New Tame Cryopod Extra Levels

DarthPogo

New Tame Cryopod Extra Levels

Since making Cryopods in drops, I’ve noticed a new quirk:

1) Tame a dino, it gets the additional levels from taming as usual 

2) Cryopod it before doing anything else

3) Take it back to base and unfreeze it

4) Get the additional taming levels *on top* of the ones Dino already received 

This has been happening every time on my XBox, not sure if it’s the case on PC.

Ran a test on my PS4 single player;

I crafted the cryopods in a drop.

I used a different cryopod for each tame.

I kibble tamed each tame with max effectiveness.

Tame 1, level 15 Parasaur. Tamed to level 22. I cryo'd and immediately threw out. No change.

Tame 2, level 55 Anky. Tamed to level 82. I cryo'd and waited 5 minutes then threw back out. No change.

Tame 3, level 100 Doedic. Tamed to level 149. I cryo'd and waited 10 minutes then threw back out. No change.

Tame 4, level 150 Parasaur. Tamed to level 224. I cryo'd and waited 15 minutes then threw back out. No change.

As OP stated. I did nothing else between dino taming and myself cryoing the dino.

So the results aren't able to be duplicated in my environment which is;

Valguero map. 10x taming. Extraordinary kibble. PS4. 

46 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Ran a test on my PS4 single player;

I crafted the cryopods in a drop.

I used a different cryopod for each tame.

I kibble tamed each tame with max effectiveness.

Tame 1, level 15 Parasaur. Tamed to level 22. I cryo'd and immediately threw out. No change.

Tame 2, level 55 Anky. Tamed to level 82. I cryo'd and waited 5 minutes then threw back out. No change.

Tame 3, level 100 Doedic. Tamed to level 149. I cryo'd and waited 10 minutes then threw back out. No change.

Tame 4, level 150 Parasaur. Tamed to level 224. I cryo'd and waited 15 minutes then threw back out. No change.

As OP stated. I did nothing else between dino taming and myself cryoing the dino.

So the results aren't able to be duplicated in my environment which is;

Valguero map. 10x taming. Extraordinary kibble. PS4. 

Wonder if it’s map specific... care to try another experiment?  Go to Ragnarok, tame up a dino, freeze it — then take it to The Island before unfreezing.  It’s worked this way twice on my XBox.

And thanks for the tests you already did!  Wish a vendor I’m working with right now was that diligent.

...are you sure you arent just gaining the levels from it being stored? Cryod dinos gain passive exp at the same rate as dinos not in cryo. The difference is uncryod dinos only gain passive exp when a player is in render. While cryopodded gain passive exp the whole time they were in (calculated after throw out)

edit: What type of server are you playing ? Official / Unofficial / Single player? If anything other than official; Whats your passive exp gain rate at? Whats your taming affinity at? 

26 minutes ago, d1nk said:

...are you sure you arent just gaining the levels from it being stored? Cryod dinos gain passive exp at the same rate as dinos not in cryo. The difference is uncryod dinos only gain passive exp when a player is in render. While cryopodded gain passive exp the whole time they were in (calculated after throw out)

edit: What type of server are you playing ? Official / Unofficial / Single player? If anything other than official; Whats your passive exp gain rate at? Whats your taming affinity at? 

No, it’s not passive — they’re tamed, frozen, flown across the river to the green obelisk, loaded to it, then my survivor.  I go to main menu, choose Island, hop out of the bed by red obelisk, grab em and fly to base straddling the waterfall.  They’re frozen for no more than ten minutes.

Single player XBox, some bumps but nothing to account for additional 40 some more levels since a few minutes before.  And doesn’t happen with my older tames, just the new, freshly tamed.

8 hours ago, DarthPogo said:

Yep, exactly.  I have a wonderfully ridiculous Argie and Griffin now.  Suspect this will be nerfed soon.

Are these levels you give to the dino in what stats you want or is it the 'tamed' level of the dino?

when you cryo dinos, and carry them around with you while you are doing things, they earn experience just like any other dino does out of cryo (short of those getting xp for kills).

if its the tamed level happening, not earned levels, i've transfered dino's between the island, extinction, and scorched earth on the pc with no change to their tamed level.

@DarthPogo

I conducted the test as you stated.

Created two cryos in a drop on Ragnarok.

tamed a level 20 parasaur to level 29, immediate cryo.

tamed a level 95 Ptera to level 142, immediate cryo

Uploaded the cryos at blue ob on rag

Transferred my character to island

Downloaded the cryopods at red ob on the island

Threw out the ptera, it was still 142, same stats

Threw out the Parasaur, it was still level 29, same stats.

My parameters; Single Player, 10x taming, extraordinary kibble, PS4

Sounds like an xbox specific bug. 

4 hours ago, DarthPogo said:

No, it’s not passive — they’re tamed, frozen, flown across the river to the green obelisk, loaded to it, then my survivor.  I go to main menu, choose Island, hop out of the bed by red obelisk, grab em and fly to base straddling the waterfall.  They’re frozen for no more than ten minutes.

Single player XBox, some bumps but nothing to account for additional 40 some more levels since a few minutes before.  And doesn’t happen with my older tames, just the new, freshly tamed.

4 hours ago, DarthPogo said:

Strange. I cant think of any reason why they would do this unless SP cloud storage is borked. Ive used cryopods in SP across servers before no problems. (I also play Xbox)

Have you touched Taming Affinity? Are the setups different on Island than Rag?  Try this: Transfer it back to Rag, check if levels are still there. If they are; transfer again maybe youll stack the levels again. Also maybe try spawning in a regular cryo and see if it has the same effect.

After thats sorted it should be properly reported if it is indeed a bug. If so, good find! 

Edit: Dunno why it double quoted

48 minutes ago, DarthPogo said:

Confirmed:

* Rex kept all levels.

* Tamed 140 otter to 200, froze, took to Island from Rag, got 42 additional levels to spend.

I have never heard of this bug. Ive been around since launch and am very active on all ARK media. Thats a new one for me! 

You have a valid bug I think.. best to report it via function. Ill link some devs to see if they will chime in on it aswell.

@Cedric @lilpanda

1 hour ago, DarthPogo said:

Confirmed:

* Rex kept all levels.

* Tamed 140 otter to 200, froze, took to Island from Rag, got 42 additional levels to spend.

If you actually have to spend them, I wonder if perhaps the two servers have different times somehow. I'm thinking along the lines of transferring across servers making the tame appear to have been in the pod much longer than it really has. Then again, that wouldn't explain why it doesn't happen for everything you transfer in a pod, unless they have separate code for that for each species.

On 10/4/2019 at 12:11 PM, d1nk said:

I have never heard of this bug. Ive been around since launch and am very active on all ARK media. Thats a new one for me! 

You have a valid bug I think.. best to report it via function. Ill link some devs to see if they will chime in on it aswell.

@Cedric @lilpanda

Just noticed that it’s suspiciously *exactly* 42 levels.  I’ve not yet tried with a low-level tame, but did spot a pretty Yuty lass on my way back from Rag’s desert biome; she wasn’t high level and I do want to start a special egg farm...

On 10/4/2019 at 12:24 PM, Uueerdo said:

If you actually have to spend them, I wonder if perhaps the two servers have different times somehow. I'm thinking along the lines of transferring across servers making the tame appear to have been in the pod much longer than it really has. Then again, that wouldn't explain why it doesn't happen for everything you transfer in a pod, unless they have separate code for that for each species.

Makes sense that the timing is off.  See my other reply: at least on all the games so far it’s *exactly* 42 levels, so do need to try a low level tame.

27 minutes ago, DarthPogo said:

Honestly, I would much prefer devs spend time making mods accessible to us console folks, rather than closing one of the very few bonuses we have.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that; the few times consoles actually allow mods on their platforms, it makes headlines. Even then, those mod systems end up being heavily "curated" by the publisher/dev or console itself; which when you think about it is about where we are now with Ragnarok, The Center, and Valguero. You guys do have access to all 3 now, right?

A free for all mod system, like Steam or Nexus provide, is just too unsecure for the comfort of console manufacturers and probably many console players.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:38 PM, Uueerdo said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that; the few times consoles actually allow mods on their platforms, it makes headlines. Even then, those mod systems end up being heavily "curated" by the publisher/dev or console itself; which when you think about it is about where we are now with Ragnarok, The Center, and Valguero. You guys do have access to all 3 now, right?

A free for all mod system, like Steam or Nexus provide, is just too unsecure for the comfort of console manufacturers and probably many console players.

Yep, we have all three.  And you’re right about heavily curated; we have a very few pieces of Structures Plus, but it’s almost nothing.

i wouldn’t want a free for all, but nothing isn’t the right solution.

• 2 months later...

Testes on Xbox Official PvE Servers, this does not happen, tested with easy kibbled parasaurs all 150(because there easy as heck to find nowadays)(except Scorched, I did a morallatops), and had no changes on levels after replicating, even went to SP and test forcetames, and Insta kibbled settings, nether worked.

Archived