Newbie asking stuff

Zombid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

build in single player creative mode. It will allow you to mess around with everything instead of farming matts and wasting time and effort.

start a single player map

when you spawn in, press: tab

in console command, type: cheat gcm 

press: enter

Creative mode will give you:

All engrams
including tek to be built into your inventory.

No weight restrictions

You can fly by double tapping spacebar

All your problems will be solved. All your questions will be answered.

search the wiki for other admin commands and dino/saddle spawn codes on their individual profile pages:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

Depends on your goals.

In general, you want a chem bench, all purpose hatchery (I go with 30 AC's just because I know it can hatch anything in any temp), greenhouse which contains 2 of each fruit/vegetable, plus many narcoberry and tintoberry crop plots, industrial cooker, grill, at least 5 preserving bins for jerky. You'll want cryofridges and you'll want vaults for weapons/armor. Early on you'll want vaults for material storage and down the line you can switch those to tek dedicated storage.

Prior to getting cryofridges, available to be made at level 81 in obs and supply drops, you may want a dino storage barn.

If you're on Extinction or built in an area that they can kite Wyvern's to you, you'll want a few heavy turrets and Velonosaurs. A few tek turrets once you reach them.

If you're near Giga's, make your perimeter out of metal behemoth's and dino gates when you can.

Sorry, info overload.

6 hours ago, Zombid said:

Newbie asking stuff

So I just finished my base structure and it's time for decor and equipment. I have smithy, generator/electricity and a fridge. Forge and fabricator coming up.  What should I build next? What are the must-have's? 

Also, what size are the elevator platforms?  (Pre-planning that)

You have the generator and fridge before the fab?

I would get a greenhouse set up as well as a breeding / hatching area. Will need air conditioners for the hatchery unless you want to use the sailback dinos Dimetrodon?

A good Anky, Beaver, and a Doedic will help get lots of raw resources you need.

Get the compost bins or better yet throw a couple of dungbeetles in the greenhouse and fill them with dung for fertilizer for your crops 

12 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Are you playing on a vanilla server or using mods?

If you're using S+ mod, S+ crafting bench and S+ converter are pretty handy. 

I found the industrial cooker, and industrial forge to be huge benefits. The chem bench seems expensive for what you think it does at first, but trust me... well worth having. 

Vanilla ragnarok.

7 hours ago, Uueerdo said:

You have the generator and fridge before the fab?

Sorry, my starter is a bit confusing. I just moved and I built fab in the previous place to get stuff before relocating. My priorities in the new base are a bit of mess. 

13 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Cool. I love Ragnarok. Out of curiosity which area did you choose to settle in? I find the Highlands to be an excellent place to get started. There are several fantastic base locations there.  

Well, I got stuck here in North, Viking bay. It's laggy as hell sometimes, but as a beginner I feel comfortable here. I can focus on building and learning the game better before I head to south.

Question about Therizino. Why doesnt he gather any keratin? I assume its Right stick, because its delicate gathering but nothing. With main attack I might get 1-2 if Im lucky. This doesnt make sense.  Ive added harvesting points to Delicate 8 and Power 6.

If you haven't already built it, prioritize your base security with an outer perimeter fence/wall before you do anything else.

Then a garden if you don't already have one, it takes time to get that up and running. In addition to advanced crops I usually run a few plots of narcos, mostly as an easy way to use up all the spoiled meat from raising babies.

If you plan to breed your animals in the future, it'd be good to start working on your hatchery now. Extra fridges, lots of ACs, etc. And cryofridges are always a priority imo, as a QoL item they are indispensable.

Prioritize the industrial forge over anything else, that's about the biggest upgrade you can make. When you get to it, the cooker too. I rarely even bother to make kibble before I have one simply because it's so tedious otherwise. Chem bench is great but I usually prioritize it slightly lower than the other industrial grade crafting stations. Still always make one though.

It might be considered somewhat of a luxury item, but I love my grinder. All the random saddles and lower tier gear I pick up out of drops goes in there for free mats, the grinder will quickly pay for itself. When you start getting to the point of crafting high tier saddles and gear, every bit helps.

3 hours ago, Cymas said:

It might be considered somewhat of a luxury item, but I love my grinder. All the random saddles and lower tier gear I pick up out of drops goes in there for free mats, the grinder will quickly pay for itself. When you start getting to the point of crafting high tier saddles and gear, every bit helps.

Yea grinder is nice when you get it. A person could almost stop gathering resources and just do desert loot crate runs instead. You often pick up high level saddles you don't need, and they grind up for tons of resources. 

7 hours ago, Zombid said:

Well, I got stuck here in North, Viking bay. It's laggy as hell sometimes, but as a beginner I feel comfortable here. I can focus on building and learning the game better before I head to south.

The highlands are North as well, but to the extreme East of you. To get there from where you are, you'd just stick to the water's edge and pass the lava area. There are very few predators there (no raptors), but they are bigger predators that don't spawn as often, such as the Giga (easy to just avoid). With no trees you can see danger from a long ways away. 

One great thing is that the wyvern trench is in the highland area and early access to a tame wyvern really makes for great advancement in the game. It's easy to tame a ptera, then level it enough to steal a wyvern's egg. 

The redwood are also close by, and that area in the foot hills between the highlands & redwoods is fantastic for resources. One of the best spots on the entire map IMO.

In the picture below, the background is the southern edge of the Highlands, with the wyvern trench on the right side of the image. In the middle of the background, below the snow,  is 'Wyvern Forest' which is quite a nice area with very few creatures (unlike the Red Woods). On the far left side of the image is a set of foothills and a small lake. That's where I built my base. It's close to the Redwoods (at the start of the Redwoods), but only has a few creatures wandering down from the Redwoods. The colorful wyvern is one of the event wyverns I pulled from the trench. Hunting for wyvern's eggs in the trench is one of the most exciting things to do on Ragnarok. 

highlands2.jpg

I can't stress enough to a newbie, that what ever dinos they tame early on, that they breed up back ups, especially for your flyers. That way, when something bad happens (and it will eventually) you can spawn back at your base, and jump on another flyer to try and get back to save your dino left behind, or at the very least get your loot bag contents.

13 hours ago, Zombid said:

Bumping for the elevator thing.  Anyone?

watch this video on raised foundations, the concept should work the same to raise the elevator track:

I will note - if you raise it 2 parts high then remove the ceiling, the placed piece will break, but if its only raised one part high, it will stay in place.  seems to work with pillars to move them up abit, so I would think it would work with the elevator track as well, just snap on a track rather then a foundation for the raised part.

on another note, if your track is going to be coming up from the floor level, just raise the one foundation your going to have the elevator track on :) 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, Aushegun said:

I can't stress enough to a newbie, that what ever dinos they tame early on, that they breed up back ups, especially for your flyers. That way, when something bad happens (and it will eventually) you can spawn back at your base, and jump on another flyer to try and get back to save your dino left behind, or at the very least get your loot bag contents.

I wish I would have made more of an effort to try and tame another flyer. I was killed this morning far from home and I was killed while collecting drops and only have the one dino so when I get home after work I have to hope that my dino is still alive and I'm able to get to her lol. 

Archived