Newbie asking stuff

Zombid

Ok, very primitive question. What is the fastest way to make walls and gates? What is your strategy?

Thing is, Im relocating my base and this takes way too long (patience level 1/10). In 2 days Ive made few hundred stone walls and maybe 60 stonegates+doors. I have doedi and theri in use, but still quite slow progression.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zombid said:

Ok, very primitive question. What is the fastest way to make walls and gates? What is your strategy?

Thing is, Im relocating my base and this takes way too long (patience level 1/10). In 2 days Ive made few hundred stone walls and maybe 60 stonegates+doors. I have doedi and theri in use, but still quite slow progression.

What if you used a beaver instead then you wouldn't need to mount to harvest anything. Fill your argy and your own inventory with thatch then hover over rocks with your doed to auto harvest then drop your doed and do the same with your beaver, then transfer all into your argent and craft all. Harvest more while they are crafting in your argy. Not sure if it will actually be faster but maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

What if you used a beaver instead then you wouldn't need to mount to harvest anything. Fill your argy and your own inventory with thatch then hover over rocks with your doed to auto harvest then drop your doed and do the same with your beaver, then transfer all into your argent and craft all. Harvest more while they are crafting in your argy. Not sure if it will actually be faster but maybe. 

I dont have beaver. Yes I have been using the drag doedi in claws -trick. Annoying thing is, it only fits handful of stone and stops harvesting. Gathers only about 3 rows in inventory. Ark logic...

About the crafting in argie.. but I cant craft walls in the bird.?? Only the special stuff which have engrams visible there. I should havr blueprint for anything else? :0

1 minute ago, Zombid said:

I dont have beaver. Yes I have been using the drag doedi in claws -trick. Annoying thing is, it only fits handful of stone and stops harvesting. Gathers only about 3 rows in inventory. Ark logic...

About the crafting in argie.. but I cant craft walls in the bird.?? Only the special stuff which have engrams visible there. I should havr blueprint for anything else? :0

Sorry I assumed you meant behemoth gates which are done in the smithy/argy. Do you have access to a quetzal? 

Just now, Zombid said:

Umm, not sure.  I dont think so. I just read the pedia, are you suggesting a 2 player harvesting?

No I was going to suggest loading a quetzal and rock elemental up with thatch then set the quetzal on follow. The rock elemental gathers both wood and stone at a decent rate so you could just keep gathering and crafting without needing to dismount, then transfer the walls and gates into the quetzal. Once you are full you could fly the golem back to base, unload/restock on thatch and do another run. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 7:59 AM, Zombid said:

About Plant  Y.

Does it shoot stuff like plant X? Ingame description says yes, but wiki says no. So which is it?

And, why does it have greenhouse effect 0% on my plot? It's properly watered and out in the daylight. I don't get it. It does say "fruitling" but...

Greenhouse effect is caused by having built a greenhouse above and around your plots using the glass walls and ceilings etc.. 0% is because it's uncovered.

Y and X plants do two different things one creates traps the other shoots projectiles.

Can someone explain the Ark logic here? Im trying to build walls but game disagrees. Once again, Im facing a no-no zone where I cannot place any item...the item is green but no. 

In the photo you see the red area, green is fine. The terrain is pretty much the same and there is no big differences. Little bit to the right  the slope and terrain is even harder and rocky but still I can put walls just fine. But when the area gets flat and easier on the left, it's a no-no. This is really frustrating.

IMG_20191220_142304.jpg

IMG_20191220_143248.jpg

On 12/20/2019 at 7:33 AM, Zombid said:

Can someone explain the Ark logic here? Im trying to build walls but game disagrees. Once again, Im facing a no-no zone where I cannot place any item...the item is green but no. 

In the photo you see the red area, green is fine. The terrain is pretty much the same and there is no big differences. Little bit to the right  the slope and terrain is even harder and rocky but still I can put walls just fine. But when the area gets flat and easier on the left, it's a no-no. This is really frustrating.

IMG_20191220_142304.jpg

IMG_20191220_143248.jpg

I'm guessing that it is a no-build zone because that is where a supply-drop falls.  All locations where supply drops land are no-build areas on PvE, to prevent PvE players griefing the drops by building over them.  They would do this to box people out of retrieving the loot in the supply drop.  Welcome to ARK, don't be afraid to strengthen your GoogleFu because the amount of information on ARK that is out there is ridiculous.

You can get just about any answer you need on the ol' Interwebs.

• 3 weeks later...

My owls suddenly stopped puking pellets few days ago.What's wrong with them, nothing has changed here?

Edit: I got one to puke manually, but here's the next problem: When the pellet hits the ground (wood platform below the owl) it just disappears. 

Edit 2: I just noticed that the pellets go through my floor (made of ceiling pieces). I have never had this kind of issue, this only started last week.

Archived