Community Crunch 199: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, tds070 said:

Please stop putting robots in a dino game just make a ark 3.0 with robots and give it a different name like yall did with atlas aka ark 2.0

Im with you on this one. Dino lovers and people that bought the game because of the dinos have had less to get excited about the last several dlc's. We have gotten two "Dinos" in the last two dlc's, multiply creatures but the velo (not real) and the Deinonychus are the only dinos we have gotten in a long time. Each dlc has only had a handful of new creatures let alone dinos. Yes, I realize that the game itself can only take so many additions but I'd take new dinos with new mechanics or even the tlc creatures being placed on the dlc. Robots havent brought much to the game and that is not the reason I play the game. Dinos, and fighting each other, simple as that.

• Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, GP said:

Adding new dinos that would just do the same things as the dinos we already have would become boring very fast. Adding stuff like this, whatever it is, can add much more variety and encourage more people to get them or craft them rather than spend time going out and taming a dino that is the same as everything else.

I think by now, after 3 DLCs and more to come that people should have come to terms with the fact this is not a 100% dino game.

I think it would be cool to see some more Mythological creatures in the game. Like a Pegasus, Minotaur, Nemean Lion, etc, etc.

Made a detailed post on steam so I'm mostly gonna copy it over so I can discuss with everyone else too.

No creatures are completely incapable of moving, and that is the only reason I have to believe that this thing can move. Sure, @GP, this could be different, but I'm pretty sure it can move even if it would require a rider for that. Even if for no other reason than that it would be a real pain to have a turret type dino that simply can not move. Through the cryopod wrong? Welp, you're waiting 5 minutes before you can try to reposition it.
It appears to have 3 legs at first but the leg in the back is more to the corner of the thing so we can assume there are four legs.
I can't really tell if the weapons on the different sides of it are the same or different. The right guns have a rectangular casing that can't be seen on the left guns, and I'm not sure if that's because there is no casing or if we just can't see it because the dossier fades there.
Fairly obvious but it has shields on the sides that probably take reduced damage.
Come to think of it, the right guns look kinda like speakers, imagine a yuty in a box lol
At first I thought the part around the eye (optionally also a laser beam, you'd better believe it) was the dossier cutting off but it looks more like a shielding turning on/off. You can see a clear hexagonal structure for the whole thing, whereas cutoffs only have the hexagons at the edges, so that's actually a small tek shield over the eye/whatever it is.
The eye shield makes me think it can turn on and off, maybe it's only on when you're in it (like meks.) I hope that's not the case but I'm not really sure why else you'd want it to stop being able to see.

Edit: I just read the processing... I-is this a storage container...?

Edited by TinyHippo

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

No creatures are completely incapable of moving, and that is the only reason I have to believe that this thing can move. Sure, @GP, this could be different, but I'm pretty sure it can move even if it would require a rider for that. Even if for no other reason than that it would be a real pain to have a turret type dino that simply can not move.

But you are assuming this is about a creature of sorts. Who's to say all these mysterious mysteries are going to be creatures? I like to be more open-minded and consider that they may be providing sneak peaks of other types of things besides creatures.

What if it is a new turret type device? That would make it stationary, so doesn't have to be a turret type dino.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GP said:

But you are assuming this is about a creature of sorts. Who's to say all these mysterious mysteries are going to be creatures? I like to be more open-minded and consider that they may be providing sneak peaks of other types of things besides creatures.

What if it is a new turret type device? That would make it stationary, so doesn't have to be a turret type dino.

Well yes, I am making that assumption. Mysterious Mysterious have, in the past, always been about new dinos (correct me if I'm wrong) so while it is possible that this breaks the pattern I don't expect it to.
And, why do you think it can't move? It does have 4 legs, and all parts where the legs connect to the body are missing from the picture so there's no way to tell whether it can or can't from the picture alone.

I won't say you're wrong outright because I have no actual proof of it, but I think you are.
We know it's an anti-theft device, and it'd be pretty hard to deter thieves if it can't even move unless it actually is the storage container itself, or perhaps it shields storage containers nearby? Those are the two things I can think of where it could stay in one place.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Well yes, I am making that assumption. Mysterious Mysterious have, in the past, always been about new dinos (correct me if I'm wrong) so while it is possible that this breaks the pattern I don't expect it to.
And, why do you think it can't move? It does have 4 legs, and all parts where the legs connect to the body are missing from the picture so there's no way to tell whether it can or can't from the picture alone.

But you are assuming it has 4 legs, if they even are legs. Based on the picture it has 3 legs. Yes the 4th may have been cut out, but looking at the front of it, it has 3 long bits that stick out. So as there are 3 there that may suggest there are 3 below. So saying it has 4 legs is an assumption.

11 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I won't say you're wrong outright because I have no actual proof of it, but I think you are.
We know it's an anti-theft device, and it'd be pretty hard to deter thieves if it can't even move unless it actually is the storage container itself, or perhaps it shields storage containers nearby? Those are the two things I can think of where it could stay in one place.

I must have missed something. How do we know it is an anti-theft device?

4 minutes ago, GP said:

I must have missed something. How do we know it is an anti-theft device?

It's the arg stuff

4 minutes ago, GP said:

But you are assuming it has 4 legs, if they even are legs. Based on the picture it has 3 legs. Yes the 4th may have been cut out, but looking at the front of it, it has 3 long bits that stick out. So as there are 3 there that may suggest there are 3 below. So saying it has 4 legs is an assumption.

I can almost gaurantee there's a 4th thing on the front too but as you can see the spot where it would be is cut out too.
Even if there are only 3 on the front I think it's a bit strange to base what the bottom of it is like from the front of it.
And, if it did have only those 3 legs, it'd be horribly imbalanced since the legs aren't positioned to be a proper tripod, so I have a very hard time imagining it actually only has the 3 legs that we can see.

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

I don't believe this is a creature, because the thread that was generated when the code was broken is titled "Equipment Test Record" and not "Specimen Observation Record" like the last one was. 

7 hours ago, Deathfollowsme said:

It's another pointless engram, much like HLNA it will just put your emoji on a wall or probably send some dumb ass bat signal in the sky but be a T-Rex or Giga head to let tribe and alliance know you need help in the cave you're hiding in because you're being meshed by someone because ark is a super fun MMO but it's well past broken.  

where's your proof that its another skin like HLN-A? also please post your overly negative opinions somewhere else, your being a bit of a downer to all these other people who came here to be exited and theorize.

20 minutes ago, Nanabobana said:

I don't believe this is a creature, because the thread that was generated when the code was broken is titled "Equipment Test Record" and not "Specimen Observation Record" like the last one was. 

True, but you could also call enforcers equipment, especially in a technical sense like it seems to be using, though I'd still consider them to be creatures, even if they're technically robots.

Yet you bring out this new content but you don’t do anything about getting booted out of servers on extinction. Randomly flying around and get booted, defending element veins and get booted and finally get back in, veins gone! And drops, booted out at any stage to get back in and nothing! I’ve lost 6 gigas in a week aswell to getting booted and coming back to find them dead!