What’s the best way to get polymer? Need help!

BobbyDude22

Killing Crabs on Aberration will give you loads of organic polymer. If you use a high melee, organic poly specialty Moschops you'll get even more. The trick is to whistle the Moschop to harvest the corpse. It's efficiency, if ridden, is extremely nerfed.

Mantis' and Penguins are ok options for organic polymer.

If you're looking for hard poly then the highest concentrations I seen are either Ragnarok at the desert metal spot and obsidian island in the south or The Island at metal/obsidian mountain. 

Ragnarok has easier access to cementing paste than the island so that would probably be your best map.

Finally, the corrupted nodules you get from killing corrupt creatures on Extinction act as organic polymer so running a yellow or red drop with a decent Giga will give you a lot of those too.

Edit: For obsidian deposits, go to the ark wiki. Type in the name of or click the map you want to use. Find the strategic resources map and you can filter it to show you where the obsidian is.

26 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I believe the latest crazy is using dunks to farm obsidian deep in the oceans.  It's plentiful and they can have some serious weight.

Yeah that's what I was going to say. Dunkys get an absolutely absurd amount of obsidian, and the nodes are really close together. I just bring a weight Mosa with me and cryo the dunky to get it to the location. 

15 minutes ago, TonyTempah said:

Didn't see mention of Valguero so, keep an eye out for beached Dolphin looking creatures. Chainsaw them for a decent amount of Organic Poly.

That's how I get my organic polymer, too. Those cadavers are not regular death ceatures, they are more like resource nodes which do not despawn. They can be found at all sand beaches.

Archived