Community Crunch 199: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

StudioWildcard

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

Mysterious_Transmission2.gif

How perplexing, who can guess what this might be?

On The Horizon

High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77701718619-1200x506.jpg

Mesh Detection

The engineers are hard at work on improving the mesh detection functionality.  While we aren't always vocal about our advancements in this area, we hope to share general information about the work that's being done in the near future.

Enforcement

If you know if someone abusing game systems, please report it by submitting a ticket.  Doing so helps us identify where the active issues are.  Our enforcement team is eager and ready to look into any tickets that are submitted.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 27th  of Sep at 1 PM EST until Monday the 30th of Sep at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

36 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

Oh I hadn't thought of underwater ! I thought of some flying thing but yours makes more sense ! Sort of a diplocaulus alternative ?

It looks like it has a lot of lights in the front, I guess it will be for deep water exploring. Also a lot of people kept talking about how bad it is to see colors underwater, so I guess they are giving us what we wanted for christmas. Kinda reminds me of the waterglider from subnautica, thats why I thought about it.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, tds070 said:

Please stop putting robots in a dino game just make a ark 3.0 with robots and give it a different name like yall did with atlas aka ark 2.0

Adding new dinos that would just do the same things as the dinos we already have would become boring very fast. Adding stuff like this, whatever it is, can add much more variety and encourage more people to get them or craft them rather than spend time going out and taming a dino that is the same as everything else.

I think by now, after 3 DLCs and more to come that people should have come to terms with the fact this is not a 100% dino game.

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, GP said:

Adding new dinos that would just do the same things as the dinos we already have would become boring very fast. Adding stuff like this, whatever it is, can add much more variety and encourage more people to get them or craft them rather than spend time going out and taming a dino that is the same as everything else.

I think by now, after 3 DLCs and more to come that people should have come to terms with the fact this is not a 100% dino game.

i totaly agree and this thing kinda reminds me of a radar/jammer/scanner or something like this cause it has legs that look like it can hold it up inplace just my thoughts on this~ and looking forward to seeing more~! : )

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, danlillis said:

i totaly agree and this thing kinda reminds me of a radar/jammer/scanner or something like this cause it has legs that look like it can hold it up inplace just my thoughts on this~ and looking forward to seeing more~! : )

It does look like a device that you may use as it has legs to stand on. I'm thinking this isn't a creature that moves at all. All the other mysterious mysteries across the DLCs have been creatures of some kind, but that's not to say they all have to be. So i'm also thinking it could be some device used that you have to point it at something.

I'm assuming at this point that what we see is the front of it as opposed to the back.

1 hour ago, tds070 said:

Please stop putting robots in a dino game just make a ark 3.0 with robots and give it a different name like yall did with atlas aka ark 2.0

Like GP said, after 3 DLCs, i don't know how you can say this. Since SE, you had to figure out it ain't about only dinos. Just read the storyline, it ain't only about dinos, it is about Arks. The game's name is Ark : Survival Evolved, not Ark : Paradise of Dinosaur. 

If the storyline is still as good as it is right now, it will have explanation for those types of creatures.

More, even the game introduced weird creatures (Rock Drake, Managarmr, MEK, etc), dinosaurs are still in the race with rexes, gigas, etc etc.

Now, Genesis is about what is going on after Extinction (after defeating Alpha King Titan and getting back Arks on Earth) and inspiraitons devs would have for weirdo creatures.

Oh, by the way, this robot really looks like turrets in Portal ^^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's another pointless engram, much like HLNA it will just put your emoji on a wall or probably send some dumb ass bat signal in the sky but be a T-Rex or Giga head to let tribe and alliance know you need help in the cave you're hiding in because you're being meshed by someone because ark is a super fun MMO but it's well past broken.  

Edited by Deathfollowsme