What Weapons to Bring and Strategies to use for a Battle?

Hello Community,

I made this account to just ask you guys this question, “What is the best and most useful weapons to bring to War?”

When I say this I mean any kind, like Combo weapons (such as Bola and Club lol), melee weapons (like sword or pike), and range weapons  (like crossbows, compounds, or rifles).

To clarify, I want to see what would you guys think is best to bring to a war, meaning a battle against a tribe with tames as strong as Rexes and Spinos.

Finally remember that I plan to risk no tames and only use weapons for this battle, IT IS NOT A RAID, and what strategize would you guys suggest. The place is in the Redwoods and Herbivore Island. Good Luck :n

P.S I am mainly asking for weapons and strategies for battling (either Rexes or a very Strong Rex like lvl 1000) but if you want you can add armor  to the mix.

Compound Bows

Flame Arrows and Metal Arrows

Crossbow with Grapples

Fab Sniper or Longneck for sniping riders

Large Bear Traps

Heavy Turrets with charge batteries (if not setting up a proper FOB)

Flashbangs

Healthbrews

Custom food and drink

Bola's

Pump Shotgun

Parachutes

Several Sets of your best dura flak/riot

Sleeping Bags or Beds

Plant Y traps

2 hours ago, LeLanders said:

Edit: If possible, try to elaborate on how to use these combos. Thanks :n

Kill the other players stuff. Lol.

Use the Compound Bow and Shotgun to kill tames. Shotgun is very good against tames without saddles (Wyvs, Griffs). Compound Bow is good, though slower, and real good against tames with headshot multipliers.

Bear Trap is to protect from being rushed by those Rex's and Spino's and other soakers at your staging point.

Plant Y is to catch up players and certain tames.

Flashbangs can blind and dismount riders. Good to dismount soakers and then the turrets can kill the rider.

Its not a raid you said so nothing to push, so just use the environment and make trap points with the Y and Bear Traps. Can also set up IED and C4 traps in those areas. 

The answer to his depends a lot on many factors:

1. Who are you are fighting?
    1. An enemy large tribe?
    2. An enemy alliance
    3. A medium tribe
    4. A small enemy tribe?
    5. Your own allies? 
  2. Where you are fighting?
    1. What map?
    2. What terrain?
      1. - Water?
      2. Land?
      3. Mountain
      4. Cave
  3. What tames will be involved?
    1. What tames does the enemy have?
    2. What tames will you throw into the fight?
  4. What is your overall tribe situation?
    1. Is your tribe large or is it small?
    2. Is it wealthy or poor?
    3. How many warriors do you have?
  5. What kind of battle is it?
    1. Base raid?
    2. Stealth Raid?
    3. Guerrilla Action? 
    4. Economy damage?
    5. All or nothing
    6. Base defence?
    7. Helping an ally?
  6. How much are you prepared to lose?

The answer to this is simple, some are already specified at my first message:

1. A Battle against all of the enemies tames, IT IS NOT A RAID (I have specified this)
    1. The Island
    2. What terrain?
      1. Water
      2. Land (Specifically at Redwoods)
    1. Me vs either A very high lvl Rex or Spino (about lvl 700+), and Very high lvl moss or basil (lvl 700+)
    2. What tames will you throw into the fight? -None (I have specified this as well)
    1. My tribe is medium
    2. It is kinda poor, but I’ll say average (can learn guns but only the “Normal” ones)
    3. How many warriors do you have? -About 4-5

1. It is technically Player vs Tame

P.S This May be a guideline for you guys but remember I still accept the question that I asked earlier and all replies are welcome :n

4 hours ago, LeLanders said:

The answer to this is simple, some are already specified at my first message:

1. A Battle against all of the enemies tames, IT IS NOT A RAID (I have specified this)
    1. The Island
    2. What terrain?
      1. Water
      2. Land (Specifically at Redwoods)
    1. Me vs either A very high lvl Rex or Spino (about lvl 700+), and Very high lvl moss or basil (lvl 700+)
    2. What tames will you throw into the fight? -None (I have specified this as well)
    1. My tribe is medium
    2. It is kinda poor, but I’ll say average (can learn guns but only the “Normal” ones)
    3. How many warriors do you have? -About 4-5

1. It is technically Player vs Tame

P.S This May be a guideline for you guys but remember I still accept the question that I asked earlier and all replies are welcome :n

Ok well you are obviously playing on some strange modded server with those kind of dino levels. If you going to fight on foot then I would suggest some large bear traps, compound bows, flame throwers, rifles (fab or longneck), several sets of flak armor each, parachutes, crossbows with grapple hooks and flashbangs. Also if you can afford it even a small FOB with a couple auto turrets would be quite handy for the fight. It will allow you a position to fall back to and also secure that area.

grapples and a lot of points into weight

Grapple their tames to overweight them and they cant move, proceed to compound their tames.

like others have said plant y and plant z are great.

for water pvp id recommend bringing underwater homing mines and a turret raft.

However if you arent willing to bring your own tames you will most likely fail so id advise to bring tames

Any primitive quality gun kinda blows, you mentioned learning not bps. A rifle is probably your best choice of gun vs humans. Bolas, bear traps/plant y, and flame arrows are both cheap and powerful. Or maybe invest in a level 55 ptera as you're likely gonna loose if you're only on foot and have no high end items.

Archived