Mysterious MYSTERIES: LAG (**SOLVED!**)

BERSERK3R

Mysterious MYSTERIES: LAG (**SOLVED!**) (EDIT THIS IS NOT MY BASE)

Super Mysterious Mysteries:

Extreme lag and EXTREME performance problems.

Dear Wildcard, I know programming is super hard for r3/\lZzzz, but maybe this visualisation helps, in the aid of "processing logic"....and actually give at least ONE poop ABOUT THE COMMUNITY?

Also i know people NEEEEEEED 300 tames, any less is just litterally unplayable, i mean 300 is basically 1....
You know you make a great game, when you have 5 FPS in a "regular base with unlimited tames".

Its like a sports car, who needs a fast car, as long as it looks cool right? - "wildcard priorities".

Proove me wrong :D

20190926201242_1.jpg

i think the thing i find most annoying with the loading glitches, is when you fast travel / teleport, and everything around you except the doors/floor/bed/tp of the room your in loads, your stuck their floating because you can't open the door that wouldn't load, and you can't fast travel back / teleport out, because the bed/teleport didn't load, and the only way to resolve it, reloading.

luckly most the teleports i travel to are outside, and or big enough area for a bird to fit in, so i just teleport, bounce on a invisible floor call my bird to follow, and hop on it, oh and then bingo, the floor I was standing on loads in.

3 hours ago, Rancor said:

Why are most of those not in their cryos O.o 

Probably a breeder.

Imagine having to wait out cryosickness or the timer every time you want to breed them. 

For the OP. It's a pain and Mana's are near the top of the list for adding lag, my guess is combo of lights and tail movement plus size really enhances that, but if people want to get those OP dino's in a decent time frame, this is the way they do it. They breed 300 at a time so their chance at a mutation sooner is  better. 

On 9/26/2019 at 9:39 PM, Lycan187u said:

Pc has a 500 Dino limit per tribe♡.♡ I would  run 70 fps in that base np xD consoles are just potatoes....

This is Pc btw....
You are talking poop.

- You say: its Console, 70 fps INSIDE, and you dont even mention the map....

1) Its not my base, and im OUTSIDE

2) Try loading these bases constantly while traveling or in BETWEEN

3) Extinction has a much heavier load on itself, so any extra bases and dino's ..you do the math.

19 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Probably a breeder.

Imagine having to wait out cryosickness or the timer every time you want to breed them. 

For the OP. It's a pain and Mana's are near the top of the list for adding lag, my guess is combo of lights and tail movement plus size really enhances that, but if people want to get those OP dino's in a decent time frame, this is the way they do it. They breed 300 at a time so their chance at a mutation sooner is  better. 

Thanks very good point.
I remember performance was like this BEFORE the kibble update, the implementation of 300 limit or 500 didnt do much.
There needs to be much much more limitations not only max tames, but also structure radius.

Also good point about the tails, its true.
Wildcard needs to implement a "reduce animation quality" in a much shorter range (or even optional for clients).
EVERY dino is rendered, eventhough they can not be seen...its retarded.

The extinction map, hardly runs decent with the events and Wild AI.
Then to add, tames and structures....its unbelevable there's hardly any limit to this ot this day.

36 minutes ago, BERSERK3R said:

This is Pc btw....
You are talking poop.

- You say: its Console, 70 fps INSIDE, and you dont even mention the map....

1) Its not my base, and im OUTSIDE

2) Try loading these bases constantly while traveling or in BETWEEN

3) Extinction has a much heavier load on itself, so any extra bases and dino's ..you do the math.

I'm running 120fps on the norm ? on PC....saved 2 years spent 1600$$ on this PC lol was tired of playing on potatoes ? im sorry at 54fps and I have about 200 dinos in the base atm running on epic ^^ I thought ypu were on a console I misunderstood

20DF68A947D190F7649A477139EB92DF01FAB768

On 9/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Probably a breeder.

Makes sense, but living in a smaller base we usually toss the breeders out early morning and breed them when un torpored. Manas are laggy af. 

More than likely a breeder. Clearly he’s got them organized out to see make it easier to go between them to see the babies. Not to mention I can’t tell if the base isnt rendering or he has them floating. If he has them floating that’s more of a reason why he doesn’t have them in cryo .

Unfortunately the lagginess of tek structures combined with the particle effects and movements of the manas makes for bad times for your frame rate. We have a completely empty building on our Extinction. Hollow on the inside, no creatures in it. It drops my normal 60-80 frames to 2 frames. Manas are only adding to the issue here. 

btw: What's the game-mechanic purpose of cryo-sickness, please? I don't know this.

Ok, it's totaly unrealistic that dinos can be turned in and out to pocket devices, but if it's the only way to reduce lag, I'm ok with this. But isn't the cryo-sickness contraproductive to the goal to reduce lag with cryo-tech?

And why doesn't Wildcard consequently go ahead this road? Seems so 5% more passive XP isn't enough motivation for players to store their 500 dinos in cryo-fridges. There should be harsh punishments for those with a "Castle Laghell", e.g. exponentially growing food consumption for dinos outside of cryo-fridges or something like that.

13 minutes ago, Zapha said:

btw: What's the game-mechanic purpose of cryo-sickness, please? I don't know this.

Ok, it's totaly unrealistic that dinos can be turned in and out to pocket devices, but if it's the only way to reduce lag, I'm ok with this. But isn't the cryo-sickness contraproductive to the goal to reduce lag with cryo-tech?

And why doesn't Wildcard consequently go ahead this road? Seems so 5% more passive XP isn't enough motivation for players to store their 500 dinos in cryo-fridges. There should be harsh punishments for those with a "Castle Laghell", e.g. exponentially growing food consumption for dinos outside of cryo-fridges or something like that.

Cryosickness is an attempt to balance cryopods for PvP. So that someone can't just fly above a base in a griffin and toss out 100 Golems and Turtles at once, or whatever else, to soak turrets or toss the same under a crouch point for easy cave soak.

Edit: It is on the QoL list @complexminded updates to discuss turning it off for PvE or adding an ini file to do so for unofficials. So that's positive. I also hope they add it as an option for single player too.

6 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Cryosickness is an attempt to balance cryopods for PvP. So that someone can't just fly above a base in a griffin and toss out 100 Golems and Turtles at once, or whatever else, to soak turrets or toss the same under a crouch point for easy cave soak.

Edit: It is on the QoL list @complexminded updates to discuss turning it off for PvE or adding an ini file to do so for unofficials. So that's positive. I also hope they add it as an option for single player too.

Ok, so it's an PvP issue. Why do we PvE players must have that too?

Or, to go deeper: Why are there cryopods?  Isn't cryo-fridge enough? Means: you have to be near the cryo-fridge to put dinos in and out.

27 minutes ago, Zapha said:

Ok, so it's an PvP issue. Why do we PvE players must have that too?

Or, to go deeper: Why are there cryopods?  Isn't cryo-fridge enough? Means: you have to be near the cryo-fridge to put dinos in and out.

That's something that may be explained in detail in the dev kit as to how it works. 

Cryopods are great though. Easy mass transportation of dinos. 

For PvP, it's additional loot instead of heavy eggs plus has practical PvP capabilities (pocket Giga is hilarious as well as the counter which is pocket Kentro. Lol)

Cryo's are a beautiful concept, with or without cryosickness. If they decide to turn that off for PvE, even better and the best people will adjust their breeding to match but as @Sideswipe said, if they have the Mana's floating (so babies fall to the ground for easier claiming) removal of cryosickness won't change that base set up. 

3 hours ago, Sideswipe said:

More than likely a breeder. Clearly he’s got them organized out to see make it easier to go between them to see the babies. Not to mention I can’t tell if the base isnt rendering or he has them floating. If he has them floating that’s more of a reason why he doesn’t have them in cryo .

Unfortunately the lagginess of tek structures combined with the particle effects and movements of the manas makes for bad times for your frame rate. We have a completely empty building on our Extinction. Hollow on the inside, no creatures in it. It drops my normal 60-80 frames to 2 frames. Manas are only adding to the issue here. 

Yes, the building didnt load.
I flew next to another base LOADED with gigas, just like this, but that "hardly" had any impact on performance.
So there's clearly a huge performance issue related to Mana's.

Funny how the community figure it out, while wildcard doesnt give a poop and focusses on more content instead (season 2....).

Archived