Community Crunch 199: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

StudioWildcard

On 9/24/2019 at 7:24 AM, Erinn said:

It looks like it has a lot of lights in the front, I guess it will be for deep water exploring. Also a lot of people kept talking about how bad it is to see colors underwater, so I guess they are giving us what we wanted for christmas. Kinda reminds me of the waterglider from subnautica, thats why I thought about it.

It might be however it seems to be 5 camera lens with additional effects such as thermal, wide zoom and others which could be true or false but it also seems to fly I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
On 9/24/2019 at 3:55 PM, TinyHippo said:

And, why do you think it can't move? It does have 4 legs, and all parts where the legs connect to the body are missing from the picture so there's no way to tell whether it can or can't from the picture alone.

I won't say you're wrong outright because I have no actual proof of it, but I think you are.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, TinyHippo said:

I can almost gaurantee there's a 4th thing on the front too but as you can see the spot where it would be is cut out too.

Well I was right! ? It didn't have a fourth leg, it didn't have a fourth bit on the front and it can't move.

26 minutes ago, GP said:

Well I was right! ? It didn't have a fourth leg, it didn't have a fourth bit on the front and it can't move.

You sure were!

I gave up on the whole moving thing after the next mystery honestly when that one wasn't a creature, but I still definitely expected a 4th leg, the picture just looks so strange with just the 3

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

You sure were!

I gave up on the whole moving thing after the next mystery honestly when that one wasn't a creature, but I still definitely expected a 4th leg, the picture just looks so strange with just the 3

Yeah, i noticed early on they had different text underneath the image depending on if it was a creature or structure.

Structure - "How perplexing, who can guess what this might be?"

Creature - "What an interesting discovery, can anyone guess what this creature might be?"

I assumed at that point that anything with the first sentence was going to be a structure of sorts.

20 minutes ago, GP said:

Yeah, i noticed early on they had different text underneath the image depending on if it was a creature or structure.

Structure - "How perplexing, who can guess what this might be?"

Creature - "What an interesting discovery, can anyone guess what this creature might be?"

I assumed at that point that anything with the first sentence was going to be a structure of sorts.

Ahh, silly me basically skipped those lines lol, I hadn't noticed that they were different at all 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, GP said:

Adding new dinos (i'm referring to real dinos, not dragons and stuff) would be more boring than anything else because they would all do the same thing in general as what the other dinos do. Adding other types of creatures whether mechanical, mythical etc would be much better because the Devs can give them abilities that make them different and therefore more worthwhile taming.

Agree to disagree. There is no reason new abilities cannot be given equally to new creatures as to new mechanical creatures. Technical creatures take away somewhat from the feel of the game, making it less about the dinos. I'm not saying that tek rexes etc are "runining the game" or anything. But new dinos would have equal impact in my opinion, provided they were well-thought out and didn't unbalance the game. A herbivore that could challenge a giga (other than the titanosaur) might be a cool addition, for instance. I joined ark to ride a T-rex and run with a pack of raptors. Anything that enhances that magic is more welcome than say a new mech or vehicle.

• 5 months later...