Listen to your community, Wildcard!

jamescoolcrafter15

It seems Wildcard doesn't listen the the community... at all! You add in a new voting system yes you have barely replied to any large voted on posts let alone considered them! Yes, I'm telling the truth, you don't listen to your community, and I'm posting several examples to prove it!

Starting off, the second most popular post on the suggestions page (158 votes) has no reply from the moderators. Not even a "We'll consider this!" or a "Unfortunately, we will not be adding this.". Nothing, no reply, nothing, probably not coming. I thought the voting system was to see which posts got most liked by the community (and you would consider them)? Or did you just stop checking the suggestions?

The third most popular post on the suggestions page (134 votes) has no reply from the moderators. Not even a "We'll consider this!" or a "Unfortunately, we will not be adding this.". Nothing, no reply, nothing, probably not coming. I thought the voting system was to see which posts got most liked by the community (and you would consider them)? Or did you just stop checking the suggestions?

Seeing the point of the suggestion which is to make Griffins and Wyverns breedable and have a saddle which Wildcard purposely didn't add this probably is never coming.

Oh boy, now here we have the elephant in the room. The fourth most popular post on the suggestions page (128) votes which we have clear confirmation is not coming. I thought the voting system was to see which posts got most liked by the community? Welp, it seems like they don't want to listen to one of the most suggested features by the community and are just going to not add this one. It really gets frustrating when they making a voting system to see which features are liked the most and then straight up say they aren't adding one of the most voted upon suggestions!

User @UDGxKnight commented "They already confirmed they have no plans to do this because they feel that Scorched Earth is already complete story wise. Rockwell and Helena didn't have to ascend so why should we?" to which Lead Community Manager @Cedric replied to that saying "This is correct.".

This is confirmation that they aren't adding one of the most suggested upon features.

A while later, Lead Community Manager @Cedric again commented, this time saying "While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S. Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content."

Now, Cedric, you do realize that you can split your workers at Wildcard up into different groups or teams, right? Send a bit of people to work on the cinematic for S.E. and then the rest to work on content, but no, I guess that's never going to happen. 

There are no more comments from a moderator so I guess this isn't going to get added.

This post has 101 votes, 139 replies and and 6 pages, yet no comments from Wildcard. Like the other posts, this probably isn't going to be added, and the servers probably aren't going to betting wiped.

Procrastinating

Wildcard procrastinates a lot. Wildcard have confirmed features to come to the game YEARS ago and yet they still haven't been added and probably will never come.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features

This Gamepedia  page shows all of the features Wildcard has confirmed are coming to the game. They have confirmed these features YEARS ago and we're safe assume these features are never coming. A lot of these features confirmed are also really small like a new mechanic or a new item or structure, which could slowly add more variety to the game, but now they've just straight up announced ARK: Genesis instead of adding the features they were supposed to years ago.

The Community

I'm not the only one who does not like Wildcard that much. Below are a list of links where people express there opinions about Wildcard. As you can see, not everyone likes your game, and you need to take your fans feedback into consideration or else your game is going to die out very quickly. I'll also show the likes on the videos so you know how many people agree with those rants. Also, if any moderator that works with Wildcard sees this, then I recommend you to look at all of the links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUDLbxreU6I

A rant about ARK. Mostly the toxicity of the servers, with about in there about the devs not doing anything about this. 56 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAq7CYOJFCs

A rant directed toward Wildcard and them not fixing the game. 252 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDucBzkX0wE&t=526s

A rant where the video is directed towards Wildcard to see. 2117 k likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMGTwnFgTI

A rant about the game. 55 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URYCvavdoe4&t=8s

A video specifically meant for you guys to see. 3226 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYZDl9MYqIY&t=1s

This youtuber specifically calls you "The Worst Game Studio of 2019". 3635 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2-OhnobC0&t=1s

This is a quite popular video. The youtuber in the video goes far enough to call you guys a joke. 5236 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z6ovjgQsUA

A joke rant about you. 109 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rna_XrJo4hU

Another rant. 4183 likes

Conclusion

As you can see, the community wants you to change. I love ark, it's one of my favorite games and I've been playing it for years, but I've noticed a decrease in playing time lately and the direction you're taking the game. The tens, hundreds, THOUSANDS of loyal ark players want you to change, and we want you to change the game for the better. Maybe you don't notice us (somehow), maybe you secretly are trying to fix the game (which wouldn't make sense), maybe you just don't care, but this isn't just a lack of acknowledgment towards your community, this is a lack of respect.

your counting the numbers but your not reading the posts, i.e. like the 'wipe the servers' thread you linked, their are alot of posts in there against a wipe, not only that Wildcard has stated numerious times that they have no plans on wiping official servers.

same goes with the other posts in the voting forms, people posting why they are for and against the idea. sometimes its not just about the numbers.

far as the votes on the threads, i'm sure its most likely going to take more then a couple hundred votes for them to take a idea as something the community as a whole wants, there are 1000's of players and im sure they are taking that into consideration when it comes to vote counts.

they've voiced out that they are currently trying to resolve certain issues with the game which does take time, and wildcard more then alot of other large game companies, but still there is that and they are working on genesis as well to get it ready for launch in December, so they have several large things on their plate right now, which slows down the resolve toward other smaller issues.

Far as youtube videos, they get likes for all sorts of reasons, and not always "what the rant is about", some even use bots to boost their youtube 'like' counts higher, but my point there really, taking a youtube video seriously is like believing the easter bunny really exists ;)

I commend your passion, and I too would like to see the game improved, but time will tell.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

your counting the numbers but your not reading the posts, i.e. like the 'wipe the servers' thread you linked, their are alot of posts in there against a wipe, not only that Wildcard has stated numerious times that they have no plans on wiping official servers.

The voting system works like an upvote/downvote system. If majority didn't like the post, it wouldn't one of the top posts. Even if 50/50 were the votes, it still probably wouldn't be at the top. Wildcard stating numerous times they won't do it is part of what i'm saying as well, they won't do it despite majority of the community wanting them to.

same goes with the other posts in the voting forms, people posting why they are for and against the idea. sometimes its not just about the numbers.

Like stated before, that's why the upvote/downvote is a thing. Majority seems to want it.

far as the votes on the threads, i'm sure its most likely going to take more then a couple hundred votes for them to take a idea as something the community as a whole wants, there are 1000's of players and im sure they are taking that into consideration when it comes to vote counts.

Yes, but the thing is this forum is not that popular, so none of those posts are going to get thousands of votes. If Wildcard wanted to see if the community as a whole wanted it, then they would've easily just made a poll about it or something, but they didn't.

they've voiced out that they are currently trying to resolve certain issues with the game which does take time, and wildcard more then alot of other large game companies, but still there is that and they are working on genesis as well to get it ready for launch in December, so they have several large things on their plate right now, which slows down the resolve toward other smaller issues.

That's part of my point. Instead of putting their effort into fixing issues and adding the confirmed features that were supposed to be added, they are working on Genesis. That's part of the point, they keep making new content instead of fixing the game and finishing adding in the confirmed content.

Far as youtube videos, they get likes for all sorts of reasons, and not always "what the rant is about", some even use bots to boost their youtube 'like' counts higher, but my point there really, taking a youtube video seriously is like believing the easter bunny really exists ;)

The likes on the videos are representing the people who agree with the rant (otherwise they wouldn't have liked the videos). 

I commend your passion, and I too would like to see the game improved, but time will tell.

Thank you.

Responses in Bold.

• Volunteer Moderator

The voting is far from being accurate. Early Birds are not restricted from voting, which encourage some to create ton of accounts and corrupt the voting before we catch up and ban them. I once banned someone that had over 50+ throwaway accounts which were voting and replying to each others in the most voted suggestions, and since we don't have the tools to know or adjust the voting they are still counted to this day. Without mentioning the fact players cannot down-vote suggestion, meaning that even if 100 people are for a specific suggestion while 300 aren't, it will still appears like this is a highly wanted suggestion while in reality it isn't. The voting is good for wildcard to get a general idea of what could be considered but the amount of voting and replies are not making them guaranteed features; just that they will discuss them internally.

4 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

The likes on the videos are representing the people who agree with the rant (otherwise they wouldn't have liked the videos). 

this is in itself not a true fact,  people get likes because of jokes, how ironic they sound, one comment in their whole 3 hour video.  just like every video on youtube, people don't get likes just because someone "agreed with everything in the video" it could of been a 30 second comment, if even that.  Like numbers don't reflect how many actually "liked" it, like invincibleqc pointed out with their voting system, youtube is even worse.

3 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

It seems Wildcard doesn't listen the the community... at all! You add in a new voting system yes you have barely replied to any large voted on posts let alone considered them! Yes, I'm telling the truth, you don't listen to your community, and I'm posting several examples to prove it!

Starting off, the second most popular post on the suggestions page (158 votes) has no reply from the moderators. Not even a "We'll consider this!" or a "Unfortunately, we will not be adding this.". Nothing, no reply, nothing, probably not coming. I thought the voting system was to see which posts got most liked by the community (and you would consider them)? Or did you just stop checking the suggestions?

The third most popular post on the suggestions page (134 votes) has no reply from the moderators. Not even a "We'll consider this!" or a "Unfortunately, we will not be adding this.". Nothing, no reply, nothing, probably not coming. I thought the voting system was to see which posts got most liked by the community (and you would consider them)? Or did you just stop checking the suggestions?

Seeing the point of the suggestion which is to make Griffins and Wyverns breedable and have a saddle which Wildcard purposely didn't add this probably is never coming.

Oh boy, now here we have the elephant in the room. The fourth most popular post on the suggestions page (128) votes which we have clear confirmation is not coming. I thought the voting system was to see which posts got most liked by the community? Welp, it seems like they don't want to listen to one of the most suggested features by the community and are just going to not add this one. It really gets frustrating when they making a voting system to see which features are liked the most and then straight up say they aren't adding one of the most voted upon suggestions!

User @UDGxKnight commented "They already confirmed they have no plans to do this because they feel that Scorched Earth is already complete story wise. Rockwell and Helena didn't have to ascend so why should we?" to which Lead Community Manager @Cedric replied to that saying "This is correct.".

This is confirmation that they aren't adding one of the most suggested upon features.

A while later, Lead Community Manager @Cedric again commented, this time saying "While I agree, a S.E. ascension would be epic, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up here.Ascension cinematics use a ton of team resources (for months) and for the company, the story is complete for S.S. Ascension end cinematics and boss fights are amazing, but it would probably be better to invest those resources elsewhere on other content."

Now, Cedric, you do realize that you can split your workers at Wildcard up into different groups or teams, right? Send a bit of people to work on the cinematic for S.E. and then the rest to work on content, but no, I guess that's never going to happen. 

There are no more comments from a moderator so I guess this isn't going to get added.

This post has 101 votes, 139 replies and and 6 pages, yet no comments from Wildcard. Like the other posts, this probably isn't going to be added, and the servers probably aren't going to betting wiped.

Procrastinating

Wildcard procrastinates a lot. Wildcard have confirmed features to come to the game YEARS ago and yet they still haven't been added and probably will never come.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features

This Gamepedia  page shows all of the features Wildcard has confirmed are coming to the game. They have confirmed these features YEARS ago and we're safe assume these features are never coming. A lot of these features confirmed are also really small like a new mechanic or a new item or structure, which could slowly add more variety to the game, but now they've just straight up announced ARK: Genesis instead of adding the features they were supposed to years ago.

The Community

I'm not the only one who does not like Wildcard that much. Below are a list of links where people express there opinions about Wildcard. As you can see, not everyone likes your game, and you need to take your fans feedback into consideration or else your game is going to die out very quickly. I'll also show the likes on the videos so you know how many people agree with those rants. Also, if any moderator that works with Wildcard sees this, then I recommend you to look at all of the links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUDLbxreU6I

A rant about ARK. Mostly the toxicity of the servers, with about in there about the devs not doing anything about this. 56 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAq7CYOJFCs

A rant directed toward Wildcard and them not fixing the game. 252 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDucBzkX0wE&t=526s

A rant where the video is directed towards Wildcard to see. 2117 k likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMGTwnFgTI

A rant about the game. 55 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URYCvavdoe4&t=8s

A video specifically meant for you guys to see. 3226 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYZDl9MYqIY&t=1s

This youtuber specifically calls you "The Worst Game Studio of 2019". 3635 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2-OhnobC0&t=1s

This is a quite popular video. The youtuber in the video goes far enough to call you guys a joke. 5236 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z6ovjgQsUA

A joke rant about you. 109 likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rna_XrJo4hU

Another rant. 4183 likes

Conclusion

As you can see, the community wants you to change. I love ark, it's one of my favorite games and I've been playing it for years, but I've noticed a decrease in playing time lately and the direction you're taking the game. The tens, hundreds, THOUSANDS of loyal ark players want you to change, and we want you to change the game for the better. Maybe you don't notice us (somehow), maybe you secretly are trying to fix the game (which wouldn't make sense), maybe you just don't care, but this isn't just a lack of acknowledgment towards your community, this is a lack of respect.

Tip of the day dude ? no game s perfect ...take the bad with the good and play the game if not play mindcraft...

• Wildcard Community

Rather than going through and responding on every post with a generic "good idea" I am trying a different approach.  One in which you will get confirmation that your request has been seen and whether there are chances to implement it.  We get in trouble when we're  saying "good idea, we'll add it" to individual comments in social media.  It's much better to present those things to the development team in context with all the other requests that are in the queue.  You get a much better representation of what you can and cannot do.

I know for a lot of people, feeling like you are heard means us taking action on the items you've requested.  While we haven't reached that point (in the new process) we'll get there.  I think when that happens, this system will show some promise.  And if it doesn't, I'll try something else.  My job is to make sure you are heard and not necessarily make sure the things you are asking for happens.  I hope this provides a little clarity.

Edit: In regard to the S.E. Ascension, Jesse said it isn't happening so I'd have to believe the co-founder on that one.  He may have different ideas for where to use those resources/people.  The people that make cinematics aren't an entirely different team.  It requires VFX artists, character artists, lighting engineers - It's a full team effort.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:26 PM, invincibleqc said:

The voting is far from being accurate. Early Birds are not restricted from voting, which encourage some to create ton of accounts and corrupt the voting before we catch up and ban them. I once banned someone that had over 50+ throwaway accounts which were voting and replying to each others in the most voted suggestions, and since we don't have the tools to know or adjust the voting they are still counted to this day. Without mentioning the fact players cannot down-vote suggestion, meaning that even if 100 people are for a specific suggestion while 300 aren't, it will still appears like this is a highly wanted suggestion while in reality it isn't. The voting is good for wildcard to get a general idea of what could be considered but the amount of voting and replies are not making them guaranteed features; just that they will discuss them internally.

You are able to downvote. There is an upvote button and a downvote button.

I'll also be making a post discussing why the voting system in place right now is a bad one.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:36 PM, caleb68 said:

this is in itself not a true fact,  people get likes because of jokes, how ironic they sound, one comment in their whole 3 hour video.  just like every video on youtube, people don't get likes just because someone "agreed with everything in the video" it could of been a 30 second comment, if even that.  Like numbers don't reflect how many actually "liked" it, like invincibleqc pointed out with their voting system, youtube is even worse.

The community wanting Wildcard to change is not just shown in videos and likes. There are also a bunch of posts about it with comments that are agreeing.

7 hours ago, Cedric said:

Rather than going through and responding on every post with a generic "good idea" I am trying a different approach.  One in which you will get confirmation that your request has been seen and whether there are chances to implement it.  We get in trouble when we're  saying "good idea, we'll add it" to individual comments in social media.  It's much better to present those things to the development team in context with all the other requests that are in the queue.  You get a much better representation of what you can and cannot do.

I know for a lot of people, feeling like you are heard means us taking action on the items you've requested.  While we haven't reached that point (in the new process) we'll get there.  I think when that happens, this system will show some promise.  And if it doesn't, I'll try something else.  My job is to make sure you are heard and not necessarily make sure the things you are asking for happens.  I hope this provides a little clarity.

Edit: In regard to the S.E. Ascension, Jesse said it isn't happening so I'd have to believe the co-founder on that one.  He may have different ideas for where to use those resources/people.  The people that make cinematics aren't an entirely different team.  It requires VFX artists, character artists, lighting engineers - It's a full team effort.

Ok. I'm sorry I didn't understand how things worked out behind the scenes when I made this post. It is also my bad that I didn't know the QoL list was a thing before making my post. I'm sorry, I guess I misjudged you.

I for one, have developed a great deal of disrespect for wildcard over the years I have played ark. The current state of the game is a complete mess, full of game breaking bugs and tribe wiping exploits. wildcards unwillingness to fully address these issues is simply unacceptable. While the OPs post is basically a list of features and improvements requested, I feel by far the most important issues are the bugs and exploits. This is what needs to be addressed, although I doubt wildcard will. In the past when the community reaches a boiling point over a particular issue (such as the recent duping on official servers) wildcard appears to put absolute minimal effort into fixing the issue. Similar to applying a dirty used bandaid to a sucking chest wound.

Due to the current state of the game I will be boycotting genesis, and any future dlc. I suggest you consider doing the same.

1 hour ago, overborg said:

I for one, have developed a great deal of disrespect for wildcard over the years I have played ark. The current state of the game is a complete mess, full of game breaking bugs and tribe wiping exploits. wildcards unwillingness to fully address these issues is simply unacceptable. While the OPs post is basically a list of features and improvements requested, I feel by far the most important issues are the bugs and exploits. This is what needs to be addressed, although I doubt wildcard will. In the past when the community reaches a boiling point over a particular issue (such as the recent duping on official servers) wildcard appears to put absolute minimal effort into fixing the issue. Similar to applying a dirty used bandaid to a sucking chest wound.

Due to the current state of the game I will be boycotting genesis, and any future dlc. I suggest you consider doing the same.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Given that there is regularly 20000 -30000 people playing this game on average each day, having 100 votes in support of some feature is definitely not representative of the wishes of the "community" as a whole.

Only a small fraction of the entire player base is registered on these forums and an even smaller fraction of that small fraction actually regularly reads/posts on here. This would be less then 5% at best. Then as someone else explained the votes only show those in favour not those against.

Clearly those votes aren't significant of anything. They can be safely ignored by the developers and noted down as being of extremely minor importance with minor community  backing.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Given that there is regularly 20000 -30000 people playing this game on average each day, having 100 votes in support of some feature is definitely not representative of the wishes of the "community" as a whole.

Only a small fraction of the entire player base is registered on these forums and an even smaller fraction of that small fraction actually regularly reads/posts on here. This would be less then 5% at best. Then as someone else explained the votes only show those in favour not those against.

Clearly those votes aren't significant of anything. They can be safely ignored by the developers and noted down as being of extremely minor importance with minor community  backing.

Exactly why I said Wildcard should make a poll in my post.

1 minute ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Exactly why I said Wildcard should make a poll in my post.

Still wouldn't fix the issue of low turnout. Also several of your videos effectively label me and other PVP players as a toxic players and griefers. That's hardly going to win you much support around these parts.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Still wouldn't fix the issue of low turnout. Also several of your videos effectively label me and other PVP players as a toxic players and griefers. That's hardly going to win you much support around these parts.

If you're not a toxic player then they aren't referring to you, they're referring to the toxic players. I for one have had experience seeing VERY toxic players all over the place.

22 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

You are able to downvote. There is an upvote button and a downvote button.

I'll also be making a post discussing why the voting system in place right now is a bad one.

Negative. You can down vote a comment to the topic/suggestion. You can't down vote the suggestion itself. 

They did that so that the trolls with 50 accounts, that @invincibleqc detailed, can't just down vote something to do it. 

Archived