Griefing

Blaze84

Griefing

Kitting wild dino's on pve servers to destroy other players assets is against the code of conduct, stated by Studio Wildcard

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

I was kited by a player in a pve server. What is the likely hood of the person(s) responsible of being investigated and, how many ark officials actually care to enforce this guideline in their code of conduct. I suspect many players do not report said people when expected or caught red handed when this action occurs enabling said griefer to continue this type of harassment and gameplay. I understand that this post may not be viewed by the appropriate people who can answer officially, so I will ask all who read this. Why do fellow gamers in a pve server seek to destroy other players bases using wild dinos.

21 minutes ago, Blaze84 said:

Griefing

Kitting wild dino's on pve servers to destroy other players assets is against the code of conduct, stated by Studio Wildcard

I was kited by a player in a pve server. What is the likely hood of the person(s) responsible of being investigated and, how many ark officials actually care to enforce this guideline in their code of conduct. I suspect many players do not report said people when expected or caught red handed when this action occurs enabling said griefer to continue this type of harassment and gameplay. I understand that this post may not be viewed by the appropriate people who can answer officially, so I will ask all who read this. Why do fellow gamers in a pve server seek to destroy other players bases using wild dinos.

Because behaving as a sociopath is a very popular component of online gaming.  If you can get a good report in, it is possible it can have a positive effect.  But as you said, most likely, they won't take action.  Why play with other people and have friends when you can grief people?  There's no fun in that!

This is happening in official extinction, we have a tribe in our server that monitors others players, then as soon as ORP timeout start they place a tp near your base and start dropping corrupted gigas leading them to your structures with the unique porpuse of breaking your walls and cryofidges so they can steal the pods.

I know they have been reported unsucessfully because what a player can do if their strategy is to wait until the players go offline? There is no way to obtain any footage of their felonies, unless you have a friend recording your base during the 10 min ORP cooldown.

And I doubt any unnoficial can do anything about this, if they do is because they just take what a player says that has happened as an evidence.

2 minutes ago, arkark said:

This is happening in official extinction, we have a tribe in our server that monitors others players, then as soon as ORP timeout start they place a tp near your base and start dropping corrupted gigas leading them to your structures with the unique porpuse of breaking your walls and cryofidges so they can steal the pods.

I know they have been reported unsucessfully because what a player can do if their strategy is to wait until the players go offline? There is no way to obtain any footage of their felonies, unless you have a friend recording your base during the 10 min ORP cooldown.

And I doubt any unnoficial can do anything about this, if they do is because they just take what a player says that has happened as an evidence.

Yeah.  Extinction and the Corrupt Dino mechanic (where they can deal dmg to any and all structures, including Tek) was a nice idea, but from the outset of Extinction the Corrupt Dinos have constantly been used as a very powerful tool of the griefer.  It's funny Arkark, I just noticed a teleporter pad set up very close to my base on Extinction.  It could be for getting to and from Wasteland OSDs quicker...  But I suppose it could be for nefarious purposes.  Dunno.

2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Yeah.  Extinction and the Corrupt Dino mechanic (where they can deal dmg to any and all structures, including Tek) was a nice idea, but from the outset of Extinction the Corrupt Dinos have constantly been used as a very powerful tool of the griefer.  It's funny Arkark, I just noticed a teleporter pad set up very close to my base on Extinction.  It could be for getting to and from Wasteland OSDs quicker...  But I suppose it could be for nefarious purposes.  Dunno.

Haha, I would care if I see a tp from random tribe near my ext base. Indeed I had my tp open to everyone but since that started to be common on my server I just decided to turn it off.

This happened to our ext server as well. New Chinese tribe on the server, 2 weeks in, starts teleporting corrupted gigas around. They had a teleporter with a second tribe in the giga area but forgot or left the quetzel from their main tribe there. I recorded them standing on the roof of a building that gigas were destroying and my friend made pictures of them stealing from a cracked open base. 

I send in all of the videos and pictures but was told that I need to have a video of them luring the gigas, ''everything could have been just a huge coincidences'' was what I was told and my 2 tickets got closed. Nothing ever happened from all the people that reported them.

I would also like to ask @Cedric and the Moderation team to leave this post up because were else can we discuss matters of the report system that are not going right. If no one points out mistakes nothing will ever change, so please do not close this.

And for everyone posting, do not call out names/servers, keep it civil so we can actually have a thread left open for discussion about such a matter that affects so many!

w/out video evidence , including a quick view of hitting escape to see the actual server the video is from, I'd doubt there's much taht can get done.   Pictures don't tell a good story, and people can act out scenarios and video it on another server.  You'd need to be a pro ark investigator , and noone pays for that, so noone is gonna be a pro at it.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

w/out video evidence , including a quick view of hitting escape to see the actual server the video is from, I'd doubt there's much taht can get done.   Pictures don't tell a good story, and people can act out scenarios and video it on another server.  You'd need to be a pro ark investigator , and noone pays for that, so noone is gonna be a pro at it.

The devs can verify on the back end whether some things like chat are legit. So don’t underestimate their ability to track down the truth. They just don’t have the desire to spend the man hours on it. 

48 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

TBH I don''t even know how to start to record a video in Ark if that ever happens, if there is a hot key as same as screen shot. 

We have placed velo's and turrents around our teleporter same as most people on our server in case something gets teleported to our base and hoping it would be enough.  

For PS4 it's the same as taking a SS but after hitting share you can save it as a video. Default is last 15 minutes but you can adjust in video playback settings to 60 minutes. If you exit the game before saving it though, it doesn't exist anymore. Makes it difficult to use that if the server is under ddos attack.

11 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

For PS4 it's the same as taking a SS but after hitting share you can save it as a video. Default is last 15 minutes but you can adjust in video playback settings to 60 minutes. If you exit the game before saving it though, it doesn't exist anymore. Makes it difficult to use that if the server is under ddos attack.

I am on PC :) .But Thanks I am sure there is a few other people this will be helpful for 

1 hour ago, Plum28 said:

TBH I don''t even know how to start to record a video in Ark if that ever happens, if there is a hot key as same as screen shot. 

We have placed velo's and turrents around our teleporter same as most people on our server in case something gets teleported to our base and hoping it would be enough.  

Well I can tell you on my server 915 ppl are tp 1-10 giga and tons of other crap at one time they surrounded  a tp with orp beh gates and are dragging  quite a few corrupt dinos at a time plus some how they can teleport to your base even if your tp is not public  "" a few turrets and velo's will not stop this kind of attack if your teleporter  is close by or in your base

On 9/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, arkark said:

You know nothing then! Theres such a thing as server logs.

Archived