Idea to stop dinosaurs theft in pve

Sparksharkstar

Suggestion

Idea to stop dinosaurs theft

Idea to stop dinosaurs theft in pve

Hey ark players, I have an idea that will end dinosaurs theft. 

1. only tribe owners can transfer dinosaurs/cryopods or drop cryopods ( drop not open aka summon ) 

2. Set a personal code on cryopods, only the tribe leader knows it, and its activates when someone leaves tribe with the cryopods they marked stolen and cryopods color changes to red and it will seals the cryopods from been thrown or given to another player or to be transfered. 

3. The player with stolen cryopods will have his red arrow shown on the map and when u hover over it,  it will show his char and his ps4 or Xbox. 

4. If the player the stole the cryopods dies, the cryopods will be teleported to the tribe leader inventory, or to be teleported to a Cryofridge that the tribe leader last build. 

5. Even if the red cryopods decays it will be sent to teleported to a Cryofridge that the tribe leader last build, or to the tribe leader inventory. 

6. Its to stop people from entering a tribe and cryopod every dinosaurs they see and transfer out of the map, it is to stop dinosaurs theft and insiders

16 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Why would you want to stop cryo pods from being stolen? If you dont like it play single playet where they are safe. Its a great mechanic in pvp and makes using them a tough descion use dinos as defense or hide them to reduce your profile, in pve just like blueprints and the like they should be locked away cause living in a non violent neighborhood doesn't mean your not living next to a criminal.

Sounds like the OP has been insided, not raided. 

4 hours ago, Sparksharkstar said:

Hey ark players, I have an idea that will end dinosaurs theft. 

1. only tribe owners can transfer dinosaurs/cryopods or drop cryopods ( drop not open aka summon ) 

2. Set a personal code on cryopods, only the tribe leader knows it, and its activates when someone leaves tribe with the cryopods they marked stolen and cryopods color changes to red and it will seals the cryopods from been thrown or given to another player or to be transfered. 

3. The player with stolen cryopods will have his red arrow shown on the map and when u hover over it,  it will show his char and his ps4 or Xbox. 

4. If the player the stole the cryopods dies, the cryopods will be teleported to the tribe leader inventory, or to be teleported to a Cryofridge that the tribe leader last build. 

5. Even if the red cryopods decays it will be sent to teleported to a Cryofridge that the tribe leader last build, or to the tribe leader inventory. 

Sounds like this will be easy to implement. I rank it on the same scale as fixing meshing.

7 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

They shouldn't be able to be accessed, but sometimes people cheat or hack. 

ah good, was worried there for a few that they might be accessible like tek storage.  I pin coded every tek storage with a different pin so that if someone does figure out one, they won't have the pins for the other ones, was thinking I may have to do the same with the cryofridges

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

ah good, was worried there for a few that they might be accessible like tek storage.  I pin coded every tek storage with a different pin so that if someone does figure out one, they won't have the pins for the other ones, was thinking I may have to do the same with the cryofridges

That is a good idea, I still worry about people being able to hack pins though. I am a solo player really, but I do have 1 tribe mate in each tribe that dont play on that server so that if something happens they can help (if I need someone to log in to refresh timers, or if I get kicked from the tribe somehow)

9 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

That is a good idea, I still worry about people being able to hack pins though. I am a solo player really, but I do have 1 tribe mate in each tribe that dont play on that server so that if something happens they can help (if I need someone to log in to refresh timers, or if I get kicked from the tribe somehow)

well thankfully there is a timer between pin attempts else im sure alot more people would be doing it then the ones that already do.  i just figured if someones going to get to my tek storage, i might as well make it as difficult as possible to rob.

having a tribe member on each server is a plus, im solo most the time myself, but having the tribe members (have 2 myself) who can jump on and do something when i'm unable is def. a plus.

9 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

The only time stolen pods shouldn't be a thing is PVE. In PVP it is 100% in the rules. It's like raiding blue prints.

I dont agree with this. This is what gives PvE the softie attitude we get labeled with. (Barring glitches) I dont feel cryopods should be given any extra mechanic to not be stolen on PvE. Same with gear, you die with it, its fair game. It's still a survival game not Sims.

Pincode them. Throw an extra room around cryofridges. Wildcard could introduce the Lock mechanic that can be accessed on unofficials. This would solve everything. If you die in the world, carrying cryopods and someone loots them? Your fault.

5 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I dont agree with this. This is what gives PvE the softie attitude we get labeled with. (Barring glitches) I dont feel cryopods should be given any extra mechanic to not be stolen on PvE. Same with gear, you die with it, its fair game. It's still a survival game not Sims.

Pincode them. Throw an extra room around cryofridges. Wildcard could introduce the Lock mechanic that can be accessed on unofficials. This would solve everything. If you die in the world, carrying cryopods and someone loots them? Your fault.

I meant like people breaking in and stealing them out of your base. If someone finds your dead body and takes your stuff it is rude but not against the rules on PVE. I always put podded animals in my mount just in case.

Why would you want to stop cryo pods from being stolen? If you dont like it play single playet where they are safe. Its a great mechanic in pvp and makes using them a tough descion use dinos as defense or hide them to reduce your profile, in pve just like blueprints and the like they should be locked away cause living in a non violent neighborhood doesn't mean your not living next to a criminal.

Archived