with other games. So anyway enough of that cause I really do enjoy the game without a sub and THAT is why I overlook certain things that do take away from every day gameplay (like lag). BECAUSE no other GAME offers what this game does WITHOUT a sub.

KUDOS to the team that brought us extinction and crytotech. It has alleviated horrible server cap issues and lag. The desire to keep the game as a sandbox where we can build whatever and however we want is what makes this game magic and we must understand that with that freedom comes certain limitations on server stability (hint hint to people who build giant empty castles for no reason -- BUT that is what makes the game so fun.)

I also applaud the conscious decision on the part of the DEVS to open up the tek tier to more players by giving us the Gacha and the plentiful source of element that is the Extinction map. It could be argued that there should be some balancing in respect to element and Gachas but I for one HATED how tek tier was almost inaccessible. I know I know but what about progression. I get it. But you cannot deny it was a solid wall to all but the most dedicated of players. Which is why I do support some balancing passes with respect to element, progression, gachas, CLONING etc. 

I cannot address PVP side issues because that's just not my thing and I don't care for it at all. 

The fantasy elements are in line with the lore. The lore can be hard to follow because it requires a player to actually read in detail the notes. I am glad they are addressing this with HLNA in the upcoming expansion. I do hope for more DINOS as opposed to tek robot/corrupted super creatures. For instance the addition of the Deinonychus has been so wonderful with its mobility and damage abilities. I would like to see more of the regular dinos in the upcoming expansion. 

Damn, yeah, the most i agreed with you are all the technical bugs, because there are several bugs in the game, but the overall gameplay, i think, overshadows it completely

6 hours ago, Thyme said:

I enjoy the fantasy aspects, the mythical creatures are a bit more unique than the original dinos (look how many dinos are stuck with one left click attack :(). They allow for abilites a dinosaur wouldn't have. This is partly just because the devs have gotten a bit better over time, tlcs like procoptodons make it feel as unique and useful as dragons.

Tek items are underwhelming in their usefulness but the robots added in extinction are useful and a hell of a lot of fun to use.

Tek is underwhelming ????lol oh is that not a joke a tek rifle is stronger than a ascended sniper rifle tek armor better Than ascended riot 

2 hours ago, SlipperySquid said:

PvE it is fine while i personally hate the tek it is a nice progression path to take.

PvP Players are the underlying factor as to why the game is very unenjoyable not the developers aside from the core issues that can only be solved dev side.

Want is wrong with the devs

also THIS HAS NEVER BEEN A DINOSAUR GAME EVER ITS WAS ALWAYS SCI FI

5 hours ago, Fleekcitrousash said:

So after recently reading some other discussions, i came to the realization that lots of people dont like how the core mechanics of the game came out

keep in mind there are many happy with the way the game works that aren't posting in the forums, on steam, reddit, etc.  many people won't come to the forums unless they've found something wrong with the game, a bug or a glitch is causing problems, or something similar.

what do you guys think of how the game has turned out from a simple semi-prehistoric game to all this weird stuff about futuristic and fantasy setting and tek teir being introduced?

I was around in the begining when the island was the only map. what i found hard to grasp was the fact that out of all the creatures on the earth, the only thing they brought were prehistoric creatures.  where were all the normal wild life? why didn't we save things like cows, dogs, cats, even the normal wildlife?  why did we choose to pick something that had its chance on the planet and bring it back, let alone the most vicious ones of them all?

But I played and i enjoyed playing it, though at that time, tames took a lot more hours to do then they do now adays, you thought taming is long now, you should of seen it in the begining.  I built, I played, i died alot,  I had fun with friends. 

When scorched earth came out, i couldn't believe how hard it was for me to stay alive as a new player at first, I kept dying before i could even get a little shack built, and I kept respawning pretty far away from the last place i was, so retriving items 1/2 the time was out of the question.  most my time was spent wandering around exploring the map, and during that time I encountered my first deathworm, my dino and myself were dead rather quickly, though i remember the panic both ? I and my mates had, and the 'oh sh**!!!' that came out of everyones mouths.

Abberation i didn't get till later, but the biggest problem that I had on it was basilisks,  I kept getting killed by them over and over, but I did get a base built and had alot of fun with the one friend who joined me there. we had many simple tames and it was fun.   We did manage to get 1 reaper out of it as well. I was glad I made a new character on that map, as it really made it more challenging and it wasn't a blow through.

Ragnarok we all had fun on, we build several different bases at different locations, though it didn't have explorer notes or anything like that to unlock, the map itself had a lot to offer, including the griffons.  we didn't go for griffons, we went for wyverns, it was nice to see that the all the wyverns existed on the map, letting you get eggs for whichever one you wanted the most.  I built a giant treehouse, I really liked it, still have a backup of the server so if I wanted i can go back and play on that map again (we had our own dedicated server for most these maps)

Extinction offered its own challenges, and while attempting to tame a owl we got attacked by a mana, luckly we were in a good spot, it focused on one player who was actually tucked away inside a small hole under some metal, while we all shot tranq darts on it and we tamed our very first one.  We tamed several other critters there unique to extinction as well, gasbags, owls, and gacha.  We spend some time there building a nice base at 50/50 and built a protected 'deck' around the city transmitter.  everyone could still access the transmitter but none of the critters would get to it because of the deck, so no worries about random attacks while attempting to upload stuff.

We never played the center when it came out, we did try it once on our dedicated server, but we didn't spend much time there. One of my friends built a boxing ring there we were going to have some fun in but never got around to it.

All in all the maps have been fun, and the time spent with my friends on the servers has been very enjoyable, even with the frustrations that came along the way.  We currently are on Official servers (for over a year now) and have a main base on the Island, and a secondary main on Valguero, and outpost bases on Scorched Earth, Extinction, and Ragnarok for going to those places for resources or unique tames.

though (before my video card died) I play solo most of the time, the time I spend on there with my friends I think is one of the bonuses.  Many friends have moved on to various games, but out of 43 of my steam friends who play ark, 19 still do, others are taking a break and plan on coming back after Genesis.

I personally found my self being somewhat disappointed, but after playing a few more times, i found myself to actually like the fantasy and sci-fi elements, although i rarely actually get them since i only play single player (i am also not talking about the community or all the gamebreaking glitches the game has)

All in all, dispite the bugs, install issues, and other problems that have come our way, we still enjoy everything the game has to offer, and have found some of the tek very useful, transmitters, replicator (fast crafting), even made use of a cloner to make a couple clones of a griffon, giga and reaper.

Many things function in ARK.  Many things have annoying as hell bugs.  Most times the game runs well enough despite a massive drain on resources (which with a game of this nature, I'd somewhat expect that), but crashes and fatal errors still happen.  Just today, ARK 100% closed, no crash, no warning, just bloop:  back to the desktop.  To any who may read this and prepare a response of, "That hasn't happened to me, so you must have missed the error/close message and are mistaken," you are wrong.  It happens.  The support team has very full hands with reimbursements and enforcement investigations:  Things get done, but it can take a friggin' while.

So I'd give the working parts of the game an 9/10.  It gets ~90% because I play Official.  While the functioning parts are great, Official requires a lot of time for someone who can't play a lot.

The bugged parts, the crashes, visual glitches, lack of polish... all those aspects get a 3/10.  They don't affect gameplay 100% of the time, so it's 30% instead of lower.  Also, the effort to correct some things help to bump the broken and bugged parts up to 30% from a 10%-20% rating, too.

Customer service has waxed and waned in scope and effectiveness depending on the time I submitted the ticket and the subject matter.  I'd honestly place current customer service at 7/10, and an OVERALL rating of 6/10 for customer service.

I kinda feel like the working aspects (the 9/10 scored area) is very important.  I double-weight that and average for a total final score of roughly 6.75/10, which honestly is due to this at-the-moment appraisal of ARK.  Thinking of this game as a D+ feels... right.  ARK is a student that does its assignments with just enough to let you know it knows what its doing, but its papers are full of spelling errors, grammatical mistakes, and slight factual inaccuracies.

That is my opinion of ARK from 2015 until now.

For me the game was its peak in 2015/2016 those were the days when you had 70/70 players in each server every night, resources were a lot more scarce and harder to obtain (a full metal base actually meant something) it was before all the large OP dinos were added it was also before bloated dino levels, breeding and imprinting made dinos super tanky. The game back then was a lot more skill based, if you knew what you were doing you could do exceptionally well.

Then something happened. the developers snorted some strange substance and started adding all manner of strange creatures that didn't belong. Their whole philosophy seems to be dump dinos into the game, then release a DLC which has better dinos then the previous lot and dump those into the game. Rinse and repeat. The end result is that there maybe a tonne of creatures to pick from but very few of those are actually worth using because the game hasn't been properly balanced.

If they make an ARK 2 I think they ought to go back to basics and understand what made their game so fun to play in the early days. Things that should be looked at are tribe size balance, dino vs dino balance, resource balance, breeding balance, player vs tamed dino balance, map balance (ie Scorched Earth vs other maps). I would also look at inflation, currently there are 5 tiers - thatch, wood, stone, metal and Tek but the first 3 are basically redundant because of how easy it is to farm a metal base. If you ask me they need to make the other building tiers viable and worth using and make it so its far harder to farm for metal structures.

56 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

I was around in the begining when the island was the only map. what i found hard to grasp was the fact that out of all the creatures on the earth, the only thing they brought were prehistoric creatures.  where were all the normal wild life? why didn't we save things like cows, dogs, cats, even the normal wildlife?  why did we choose to pick something that had its chance on the planet and bring it back, let alone the most vicious ones of them all?

opps sorry I was wrong

16 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Many things function in ARK.  Many things have annoying as hell bugs.  Most times the game runs well enough despite a massive drain on resources (which with a game of this nature, I'd somewhat expect that), but crashes and fatal errors still happen.  Just today, ARK 100% closed, no crash, no warning, just bloop:  back to the desktop.  To any who may read this and prepare a response of, "That hasn't happened to me, so you must have missed the error/close message and are mistaken," you are wrong.  It happens.  The support team has very full hands with reimbursements and enforcement investigations:  Things get done, but it can take a friggin' while.

So I'd give the working parts of the game an 9/10.  It gets ~90% because I play Official.  While the functioning parts are great, Official requires a lot of time for someone who can't play a lot.

The bugged parts, the crashes, visual glitches, lack of polish... all those aspects get a 3/10.  They don't affect gameplay 100% of the time, so it's 30% instead of lower.  Also, the effort to correct some things help to bump the broken and bugged parts up to 30% from a 10%-20% rating, too.

Customer service has waxed and waned in scope and effectiveness depending on the time I submitted the ticket and the subject matter.  I'd honestly place current customer service at 7/10, and an OVERALL rating of 6/10 for customer service.

I kinda feel like the working aspects (the 9/10 scored area) is very important.  I double-weight that and average for a total final score of roughly 6.75/10, which honestly is due to this at-the-moment appraisal of ARK.  Thinking of this game as a D+ feels... right.  ARK is a student that does its assignments with just enough to let you know it knows what its doing, but its papers are full of spelling errors, grammatical mistakes, and slight factual inaccuracies.

That is my opinion of ARK from 2015 until now.

All I am going to say about this is I have never seen such a polished game in my life you are wrong about that 

For me the game was its peak in 2015/2016 those were the days when you had 70/70 players in each server every night, resources were a lot more scarce and harder to obtain (a full metal base actually meant something) it was before all the large OP dinos were added it was also before bloated dino levels, breeding and imprinting made dinos super tanky. The game back then was a lot more skill based, if you knew what you were doing you could do exceptionally well.

Then something happened. the developers snorted some strange substance and started adding all manner of strange creatures that didn't belong. Their whole philosophy seems to be dump dinos into the game, then release a DLC which has better dinos then the previous lot and dump those into the game. Rinse and repeat. The end result is that there maybe a tonne of creatures to pick from but very few of those are actually worth using because the game hasn't been properly balanced.

If they make an ARK 2 I think they ought to go back to basics and understand what made their game so fun to play in the early days. Things that should be looked at are tribe size balance, dino vs dino balance, resource balance, breeding balance, player vs tamed dino balance, map balance (ie Scorched Earth vs other maps).

In 2015/2016 it wasn’t even released 

There are no op creatures 

the creatures did belong 

the island prehistoric 

scorched mythical

aberration aliens

extinction robots and cyborgs 

1 minute ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

All I am going to say about this is I have never seen such a polished game in my life you are wrong about that 

As has been pointed out many times in various spots on the forums, and even once again other than me saying it in this very thread, this game lacks polish.  So after playing this game since 2015 and seeing bugs that exist still in the game, yes, it absolutely lacks polish.  It isn't all bad, so don't fixate on my one point to deconstruct my opinion.  I'm not changing it.  You think the game is polished.  I do not.  The end.

3 minutes ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

Not to be mean but you haven’t beaten extinction yet once you do you’ll know why

Extinction didn't exist at that time, nor any of the other DLC, so there was no clue to why that was during that time, no one had a clue, nor did I, it was part of the mystery, people were even wondering if we were placed on the ark by aliens.  That my friend way a long long time ago, and long before any dlc to explain it.

I think disappointment with the dino vs scifi aspects of the game is actually a bit of an "early access vs full release" player mentality. I started playing within a month of early access release, about a week before spinos were added to the game. The way it was then vs what it is now...practically 2 different games. But I think a large part of that is in the beginning we didn't have access to all of the game mechanics and community tools that exist now. Breeding, kibble, tek, industrial crafting stations, mutations, ascension...none of that existed in the early days. And there was no Smart Breeding or Dododex or YT guides for literally everything. All we had were some dinos, a few mammals/birds/aquatics, and the bosses. The Island wasn't even close to the map that it is now. So much has changed. I'm honestly surprised how many of us were happy playing with what we started with, looking back on it through the lens of what we have now.

I do think all of the fantasy/futuristic aspects of the game work well, but I'm also a huge fantasy nerd so I'm not put off by it. I just think because it came into the market early as the big dino game, it kind of got stuck branding itself that way and a lot of people who only wanted that aspect of the game flocked to it. When all of this other stuff came out, the people who only wanted the dinos got upset even though the signs were there from the start that it wasn't going to be just about dinos, and it's never been about realism. There just wasn't anything else competing with it at the time. I do think there is some legit criticisms about the way they handled the non-realistic animals though, and I think the first TLC patch was a good start to fixing that. But the new team likely isn't going to go back and change the original team's work now, so it seems unlikely that we'll ever get the rest of the TLCs to bring older animals in line with the newer ones, and since most of the old animals are dinos, it makes sense why they'd be outclassed when they're competing with the likes of snow owls, gachas and managarmrs. A complete overhaul of the original animals the game released with would go a long, long way here imo. One TLC simply wasn't enough.

When I first started playing players were using Stone as the currency as the Doed had not been released :D. Where the game is now is a giant leap for then. Argies were meh and now they are apex utility. Rex seems to remain the apex predator for Boss's etc. The directions Ark has gone in were all engaging at the time. Scorched earth - WEATHER! Ragnarok - WYVERNS! Aberation - QUAKES! (well may be a bit more than that;)) Extinction - BIG BOSS'S YOU CAN RIDE! I've started from scratch a lot of times and the game plateaus at the same point each time when you have high level utility tames and are able to do boss fights. For me, base building has great potential to express your play style and a reason to stay but, Homestead was a long time coming and there still is much more that could be done with structures. I'll be hitting 5k hours soon so there can't be that much wrong with it though I think the longevity for me is maintained by having breaks. 

Oddly, I think Atlas did a lot of good for Ark. Those that filled the positions of the Devs that left for Atlas injected new energy and seem closer to the players.

Speaking on topic as to how the game turned out in terms of story and lore, the game exceeded my expectations and then some. It started off more as a 'prehistoric survival game' with dinosaurs (ok I am always quick to point out it was always scifi) with a scifi background which hooked me and then expanded into more of a true sci-fi focus which ultimately made it a better deeper game. Sure with the announcement with Aberration I wasnt convinced, it looked 'too sci-fi' for my liking, but now its now my favourite DLC. I love the way its turned out. 

10 hours ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

Dont get me wrong, I love Ark and its up there  with my favourite games of all time with Pokemon, Halo etc but Ark is anything but a polished game. Its so noticeable when you go and play another game just how unpolished it is, for a multitude of reasons. Its actually so bad that I would urge caution to any friends/family who I would theoretically recommend the game too. For example I cant even play Single Player without fear of problems, particularly crashing and world save corruptions issues.

14 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

For me the game was its peak in 2015/2016 those were the days when you had 70/70 players in each server every night, resources were a lot more scarce and harder to obtain (a full metal base actually meant something) it was before all the large OP dinos were added it was also before bloated dino levels, breeding and imprinting made dinos super tanky. The game back then was a lot more skill based, if you knew what you were doing you could do exceptionally well.

If they make an ARK 2 I think they ought to go back to basics and understand what made their game so fun to play in the early days. Things that should be looked at are tribe size balance, dino vs dino balance, resource balance, breeding balance, player vs tamed dino balance, map balance (ie Scorched Earth vs other maps).

I need to say the reason it’s like 2 different games is cause it was incomplete btw I am not saying you are wrong actually I agree with you 

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Speaking on topic as to how the game turned out in terms of story and lore, the game exceeded my expectations and then some. It started off more as a 'prehistoric survival game' with dinosaurs (ok I am always quick to point out it was always scifi) with a scifi background which hooked me and then expanded into more of a true sci-fi focus which ultimately made it a better deeper game. Sure with the announcement with Aberration I wasnt convinced, it looked 'too sci-fi' for my liking, but now its now my favourite DLC. I love the way its turned out. 

Dont get me wrong, I love Ark and its up there  with my favourite games of all time with Pokemon, Halo etc but Ark is anything but a polished game. Its so noticeable when you go and play another game just how unpolished it is, for a multitude of reasons. Its actually so bad that I would urge caution to any friends/family who I would theoretically recommend the game too. For example I cant even play Single Player without fear of problems, particularly crashing and world save corruptions issues.

Actually it’s so very polished maybe a bit buggy aberration may be laggy I haven’t crashed Yet without cheating (not saying it doesnt)

I mean like so much detail every where for the story 

and how polished the rockdrake climbing is and other mechanics

6 hours ago, Cymas said:

A complete overhaul of the original animals the game released with would go a long, long way here imo. One TLC simply wasn't enough.

Just spread out the abilities that were developed one at a time for each new dino, to all the dinos that could use them. It's fine, we will all still prefer one over the other, *but all of them will have variety in what they can do*.

Examples, front-foot stomp can be applied to trikes to damage without knockback, megalosaurus pickup applied to all therapods for dinos 2 sizes smaller, thyla pounce available to sabers and thylas without having to treeclimb, the thyla/ravager gravity curve for falling applied to everything (no more space-floaty-falling). There are literally so many abilities that could be spread around to so many dinos and they all exist in game already. 

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I use SP for testing, but for practical play purposes it is totally unreliable!

Exactly. They never went back and updated most of the older animals with the newer mechanics, which is why we have quirks like ankys don't harvest autonomously, megatheriums don't gather honey like bears (debatable but I feel like they should), megalania should really have their climbing mechanics updated to be like rock drakes, etc. Just going back and updating all of the older animals would go such a long way in the current state of the game. We do all have preferences, but at the end of the day there are still a lot of animals you'll see in basically every base, because nothing else fills that niche and there are no options in a game with over 100 tameable animals. For a sandbox that can be a bit meh, especially with gachas replacing many of the more specialized harvesting animals. Making them useful in other ways would at least make them viable for fans of specific species.

2 hours ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

Actually it’s so very polished maybe a bit buggy aberration may be laggy I haven’t crashed Yet without cheating (not saying it doesnt)

I mean like so much detail every where for the story 

and how polished the rockdrake climbing is and other mechanics

Its definitely not as polished as any other game I have played recently. 

The story is a different matter, I have no problem with it.

I would disagree with how polished the rock drake climbing and glide mechanics are, sure its good most of the time but I do have issues. Saying that I do have a feeling the issues i have might be console specific.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

I use SP for testing, but for practical play purposes it is totally unreliable!

Totally, the single player aspect ought to be stable. Even the process of the game saving is too much at times and causes crashes. I am also disappointed by the lack of server options available on single player too. 

45 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Its definitely not as polished as any other game I have played recently. 

The story is a different matter, I have no problem with it.

I would disagree with how polished the rock drake climbing and glide mechanics are, sure its good most of the time but I do have issues. Saying that I do have a feeling the issues i have might be console specific.

Totally, the single player aspect ought to be stable. Even the process of the game saving is too much at times and causes crashes. I am also disappointed by the lack of server options available on single player too. 

I have never seen such a smooth animation the rock drake climbing is insane when I first saw it it blew my mind even now I have never seen such a smooth animation I play pc tho

Archived