Cryosickness v2.0 - vastly reduce torpor if thrown within base...

Milsurp

Suggestion

Cryosickness v2.0 - vastly reduce torpor if thrown within base...

Deploying mass quantities of dinos close to an enemy's base for PvP assaults would seem to be the main problem cryosickness addresses, but the current 5 minute duration also unfairly hampers defenders and unjustifiably interferes with PvE players as well.

So I propose that if there's x number of foundations within y radius of a player, they get a massive reduction in cryosickness for each dino they throw out. It might even be scalable by the number of foundations, so a FOB could maybe throw two or three out, while a base could throw out 10 before a dino succumbs to the torpor.

For a PvE example, I might need to uncork three dinos so I can go do a specific cave to get an artifact, or I might need to uncork a dozen to do a boss battle when a friend comes on. 5 minutes in between is sheer nonsense for those scenarios, it's literally a time wall before I can go do something for which I've already invested plenty of time to prepare.

And PvP defenders should have the option to uncork an appropriate number and type of dinos to counter an assault that the opposition has had time to build up, otherwise they're at an unfair disadvantage. And for the opposition, if they have time to uncork a full assault at 5 minutes per dino per player, it makes no difference if they can do so 5x or 10x faster, so long as they're at their base location when they do it. You're just getting rid of an unnecessary waste of time for them. (This model also introduces torpor as a PvP combat mechanic, if lots of dinos get put on the field quickly, tranq darts may be able to take some of them out. Rock-paper-scissors anyone?)

I think this V2.0 edition of cryosickness will serve everyone's interests while still addressing the problem it was designed to counter.

Thanks for reading!

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived