Managarmr allowed on Aberration

Chadmay67

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mana was beyond broken and people got so mad about the nerfs. You could shoot at anything from the furthest range, freeze them forever, dismount them, instantly kill people with the charge. 

The breath was so strong that you could kill a normal titan (not ext) in 2-3 minutes or a wild giga 80k in under 1 min with a tamed mana around 600-700+ meele leveled.

They are breedable and people still use them like crazy for pvp because there is nothing that can match them. 

The nerfs were all rightfully and I wouldn't mind if they got nerfed more because the whole idea of them was broken to begin with.

12 hours ago, caleb68 said:

a mana is a glider just like the rockdrake, don't really see why it shouldn't be allowed.

Because Aberration was supposed to be a closed ark.  There is a progression.  Getting a Rock Drake was supposed to be an achievement.  Now any idiot can cheese by on the mana they spent 30 mins taming on extinction.  I worked my ass off to get my first rock drake and it died anyways and it was a long time before I would take a drake down there because I had mastered how to get eggs with my spino, even if it was slower and I didn't always get good eggs.  Now there's a guy on my server that just uses his mana and 300 mushroom soups.

Getting red gems was supposed to make crafting element a challenge.   Now everyone just transfers in a Gacha.

This whole game keeps getting broken because people can't handle a challenge.   I do everything solo.  On official.   The only thing I haven't solo'ed so far is the bosses (and I will!)

But progression obviously means nothing to WC or the players.  Look at the broken kibble system they made.

@Garet

Sadly, it seems that WC is more worried about creating more hype and untested content (as seen with Extinction) rather than fixing the broken mess we've been stuck with for years now. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but there are so many small things they can do with minimal effort that could impact and make everyone happier...

Gachas/manas/titans are the epitome of untested content.

Allowing manas/desert titans on Aberration defeats the purpose of the map imho.

3 hours ago, Garet said:

Because Aberration was supposed to be a closed ark.  There is a progression.  Getting a Rock Drake was supposed to be an achievement.  Now any idiot can cheese by on the mana they spent 30 mins taming on extinction.  I worked my ass off to get my first rock drake and it died anyways and it was a long time before I would take a drake down there because I had mastered how to get eggs with my spino, even if it was slower and I didn't always get good eggs.  Now there's a guy on my server that just uses his mana and 300 mushroom soups.

Getting red gems was supposed to make crafting element a challenge.   Now everyone just transfers in a Gacha.

This whole game keeps getting broken because people can't handle a challenge.   I do everything solo.  On official.   The only thing I haven't solo'ed so far is the bosses (and I will!)

But progression obviously means nothing to WC or the players.  Look at the broken kibble system they made.

Just because someone else does it, doesn't mean you have to.   I'm solo most the time myself.  never took any dino's to Aberration, only brought dino's out.  I even started a new character on aberration just to play there and experience it fully.  But just because I do that, doesn't mean others will.   The game attempts to cater to more then one venue of people,  and thus, not everything will feel agreeable to everyone.   Some people will like certain things, others wont.  Its really just that simple.   Just because I could bring a mana into aberration doesn't mean I ever will, let alone any dino, but I don't think how I feel I want to play should dictate how others get to play.

6 hours ago, Garet said:

Besides the obvious (warented) spite this post is so true. Thank you for that

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

Just because someone else does it, doesn't mean you have to.   I'm solo most the time myself.  never took any dino's to Aberration, only brought dino's out.  I even started a new character on aberration just to play there and experience it fully.  But just because I do that, doesn't mean others will.   The game attempts to cater to more then one venue of people,  and thus, not everything will feel agreeable to everyone.   Some people will like certain things, others wont.  Its really just that simple.   Just because I could bring a mana into aberration doesn't mean I ever will, let alone any dino, but I don't think how I feel I want to play should dictate how others get to play.

I think it's less about @Garet getting to dictate how others get to play, and more about the glaring lack of consistency.  They want financial pressure for people to buy Extinction of course, and I get that, because the dinos there are great at their roles.  Gasbags float/fly and carry a ton of weight while being nearly impervious to damage.  Gacha vending-machines are absolutely gamechanging and a good one can trivialize many aspects of the game.  Managarmr freeze things solid from range and are hands-down the most maneuverable tame in all of ARK.  No tame has shaken ARK like the Managarmr has.  The Griffin had a short run but was quickly rendered a niche-tame after many big nerfs, but even it didn't cause the upset the Managarmr has.

They are head-and-shoulders above Rock Drakes in terms of agility and travel, primarily because they can generate their own lift (which Drakes cannot).  While this is a singular point about the power/utility of the Managarmr, it is a huge point.  Generating its own (even finite) lift makes it for the most part, a pseudo-flyer.  I say finite because of course, it is bound to stamina limits!  But some domesticated levels fixes that right up, as we see with people dashing around on 6000 stamina Managarmrs and dismounting/remounting for 3 seconds to fill the stamina bar back to 100%.

Aberration is the closest we have to a progression ARK.  It is more difficult to progress through the biomes, and difficult to progress through the tames.  Doing Ab with only native tames is tough.  Doable, but tough.  Enter Extinction.  It's now trivial to accomplish all you want to, from transporting, raiding (for PvP folks), combat, and traveling.  Well, not so much combat.  But past a certain point, combat on the PvE side isn't as much of a thing, playing to the nature of PvE ARK.

So considering the above, the consistency of Ab is out of whack in lieu of xpac sales.  One cannot have full-fledged flyers on Ab but one can take dinos from the new premiere xpac there to keep Extinction attractive as a purchase.  It would be better for the game and better for the "progression" of Ab as an xpac for Managarmr not to be allowed there, but not good for xpac sales.  This is what bugs me about it.  I would hope that the consistency aspect would be more important, but that isn't the world we live in.

Just one guy's opinion, interspersed with factual observations about ARK.

2 hours ago, TheDonn said:

They are head-and-shoulders above Rock Drakes in terms of agility and travel, primarily because they can generate their own lift (which Drakes cannot).  While this is a singular point about the power/utility of the Managarmr, it is a huge point.  Generating its own (even finite) lift makes it for the most part, a pseudo-flyer.  I say finite because of course, it is bound to stamina limits!  But some domesticated levels fixes that right up, as we see with people dashing around on 6000 stamina Managarmrs and dismounting/remounting for 3 seconds to fill the stamina bar back to 100%.

this I have to argue,  I play on official, and with my rockdrake, from the top of the volcano on the island, I managed to drift with it from there all the way to the south eastern shore, I almost made it completely home (herbivore island) just using the same tatics I use with the griffon for long flights.  I can create lift with the rockdrake, you just have to be careful about how 'high' you go with him, the only real disadvantage is its stam drops while its drifting but with some good custom food you can keep their stam up for a pretty long time as well.

Mana also have one major disadvantage - Lag - many people have lost mana to lag spikes, mana basically are the "fighter jet dino" of ark and do to their flight not being corrected properly when the lag spike ends and they end up dead, either from going under the world or above it, some have even gone past the world borders because of it. Instant death.   Another disadvantage is taking them to the Island.  Mana still like to go "Poof" on the island, just randomly vanishing out of existence for no apparent reason. 

I personally would prefer a rockdrake over a mana any day.

I do agree the mana's stam regenerates too fast compared to all other stam based animals from first release to extinction, even the snow owl regens stam alot slower then the mana. That is something that surely needs repaired.  I'm also not a PvP player but still even if i were, i'd still most likely prefer a rockdrake over a mana, even without the rockdrakes hide ability, it can hide in plain sight alot easier then any mana i've ever seen across all the servers.

In the PvP aspect, I can see where it could be considered troublesome, and this is one reason people have argued that PvP and PvE should have different balancing matrix for the dinos, and I fully agree, they should.  But they try to find balance between PvP and PvE, trying to keep both parties happy and satisfied, but honestly it will never happen, they are two totally different categories of players, and like i stated before, you can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can never make all the people happy all the time.

20 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

this I have to argue,  I play on official, and with my rockdrake, from the top of the volcano on the island, I managed to drift with it from there all the way to the south eastern shore, I almost made it completely home (herbivore island) just using the same tatics I use with the griffon for long flights.  I can create lift with the rockdrake, you just have to be careful about how 'high' you go with him, the only real disadvantage is its stam drops while its drifting but with some good custom food you can keep their stam up for a pretty long time as well.

Mana also have one major disadvantage - Lag - many people have lost mana to lag spikes, mana basically are the "fighter jet dino" of ark and do to their flight not being corrected properly when the lag spike ends and they end up dead, either from going under the world or above it, some have even gone past the world borders because of it. Instant death.   Another disadvantage is taking them to the Island.  Mana still like to go "Poof" on the island, just randomly vanishing out of existence for no apparent reason. 

I personally would prefer a rockdrake over a mana any day.

I get that you prefer it, and I can respect that you aren't totally onboard with Mana-everything.  But after your initial jump, you cannot create more lift with the Rock Drake than you ever, ever get after the jump.  That isn't my opinion, that is a fact about how these 2 creatures function my good sir.  If you are holding 'shift' with a Drake after you jump, you are going down.  At even a -.5 degree angle, you are going down (probably further than -.5 degree, the minimum is probably around 2 or 4 degrees off horizontal).  I'm gathering you are a very skilled Drake-pilot, and can hit glide-ratios that others have trouble with but as I mentioned, once you jump upwards, you are falling until you hit the ground.  NOW, in terms of skill required to fly a Mana, yeah...  There's very little, hence their popularity.  You just get on it, BOOM BOOM BOOM you are at the ceiling.  DASH DASH DASH, you jet from Green to Red Obelisk.  Hop off, 1mississippi2mississippi3mississippi4mississippi stam now regenerated, BOOM DASH BOOM DASH DASH.  For many that have lost Manas, there are many more cautious riders that haven't.

So you prefer a Drake, even outside of Aberration, so when on Ab you feel right at home.  The difficulty is fun, as opposed to other people cheesing through all slightly difficult parts of the game on a Managarmr.

20 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

In the PvP aspect, I can see where it could be considered troublesome, and this is one reason people have argued that PvP and PvE should have different balancing matrix for the dinos, and I fully agree, they should.  But they try to find balance between PvP and PvE, trying to keep both parties happy and satisfied, but honestly it will never happen, they are two totally different categories of players, and like i stated before, you can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can never make all the people happy all the time.

If only.

I was always disappointed they even added the Rock Drake to Aberration. That mode was meant to be a flyer free zone but the devs couldn't help themselves they had to add a pseudo flyer which kind of ruined the whole using climb picks thing and once again trivialized the map. As soon as player got Rock Drakes that was all they used to move around.

Then again this same phenomenon is experienced on every ARK. Everyone uses flyers the vast majority of the time, you'd think the devs would learn a thing or two by now. Guess not.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I was always disappointed they even added the Rock Drake to Aberration. That mode was meant to be a flyer free zone but the devs couldn't help themselves they had to add a pseudo flyer which kind of ruined the whole using climb picks thing and once again trivialized the map. As soon as player got Rock Drakes that was all they used to move around.

Then again this same phenomenon is experienced on every ARK. Everyone uses flyers the vast majority of the time, you'd think the devs would learn a thing or two by now. Guess not.

Until people see the light...

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Gallimimus

ARK's real #1 dino.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, Garet said:

I love the new kibble system they made it so you don’t have to own every single dino and clutter the server and create lag it is simple and effective.

5 hours ago, danjocon said:

Manas greatly improve transportation around abb.

Yeah.  They make it easy to get around, right?  You know what would make it even easier to get around?  Flyers!  You know why they don't let you bring in flyers?

Because it wasn't supposed to be easy.

1 hour ago, ello788 said:

I love the new kibble system they made it so you don’t have to own every single dino and clutter the server and create lag it is simple and effective.

It's broken.  There are 6 kibble tiers for what?  1 kibble tames everything.   The old system had its flaws, but at least it had progression.

Oh, but before I had to tame all these dinosaurs that had no purpose except for eggs!

Guess what?  Now those dinos have no purpose at all.

Anyone taming pachy's these days?   Scorpions?   How about Titanaboas?  They good for anything?

Archived