Please, just let mod authors make console mods already!

Deenisbeenis

Suggestion

Please, just let mod authors make console mods already!

I have been playing ARK on xbox since the day it came out, and once it came out on PS4 I quickly moved to that. I have done every possible thing on Vanilla and Prim+ that can be done, and after years of the same crap i'm pretty much sick of the game. I cant play ARK on pc because my pc sucks and my friends pcs are even worse. And I shouldn't have to shell out a good $500 to $700 just to enjoy one game. Games like Skyrim and Fallout do mods on console and they are GREAT. I don't understand why Wildcard can't implement the same kind of feature for ARK, it just makes no sense to me. Even if a dev just responds and clarifies why this isn't possible would be enough for me at this point.

I can maybe understand if it was more of a legal thing but still, Bethesda does it and they have no problems (that I know of). I wouldn't really mind the lack of mods if Wildcard went through with things like Primal Survival but honestly a new map every year adds nothing new to the game but a few days (at most) of content for me to explore, and I don't want to have to wait a YEAR just for a few measly days of content (and kinda boring content as well). If there is a reason mods haven't been added to console, please respond, I would love to know why. And if there really isn't, just stop witht he sponsored mod crap and let mod authors develop for console like Bethesda did with Skyrim and Fallout!

-Thanks for reading.

1 reply to this server topic

All Fallout and Skyrim mods are endorsed by Bethesda, a company which can afford to do official mods on that scale. However, Wildcard is not Bethesda, and doesn't have nearly as much money. In the scheme of it all, it's better for Wildcard to absorb mod developers into their game the way they have been for a while. 

Archived