Please Help.. ?? No Servers Found.

Oyen11

Please Help.. ?? No Servers Found.

This past weekend I had a windows update. Ever since, I updated windows this past weekend I can not log onto ark.  I am paying for a private server and would really like to play... lol...  I contacted steam support, they are worthless... I contacted the support here, but got more of a generic response....

I exceed game requirements. I have Norton AntiVirus

Issue: game launches, but no official servers are shown and only one unofficial server and it is an old build 298 (no decimals), and a large amount of non dedicated servers .

What I have done: 

Verified Integrity of files

Cleared Steam download cache/flush config

Uninstalled and reinstalled ark

uninstalled and reinstalled both ark (again) and steam

• Delete your LocalProfiles folder (\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles)
  • Verify ARK through Steam (Instructions)
  • Try ARK again
  • Power off both your modem and router for at least 30 seconds
  • Plug in the router first
  • Plug in the modem next (some modems must have a valid connection to initialize while booting)
  • Restart your computer and try ARK again
  • Open an elevated command prompt (Start > Cmd > Right click > Run as administrator)
  • Enter "netsh winsock reset" without quotes
  • Restart your computer and try ARK again
  • Update your network adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website (i.e. Intel, Realtek, Killer)
  • Restart your computer and try ARK once again
  • Unsubscribe from all your ARK mods at
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/YOUR_ID/myworkshopfiles/?appid=346110&browsefilter=mysubscriptions (Feel free to favorite them to keep them in a list)

• Delete your \steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods folder
  • Delete your \steamapps\workshop\content\346110 folder
  • Use the launch option "Launch ARK (Reset Total Conversion)"
  • Turned off all Norton "Autos" and relaunched game... no change

I know I have tried other things too... I am tired and frustrated and hoping someone has had this same issue and has a solution....  I am not awesome with computers ... all I would like to do is play Ark.... thank you in advance for your time. I appreciate it.....

Trisha

I am currently having the same problems you are. Went through the same steps as you did and still nothing. There were files i found that failed to validate. Steam downloaded them and they validated, but still no luck. Made sure my firewall wasn't stopping anything. When I try to join a server through steam. I just get Unable To Query Server. Tried at least 10 random servers and was unable to join any of them, with that message prompting.

Three things to try...

1. Make sure your server has the same major number as your client.
Both server and client should be version 298.xx right now (28th September 2019).

2. Open a windows command prompt "as administrator"  and enter    sfc /scannow
That will scan your windows installation for corrupt system files.
If sfc says it found errors but can't fix them, then enter    dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Use the Steam workshops to unsubscribe from any mods that you have (don't delete them manually), then try joining the server again. 
If the server needs any mods then they should be reinstalled for you.

Let us know how you get on.

2) says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation"

--------

A few days ago I had one that was 298 with no decimals.. now one that says 298.41... now something new just happened... when searching for unofficial servers.... the below happens after a few minutes.

Fatal error!

VERSION: 298.41 
steamclient64.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fffcf6a3379) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
steamclient64.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fffcf6a6605) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
steamclient64.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fffcf6a328e) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
steamclient64.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fffcfbdee2c) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
steam_api64.dll!UnknownFunction (0x0000000057de56c4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineAsyncTaskManagerSteam::OnlineTick() (0x00007ff69de4bf79) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemsteam\private\onlineasynctaskmanagersteam.cpp:130]
ShooterGame.exe!FOnlineAsyncTaskManager::Run() (0x00007ff69cc34b99) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystem\private\onlineasynctaskmanager.cpp:65]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() (0x00007ff69c6fc6a6) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() (0x00007ff69c6fc568) + 8 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff83db27bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff83e1acee1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff83e1acee1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Crash in runnable thread OnlineAsyncTaskThreadSteam

I have ping set to 250 also..... due to trouble shooting earlier...  

--------------------------------------------------

4:15 pm:    apparently I can not post more today... so I will keep adding to this...

Device manager looked good. Also it would crash after searching for unofficials after about 3 minutes.

IMG_2670.jpg

I ran a scan and it found errors. Cleaned it up. I am currently not subscribed to any mods. When i tried searching for servers, it instantly said there was none. Usually it sits for like 5 minutes while trying to search. Now it doesn't.

I also doesn't show any errors in Device Manager. 

When I tried opening steam, it won't connect. As if my internet is down, but everything else is working fine.

When i go into steam > servers and view a server listed, it says Server is not responding. It says this to every single on that has a player in it.

At one point yesterday i was able to join 1 server that managed to pop up:

Grimlock TheIsland PVE X3(S+) Cluster Esp/Eng - (v298.41)

I had no issues playing around on the server for about 10 minutes. Then I left and tried looking for servers again and found nothing. I turned off my firewall and still no luck. And apparently my wife is having the same issue as well. She is unable to find anything.

Been awhile.. I still only see a couple old "unofficial" servers... I was able to successfully log onto my husbands computer with my steam account after resubscribing to the 4 mods I run on my server.....   however I still can not get onto servers on my computer.... :(

Anyone have any other ideas? 

It is like steam thinks I am up to date but I am not... which is why I thought uninstall and re-download would work,.. but it didn't.

If i refresh for like 5-10 minutes, a server or two will eventually pop up. As long as it has little to no mods, I will be able to join it without problems. If there are too many mods, it times out while trying to download them all and then I lost the server.

I did find a server called LOST for the map Valguero, eventually. I was on it for 4 hours with no issues. Tried to just stay on the server while I was at work but got kicked out, probably due to server maintenance or saves. The next day, I sat at my computer trying to reconnect to that server, through the steams servers, for about 40 minutes. I eventually got through and was able to continue my game. But I don't want to have to go through that every time I want to play the game. I am still confused on this.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So it is months later but I fixed it today!! My issues happened after upgrading to Windows 10. I redownloaded my Killer Wireless Driver and turned off an automatic throttle that was turned on after my windows 10 update. Everything now works!!! Took less than 5 minutes.... I have wasted so much time......  if anyone is still struggling after windows 10 install... try to redownload your wireless driver and also see if there is a throttle being applied to your network. Hope this helps someone!!

Archived