Safe Travel

PonyoCat

Safe Travel

Please help. I want to travel to the snow biome and then the mountain. What is the best route to take and what resources will I need for the journey and when I get there. Also which dinos are best to travel with.

At the moment I have a pteranodon (but that can’t hold much weight) , 2 parasaurs (have very low melee), a Carbonemys (very slow), phiomia (low melee) and a dilo (I cant ride that).

I am open to suggestions of what dink’s to tame to help me.

Guessing you're on the island?

From what you've posted I'd stay out of the snow for now as all the tames you have will get killed (ptera will be OK as long as you keep an eye on stam, don't sprint and pick your places to land)

I'd tame an argent first before going into the snow (that's if you're high enough level to make the saddle) got decent hp and also heals whenever you kill something, plus you can level them up to very good weight & melee

An argent is your best bet. It can hold a lot of weight and gets a weight reduction on resources if you plant to mine at the mountain but. Its not too hard to tame a couple shots to the head with a crossbow will get a good level down. A procoptdon is extensively fast and holds good weight too but is a trickier tame (and can keep you warm in its pouch if you're about to freeze). When in the snow you'll need fur armor, but hide and a torch can let you survive there for a short time to hunt the dinos there for fur.

i'd agree, argent would be best bet for safest travel for a new player on the island, quick tame and sense you already have a ptera, you could make a argy trap to pull the argy into with ptera, flying out the back with ptera and the argy not being able to (ptera can fly between 2 pillars side by side, argy can't)

i usually make 1 such trap and use it as a multi-purpose one.  1 dino gate, 18 stone doorways, 8 stone ceilings and floors, 8 pillars. 2x4 pen with dino gate on one side, stone doorways on the sides, pillars up at the back with 2 doorways at the bottom.  allows me to pull argy into pin, fly out back land, run around and close the door.  I've used the same pen to tame anky's doedics, and sabers as well.

3 hours ago, PonyoCat said:

Thank you for all your quick replies.  I will probably take your advice and get an argent. Where can I find them on the island  and what do they eat?

Also what level does their saddle unlock and how can I uplevel faster.

Thank you again.

The easiest spot is probably the area is probably on the west coast, just fly up north along the coast until you reach the border of the snow biome. Most mountians have lots of argents but the one to the north east is probably the easiest, as its right near the beach. They'll eat meat, try to get some prime meat for taming, diplodocus are peaceful and can be killed for some prime. 

6 hours ago, PonyoCat said:

Thank you for all your quick replies.  I will probably take your advice and get an argent. Where can I find them on the island  and what do they eat?

Thank you again.

Fly around on ur ptera, grab explorer notes (google them) 

Always a good idea to build an argy trap.  Real easy one just make a basic storage barn (say 3x2 with a dino gate one side and doorframes (no doors attached) on other side it will have a roof on it. You can fly ur ptera in, lure in argy then barrel roll out the doorless doorframes to go and trap argy inside for safe easy taming 

10 hours ago, PonyoCat said:

Thank you again.

rafts and large crop plots level you up pretty fast IF you have the materials to craft them with, the simplest thing to get alot of with the dino's you have is narco berries during 2x, get some stacks of meat, "Split ALL" in the inventory so they are a single meat and wait for them to expire, then craft lots of narcotic in your mortars (best to do it with several so you can do it fast and keep collecting narcoberries to make more).  with xp boosts from explorer notes that will level you up pretty fast if you lack the materials for large crop plots and rafts.

the other plus side is, there's always a use for narco, rafts, a couple can be useful but they count as dino's so your just going to be placing and destroying, getting nothing back.  Large crop plots are always useful as well, and can be stored up but they can weigh you down pretty quick, again using lots of resources, and getting less then 1/2 back when destroying them.

Safe travel in this game is flying. Flying is mostly just stamina management as other flyers aggro range is not very big. Another safe travel is that dieing in that game means nothing so if you go and travel without anything valuable then who cares if travel is ending with death as you can respawn and recraft your stuff.

Archived