Jump to content

HairyNevus

Raptor's dismount ability get buffed?

Recommended Posts

Raptor's dismount ability get buffed?

I don't see this under currently recognized bugs, but I noticed on Aberration I was getting dismounted off my Megalosaurus a lot recently. In all the time I've played on there, I couldn't remember getting dismounted from them before, then a pack managed to dismount me and pin my mega. Pretty sure this is a bug, on the Center I even walked away from my Rex on neutral and saw it was pinned by a raptor. That's a freaking huge buff to an already very annoying dino, so please tell me this is a bug and it can get fixed. 

 

EDIT: I know this source isn't always accurate, but: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Raptor lists the dinos raptors can dismount you from, and pin. Neither Rex nor Megalosaurus are on either list. 

Edited by HairyNevus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a bug. It would be hilarious if WC actually added this to make Raptors counter the lategame creatures like titans and gigas...

From what I know, the raptor has been bugged for some while. They can pull you off your mount without even pouncing. You just get dismounted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, you just have to walk by a Raptor and it can dismount you by just being aggro... But I never heard of / experienced them pinning me off a larger creature like a Rex/Spino or even that they can pin large creatures. This needs to be fixed asap! The bug appeared when the dodge roll was introduced but I'd rather have the dodge removed if the Raptors won't be overpowered as they are for now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list shows creatures a Raptor can pin down like riders. A megalo and a rex are not part of these list, because they arent immobilized by the raptor. But it can still pull the rider from a big mount like a rex. It doesnt pin the rex, just the rider. If you are running next to a steep surface, a raptor can even pull you off a Giga, as long as it can reach you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea they can dismount you from whatever if they have the Angle but there is a bug with them pinning the larger creatures (I actually prefer if they pin the creature so I can pike them) and them not even needing to do a real pounce anymore. They just get close and you or you're creature is pinned. That's a pain for when you swoop in to pick them with an Argy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

there is a bug with them pinning the larger creatures

I didn't experience this bug, true that I haven't played a lot lately (mainly lurking the forums while working on other screens these days) so probably why.. but I've tested just now by spawning about 50 Raptors, and they were unable to pin my Rex. Is there specific creatures/context for it to happens or is it random?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I didn't experience this bug, true that I haven't played a lot lately (mainly lurking the forums while working on other screens these days) so probably why.. but I've tested just now by spawning about 50 Raptors, and they were unable to pin my Rex. Is there specific creatures/context for it to happens or is it random?

I haven't had it happen on a Rex.

For me it's happened to Argy, Owl, and Megalosaurus.

The change is (for me),  wild raptors never pinned the creature before. They always just pinned the rider. Since the introduction of the dodge, however, it's 50/50 whether they pin you or your mount and some of the mounts pinned aren't on the pin list. I'll try to snap a screenshot the next time it happens.

Overall, I don't think it's a big deal (though the pin animation looks ridiculous, lol) but it still feels like a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Yea they can dismount you from whatever if they have the Angle but there is a bug with them pinning the larger creatures (I actually prefer if they pin the creature so I can pike them) and them not even needing to do a real pounce anymore. They just get close and you or you're creature is pinned. That's a pain for when you swoop in to pick them with an Argy.

You mean like flying with a ptera through a group of raptors and you just dismount for no reason and then getting killed because one raptor pinned you, while the other three raptors are hammering on you until they break your armor and you cant even whistle attack my target to defend yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueberryJackal said:

You mean like flying with a ptera through a group of raptors and you just dismount for no reason and then getting killed because one raptor pinned you, while the other three raptors are hammering on you until they break your armor and you cant even whistle attack my target to defend yourself?

You could never whistle attack since they introduced the raptor pounce. The pin and gang up is intended too. They also should be able to dismount you from a Ptera or pin the ptera.

However, the dismount without a proper pounce is the issue. That's the bug.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You could never whistle attack since they introduced the raptor pounce. The pin and gang up is intended too. They also should be able to dismount you from a Ptera or pin the ptera.

However, the dismount without a proper pounce is the issue. That's the bug.

And thats what i mean. Flying with my ptera, trying to kill some raptors and just get dismounted, like the ptera flew against a wall with high speed and instantely lost consciousness. Its so fricking annoying. Raptors are even deadlier than a giga or wyverns, just because of their spawning frequency in beginner areas, as well as their speed and incredible high damage output. And the unnecessary bug.

Edited by BlueberryJackal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is since the update with the additional dodge that they do this.  It used to be, pounce --> dismount --> pin --> melee.  Since the update giving us the opportunity to "dodge" the pounce, it is dismount --> try dodge --> pounce --> pin --> melee.  When the "pounce" event sequence starts, the first thing that happens is, the Raptor stands flat on the ground, and dismounts you with its strong mental will.  Then about 1 second after its mind dismounts you, it pounces.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

It is since the update with the additional dodge that they do this.  It used to be, pounce --> dismount --> pin --> melee.  Since the update giving us the opportunity to "dodge" the pounce, it is dismount --> try dodge --> pounce --> pin --> melee.  When the "pounce" event sequence starts, the first thing that happens is, the Raptor stands flat on the ground, and dismounts you with its strong mental will.  Then about 1 second after its mind dismounts you, it pounces.

What next, pegomastax rob you with telekinetic powers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...