Crafting skill Character

Hovinko

I have a second pc down in my computer room so i just bought another copy of ark along with all the dlc for it and use that one to make crafting characters on.  this way I don't have to worry about transfering servers with the crafting character, as i just make a new character on the server i want and level it.  I don't have to worry about overwriting a character on any server this way too "did i leave the crafting character on that server or was it ..." the two account method works best for me. 

This way I can also have both characters active on the same server at the same time as well being there are two pc's, So while the one is busy crafting things like bullets, gunpower, narco, stimulate, or cooking up food for the tribe among other things, I can be out doing things on the other character. Its really a time saver.

One additional plus to it is, My main character is no longer stuck in a mindwipe state for 24 hours, "oh i want to craft a few saddles, think i'll mindwipe"  ..20 minutes later.. "the saddles are done... now im stuck in this for another 23hrs.. ".  one of the people I play with off and on did a mindwipe yesterday and got extremely bored after he had made all the things that he wanted to make,  today he was ecstatic "only 9 more minutes and im free!", it made me chuckle.

After using this last night, I would say its absolutely beneficial to have a second character for this if you can.  If you have someone you trust that can get both your toons in the same tribe that would be the best solution.   Mindwiping (for crafting purposes) is a PITA.   Your crafting goes up to whatever, but for the next 24 hours you only have 100 weight.  Moving mats around is a pain.  Just wearing my hazmat suit and carrying a crossbow with a stack of arrows (I had a few other things.. canteen, gps, maybe a pick) was enough to put my character in the weight icon category and make just leaving the base and killing crabs for poly a chore.

Also, your crafting output seems to be either totally random, or it effects different types of items differently.  I only got a 2 point armor boost on my Drake Saddle, but my asc flak leggings went from 449 to 600+ several times.   So maybe you have mats for a few crafts and find out you want to try better.  It will take you time to farm those mats and then you have to do the whole process again.  I'd rather have a crafter.

At least on xbox, you can make a new Xbox profile and play it without buying the game again. then simply switch profile and load game up (shares games with main).

Or just get off the horrible place called official and find a good server that gets rid of the Mindwipe cooldown, so you can mindwipe as often as you want.

Archived