Scorched Earth Remake

Scribelord

Suggestion

Scorched Earth Remake

Creature updates: there are 7 creatures that I think deserve some new things and while some people may not agree with these I think it'll be helpful to keep them unique with the brand new creatures in the remake and these are in order of most important to least important.

1.The Phoenix should have improved stats since it's so hard to get and could use abit of a remodel maybe with the ability to land.

2.Lymantria attacks should have a torpor effect so that they could be fantastic for helping knock out creatures or on raids by carpet bombing your enemies with torpor gas, maybe abit of a remodel would be good as well to make them abit more thin with more detailed faces and wings.

3.Deathworms could use abit of a new model update like it getting a mouth like in the Scorched Earth cover art and it could always be visible with it occasionally roaring and maybe a Electricity AoE ability that damages unless you either get out of the electricity field, are flying, or jump onto something like a rock and the alpha deathworm would have the largest electricity AoE radius, they should have a fear roar ability where they can cause creatures to flee (they could cause all but the strongest creatures to flee in fear) and the Alpha Deathworm would scare away all tames but the Giganotosaurus, Reaper King, Titanosaur, Sandworms, Minotaurs and the 3 Titans.

4.Lightning Wyverns should gain a buff when theres electricity storms it gains a stronger larger breath attack and goes into a supercharged state with electricity surging around it, it should also have a tek variation instead of the Fire and Poison Wyverns and shock darts/stun rods should heal them slightly.

5.Poison Wyverns should be resistant to torpor damage and have a buff where overtime poison will build up and when it does the push back with its wings it'll push out poison gas that'll deal torpor for a short time before evaporating.

6.Fire Wyverns should be partially immune to all fire damage not just other wyverns but fire weapons and the Phoenix as well and the Alphas should be immune entirely.

7.The Manticore boss should have afew quality of life design improvements to better match its boss hologram maybe abit of a stat boost too since the Manticore is so frail compared to the other bosses before it despite looking the most intimidating (at least 1/3rd stronger).

New Creatures: There are a total of 5 new creatures and 4 new variations that I think could be added that fit into the general theme of the expansion and be exclusive to scorched earth and I picked them based on the general theme and what felt like would fit into the expansion without being out of place, ontop of that 3 of the creatures are mini bosses similarly to the Iceworm Queen, Lava Golem and Spirit Animals on Ragnarok.

1.The Minotaur would be the Giga of Scorched Earth and give Scorched Earth a creature that can compete with the Giga and Reapers and lore wise just to show it, it could "battle" a Deathworm but it rips it out of the ground and bashes it to death, stat wise it could battle a wild Giga it would be weaker but it would definitely put up a fight and it wouldn't really rely on any buffs like the gigas bleed damage or the Reapers defense buff it would just be insanely strong physically and tough and hit like a freight train completely ignoring armor buffs including saddles and break armor quicker, it would have a body somewhat like a werewolf with no form of cloths or ability to speak like a steryotypical Minotaur and no weapons like battle axes like the Pixark version it would just punch, stomp and charge things to death, it would charge getting on all fours similarly to the Dragon boss and charges destroying any natural obstacle in it's way like rocks and damaging creatures/structures and it would pick up speed the longer it charges, it should definitely be capable of destroying metal but maybe not tek, size wise the normal one would be slightly smaller than a Mek, it would also have a special mini boss variation that would be the dungeon boss of a updated Ruins of Nosti cave called the Ancient Minotaur that would be slightly larger than a Mek but smaller than the Hydra. This variation lore wise is battle damaged from fighting the characters within scorched earth's story as it constantly hunted them down throughout and battled other creatures native to scorched earth so its scarred and damaged looking, stronger, and larger than a normal Minotaur (basically a Alpha Minotaur) and due to the base Minotaur already being very powerful it wouldn't have any minions during the fight, it could also have a trophy head like the Deathworm and Wyverns.

2.The Hydra would be the second new mini boss which would appear in a brand new dungeon I've called the Catacomb of Serpents that begins from the hole in the Coliseum city that in the remake would be open. Its lair would be a area in the dungeon filled with alot of water and it would have 3 attacks, the first is a basic bite attack that deals torpor damage, second would be a spread poison breath attack having the spread damage of a Fire/Ice Wyvern but does torpor damage like a Poison Wyvern, and the final is a attack where all of its heads do the spread poison breath attack making a massive cloud of poison infront of it that would tear through health, it could also summon Titanoboa as minions maybe too or not, size wise it would be the tallest and the longest of the 3 mini bosses, It also could have a trophy like the Minotaur where it's the base of the necks with all the heads sticking out.

3.Cockatrice would be a new creature that when ridden would reduce the heat by one heat level, so let's say your in super heat when riding it, it would reduce it to heat or heat to warm and etc so it would definitely be a creature your going to want to tame eventually.

4.Gargoyles would be a creature that will roam around the map at night Similarly to troodon but you can find them in caves often, they could fly and walk around and maybe be a passive tame where you'd have to tame it with cementing paste, size wise they would be as tall as a Gigantopithecus with the wingspan of a Pteranodon and long tail and have a weaker version of the reduced physical damage buff that the Rock Elementals have so basically weaker and smaller but easier to get rock elementals that can fly.

5.Scarabs will ALWAYS be found in dungeons especially the old tunnels and will be one of if not the smallest creatures in ark, they will be extremely frail however they come in large packs and deal alot of damage so using a weapon like a flamethrower would be extremely useful against them, they cannot be tamed and they have the third and final miniboss for the expansion remake, a Scarab Queen that's extremely tough, can fly, and summon her legion of Scarabs to attack you, you can fight her in the revamped Old Tunnels cave, size wise she is the smallest of the mini bosses being 1/3rd smaller than the Broodmother in height but noticeably longer maybe around a Broodmother and a half long. Like the other mini bosses it could also have a trophy.

6.Sandworms could be a special Deathworm variant that instead of burrow under the ground could slither around and attack (basically a Iceworm Male reskin but slithers around now and could have a similar model and animations to the Basilisk model with afew differences like the mouth animations, afew idle animations, and attack animations, they could be tamable unlike the normal deathworms.), they would obviously be weaker, smaller and easier to kill but would definitely be cool since in the cover art I linked to this page shows a deathworm doing that, as well as that the AoE electricity ability would also be nice on them (bite attack, Electric Field attack and a Roar ability) the Roar ability would debuff creatures up to things like Rex's and brontos however it wouldn't make them run in fear like the yutyrannus, the Deathworms, Alpha Deathworms, and the Iceworm Queen.

8.Alpha Mantis because I feel like the Mantis is one of the more memorable creatures from Scorched Earth and deserves a Alpha alongside the Wyverns and Deathworms.

Map: the map could use abit of a TLC and could use afew brand new/updated locations in the list below

1.Remade old tunnels cave

2.Remade Ruins of Nosti cave

3.Remade Manticore City/Coliseum 

4.The Catacomb of Serpents (Coliseum/manticore city dungeon)

And add afew other areas if you think they need anymore in a comment below

Items: I think they could add something along the lines of maybe eight a Tek land vehicle (think immortal engines if you've seen that movie) that could act similarly to the raft where you can build on it, quite afew people want a tek wyvern saddle, tek water irrigation, tek forge and etc.

And I think with the remake they should add the ascension everyone's been wanting, personally how I would execute it is after beating the manticore the player would start to ascend but since you'd be ascending to a broken ark obviously it wouldn't work so well so instead of being like the island the survivor starts seeing flashes showing areas of aberration like the radiation zone, the teleportation device in the entrance of aberration, a ground view of the broken obelisk from the surface and afew other things before cutting to black instead of showing the survivor on aberration.

Also when you beat the manticore you should gain plus 5 levels like in the island map and aberration.

Realistically people wouldn't suddenly just take breaks they would keep training and getting stronger plus it'll allow players to get more things from the expansions instead of being limited, same with extinction.

Finally I touched up on it abit in the deathworm/sandworm descriptions but I want to talk about the Iceworms abit.

They should still burrow unlike the sandworms and be untamable still however they can still inflict the roar debuff and instead of the Electricity AoE they could do a Nitrogen Mist AoE which slows down tames/players and damages them.

The Iceworm Queen however will have that but with the ability to freeze players and tames similarly to the Ice Titan and it would have the normal fear roar ability to scare away creatures and not just the debuff ability.

For creatures I think the list is pretty strong but if you feel like there's anything that should be in there for items, revamped/new areas, and creatures then add it into a comment below.

1280px-Scorched-earth-10.jpg

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

56 replies to this server topic

On 9/17/2019 at 9:02 PM, Frostbite128 said:

Your probably right but i guess we won't know for sure until both parts are out

I feel like I thought of the perfect creatures to add Into scorched earth that can be exclusive alongside the Phoenix.

1.minotaur (my personal favorite of this list, the giga of scorched earth and to just show how stupidly powerful it is I feel like in a dossier they should have it "fight" a deathworm but it rips it straight out of the ground and bashes it to death and to make it even more terrifying it should charge like the dragon boss on all fours because lets be honest alot of people would probably crap their pants at the sight of a monster the size of a mek getting on all fours and charging at you picking up speed as it goes and just bulldozing anything in its path basically killing almost everything instantly.)

2.cockatrice (just a small creatures that could either be a shoulder mount kind of creature or a small rideable creature similarly to the mantis.)

3.gargoyles (could move around at night similarly to troodon and be found in artifact caves mostly flying or walking around.)

4.scarabs (just imagine a swarm of flesh eating scarabs coming at you in the artifact caves or really caves in general and they probably shouldn't be tamable.)

14 hours ago, Frostbite128 said:

While i agree ascension cinematics require a lot of work, that doesn't mean people wouldn't come back to it.

What they could do is add some tek cave that requires Manticore trophy as well as every other SE trophy and then have it where you then go to the overseer platform but it transforms into the manticore and then maybe some big hyrda that has all the wyverns breath attacks, and then you get an extra 15 levels therfore getting a nice cap of 150.

They could also add a few new tek engrams to SE like the tek wyvern saddle and myabe some tek irrigation that pulls water from the air or something.

Wildcard *tried* to make scorched earth relevant again after Ragnaork by adding in the pheonix but it turned out being pretty useless.

I'm not dissagreeing with you on this topic, i definitely think a total remake of scorched earth would absolutely bring more people back to the what otherwise is the odd dlc out, although considering wildcard doesn't even want to spend resources into a ascension cinematic just so scorched earth actually fits in line with the story properly, going on from that i highly doubt we would ever see a scorched earth ascension let alone an entire remake of the dlc.

But hey you never know Wildcard might surprise us (Probably won't).

I sent a email to them to explain why it should happen

They should do it for all the fans that have stuck with the game over the years as a present similarly to how the Phoenix was a present to the fans for scorched earth 

Plus if they don't do it alot of people will have trust issues with ark 2

Also I see the hydra idea alot but I'm not 100% on it being a ascension boss in scorched 

I do think if they made a separate second boss arena like an oasis that would be fantastic though 

While I do think it would be extremely cool I feel like it wouldn't be on scorched earth unless it had it's own arena or was a mini boss in a dungeon since I think of the hydra as a water creature at least personally.

Maybe the hole in the Coliseum could open up in the remake and it could be a mini boss kind of like the iceworm queen or the lava golem in a new artifact dungeon.

Also I feel like they wouldn't do the breath thing because of the hydra in atlas but I think a hydra would still be extremely cool to have 

Maybe it could spit out poison kind of like the poison wyverns and have a torpor inducing bite attack.

Either that or have wild hydras on the map around the few places with water would be great and I would absolutely love that, it would basically be the spino of scorched earth and I think the minotaur should be the guardian for the ascension kind of like the giga on the island 

It wouldn't be like a steryotypical minotaur with cloth and talks but instead massive around the size of a mek with zero sort of cloths on it and a body kind of like a werewolf where it's very broad but not "fat" and seeing it run at you in this weird four legged run kind of like how werewolves run would be terrifying 

On 9/21/2019 at 4:37 AM, Scribelord said:

Scorched Earth Remake

Creature updates: there are 6 creatures that I think deserve some new things and while some people may not agree with these I think it'll be helpful to keep them unique with the brand new creatures in the remake and these are in order of most important to least important.

1.The Phoenix should have improved stats since it's so hard to get and could use abit of a remodel maybe with the ability to land.

2.Lymantria attacks should have a torpor effect so that they could be fantastic for helping knock out creatures or raids, maybe abit of a remodel would be good as well to make them abit more thin with more detailed faces and wings.

3.Lightning Wyverns should gain a buff when theres electricity storms it gains a stronger larger breath attack and goes into a supercharged state with electricity surging around it, it should also have a tek variation instead of the fire and poison wyverns and shock darts/stun rods should heal them slightly.

4.Poison Wyverns should be resistant to torpor damage and have a buff where overtime poison will build up and when it does the push back with its wings it'll push out poison gas that'll deal torpor for a short time before evaporating.

5.Fire Wyverns should be partially immune to fire damage and the alphas should be immune entirely.

6.The Manticore boss should have afew quality of life design improvements to better match its boss hologram maybe abit of a stat boost too since the manticore is so frail compared to the other bosses before it despite looking the most intimidating.

New Creatures: There are a total of 5 new creatures and 2 variations that I think could be added that fit into the general theme of the expansion and be exclusive to scorched earth and I picked them based on the general theme and what felt like would fit into the expansion without being out of place ontop of that 3 of the creatures are mini bosses similarly to the iceworm queen lava golem and spirit animals on ragnarok.

1.The Minotaur would be the giga of scorched earth and give scorched earth a creature that can compete with the giga and reaper queen and lore wise just to show it, it could "battle" a deathworm but it rips it out of the ground and bashes it to death, stat wise it could battle a wild giga it would be weaker but it would definitely put up a fight and it would really rely on any buffs like the gigas bleed damage or the reaper queens defense buff it would just be insanely strong physically and tough and hit like a freight train completely ignoring armor buffs including saddles and break armor quicker, it would have a body somewhat like a werewolf with no form of cloths or ability to speak like a steryotypical minotaur and no weapons like battle axes like the Pixark version it would just punch, stomp and charge things to death, it would charge getting on all fours similarly to the dragon boss and charges destroying any natural obstacle in it's way like rocks and damaging creatures/structures and it would pick up speed the longer it charges, size wise the normal one would be slightly smaller than a mek, it would also have a special mini boss variation that would be the dungeon boss of a updated ruins of nosti cave called the Ancient Minotaur that would be slightly larger than a mek but smaller than the hydra. This variation lore wise is battle damaged from fighting the characters within scorched earth's story as it constantly hunted them down throughout and battled other creatures native to scorched earth so its scarred and damaged looking, stronger, and larger than a normal Minotaur (basically a Alpha Minotaur) and due to the base minotaur already being very powerful it wouldn't have any minions during the fight, it could also have a trophy head like the Deathworm and Wyverns.

2.The Hydra would be the second new mini boss which would appear in a brand new dungeon that begins from the hole in the Coliseum city that in the remake would be open. Its lair would be a area in the dungeon filled with alot of water and it would have 3 attacks, the first is a basic bite attack that deals torpor damage, second would be a spread poison breath attack having the spread damage of a Fire/Ice Wyvern but does torpor damage like a Poison Wyvern, and the final is a attack where all of its heads do the spread poison breath attack making a massive cloud of poison infront of it that would tear through health, it could also summon titanoboa as minions maybe too, size wise it would be the tallest and the longest of the 3 mini bosses, It also could have a trophy like the Minotaur where it's the base of the necks with all the heads sticking out.

3.Cockatrice would be a new creature that when either put on your shoulder/ridden would reduce the heat by one heat level, so let's say your in super heat when you have one on you/riding it, it would reduce it to heat or heat to warm and etc so it would definitely be a creature your going to want to tame eventually.

4.Gargoyles would be a creature that will roam around the map at night Similarly to troodon but you can find them in caves often, they could fly and walk around and maybe be a passive tame where you'd have to tame it with cementing paste, size wise they would be as tall as a Gigantopithecus with the wingspan of a Pteranodon and long tail and have a weaker version of the reduced physical damage buff that the Rock Elementals have.

5.Scarabs will ALWAYS be found in dungeons especially the old tunnels and will be one of if not the smallest creatures, they will be extremely frail however they come in large packs and deal alot of damage so using a weapon like a flamethrower would be extremely useful against them, they cannot be tamed and they have the third and final miniboss for the expansion remake, a Scarab Queen that's extremely tough, can fly, and summon her legion of Scarabs to attack you, you can fight her in the revamped old tunnel cave, size wise she is the smallest of the mini bosses being 2/3rds smaller than the Broodmother in height but noticeably longer maybe around a broodmother and a half long. Like the other mini bosses it could also have a trophy.

Map: the map could use abit of a TLC and could use afew brand new/updated locations in the list below

1.Remade old tunnels cave

2.Remade Ruins of Nosti cave

3.Remade Manticore City/Coliseum 

4.brand new Coliseum tunnel dungeon

And add afew other areas if you think they need anymore in a comment below

Items: I think they could add something along the lines of maybe a Tek helicopter since we have a tek ATV, quite afew people want a tek wyvern saddle, tek water irrigation, tek forge and etc,

And I think with the remake they should add the ascension everyone's been wanting, personally how I would execute it is after beating the manticore the player would start to ascend but since you'd be ascending to a broken ark obviously it wouldn't work so well so instead of being like the island the survivor starts seeing flashes showing areas of aberration like the radiation zone, the teleportation device in the entrance of aberration, a ground view of the broken obelisk from the surface and afew other things before cutting to black instead of showing the survivor on aberration.

Also when you beat the manticore you should gain plus 5 levels like in the island map and aberration 

Realistically people wouldn't suddenly just take breaks they would keep training and getting stronger plus it'll allow players to get more things from the expansions instead of being limited, same with extinction.

For creatures I think the list is pretty strong but if you feel like there's anything that should be in there for items, revamped/new areas, and creatures then add it into a comment below.

i do like these, also fire wyverns are already immune to each others breath attacks.

I think the Lymantria should also passively produce silk

On 9/12/2019 at 1:22 AM, Scribelord said:

Maybe not a tek saddle but a tek wyvern instead

A tek wyvern would look badass and now that you mention it it would be cool if every DLC had 1 tek version creature

I think tek reapers would be cool looking or a tek basilisk karkinos or rock drake but personally I'd really like a tek reaper version

And for extinction a tek managarmr or velonasaur would be pretty cool

Also I think they should add a tek cave but maybe not a overseer just to keep it exclusive to the base game and you'd have to fight your way through the cave to ascend with all 3 boss trophies if they did add it my picks for the 2 new bosses are a cyclops which would I would make it the halfway point from a bipedal spinosaurus and a giga in size*blue obelisk* with mantis/vulture minions, and a giant centipede boss as long as a rex or giga *green obelisk* maybe with meganeura minions for the centipede

Maybe I'd put the minotaur as a world boss in the tek cave just as a final obstacle and it would basically be similar to how the giga was in the island cave and it would add a cool new huge creature

I do like these ideas alot, i personally think a hydra boss would be cooler with it having all the breath attacks of the wyverns.

and then maybe some minions like mantis, arthros and even wyverns

Archived