I've been away for a while. What did I miss?

prodigy1202

Hey there everybody. I'm a pretty big fan of ark and have a bit over 300 hours logged in the game, but since I've gone to college I didn't have room for my PS4 in my room. That's led to me being absent from the game for almost exactly a year now. I've been trying to keep up with the Community Crunches and it looks like the community;s thriving which is good to see. So I'm aware of the grand-scale stuff. Valguero looks super cool and I'm THRILLED that they FINALLY added another actual dinosaur in the form of Deinonychus. I'm also aware of the Genesis season pass and am happy that they're doing it. Are there any smaller-scale updates that I missed? Content additions? Bug fixes? Is it finally a safe bet to transfer a character and dinos between maps?

20 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

Hey there everybody. I'm a pretty big fan of ark and have a bit over 300 hours logged in the game, but since I've gone to college I didn't have room for my PS4 in my room. That's led to me being absent from the game for almost exactly a year now. I've been trying to keep up with the Community Crunches and it looks like the community;s thriving which is good to see. So I'm aware of the grand-scale stuff. Valguero looks super cool and I'm THRILLED that they FINALLY added another actual dinosaur in the form of Deinonychus. I'm also aware of the Genesis season pass and am happy that they're doing it. Are there any smaller-scale updates that I missed? Content additions? Bug fixes? Is it finally a safe bet to transfer a character and dinos between maps?

It is probably a little safer than it used to be but still a risk to move characters at least. I have moved dinos between maps a few times, with the introduction of cryopods it is much easier too. Also, if you weren't aware the kibble is different now, instead of different species of kibbles (anky kibble, rex kibble, dilo kibble, etc) there is now grades of kibble (regular, exceptional, extraordinary, etc).  

5 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

It is probably a little safer than it used to be but still a risk to move characters at least. I have moved dinos between maps a few times, with the introduction of cryopods it is much easier too. Also, if you weren't aware the kibble is different now, instead of different species of kibbles (anky kibble, rex kibble, dilo kibble, etc) there is now grades of kibble (regular, exceptional, extraordinary, etc).  

Yeah, thankfully I haven't built a kibble farm yet, so that didn't affect me much.

If you're the type of person that says they never have good timing then your bad streak has ended my friend because PS4 transfers were disabled for over a month and were finally fixed just the other day, so you have timed things VERY well if you're rejoining ARK on PS4 lol. Several members of my tribe have created alt accounts that are dedicated to each server we're on just in case it happens again, we would have been screwed in various ways if I wasn't a weirdo that starts a new character on every server I join lol.

7 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

Yeah, thankfully I haven't built a kibble farm yet, so that didn't affect me much.

The nice thing about Valguero and the deinos is that their eggs can make extraordinary kibble, which is the top tier kibble and can be used to tame any dino and for any imprint so you really don't need a kibble farm anymore if you don't want to mess with one. You just have to learn where the deino nests are and make the rounds on a regular basis and you'll be set, they respawn so fast as well it's great. That being said my tribe still keeps our argies out for metal runs and the like so we have lots of superior kibble as well so we don't cut into the extraordinary kibble as often...plus Megatherium are my addiction so yeah lol

Overall welcome back to Ark man ?

Archived