Scorched Earth Remake

Scribelord

Suggestion

Scorched Earth Remake

Creature updates: there are 7 creatures that I think deserve some new things and while some people may not agree with these I think it'll be helpful to keep them unique with the brand new creatures in the remake and these are in order of most important to least important.

1.The Phoenix should have improved stats since it's so hard to get and could use abit of a remodel maybe with the ability to land.

2.Lymantria attacks should have a torpor effect so that they could be fantastic for helping knock out creatures or on raids by carpet bombing your enemies with torpor gas, maybe abit of a remodel would be good as well to make them abit more thin with more detailed faces and wings.

3.Deathworms could use abit of a new model update like it getting a mouth like in the Scorched Earth cover art and it could always be visible with it occasionally roaring and maybe a Electricity AoE ability that damages unless you either get out of the electricity field, are flying, or jump onto something like a rock and the alpha deathworm would have the largest electricity AoE radius, they should have a fear roar ability where they can cause creatures to flee (they could cause all but the strongest creatures to flee in fear) and the Alpha Deathworm would scare away all tames but the Giganotosaurus, Reaper King, Titanosaur, Sandworms, Minotaurs and the 3 Titans.

4.Lightning Wyverns should gain a buff when theres electricity storms it gains a stronger larger breath attack and goes into a supercharged state with electricity surging around it, it should also have a tek variation instead of the Fire and Poison Wyverns and shock darts/stun rods should heal them slightly.

5.Poison Wyverns should be resistant to torpor damage and have a buff where overtime poison will build up and when it does the push back with its wings it'll push out poison gas that'll deal torpor for a short time before evaporating.

6.Fire Wyverns should be partially immune to all fire damage not just other wyverns but fire weapons and the Phoenix as well and the Alphas should be immune entirely.

7.The Manticore boss should have afew quality of life design improvements to better match its boss hologram maybe abit of a stat boost too since the Manticore is so frail compared to the other bosses before it despite looking the most intimidating (at least 1/3rd stronger).

New Creatures: There are a total of 5 new creatures and 4 new variations that I think could be added that fit into the general theme of the expansion and be exclusive to scorched earth and I picked them based on the general theme and what felt like would fit into the expansion without being out of place, ontop of that 3 of the creatures are mini bosses similarly to the Iceworm Queen, Lava Golem and Spirit Animals on Ragnarok.

1.The Minotaur would be the Giga of Scorched Earth and give Scorched Earth a creature that can compete with the Giga and Reapers and lore wise just to show it, it could "battle" a Deathworm but it rips it out of the ground and bashes it to death, stat wise it could battle a wild Giga it would be weaker but it would definitely put up a fight and it wouldn't really rely on any buffs like the gigas bleed damage or the Reapers defense buff it would just be insanely strong physically and tough and hit like a freight train completely ignoring armor buffs including saddles and break armor quicker, it would have a body somewhat like a werewolf with no form of cloths or ability to speak like a steryotypical Minotaur and no weapons like battle axes like the Pixark version it would just punch, stomp and charge things to death, it would charge getting on all fours similarly to the Dragon boss and charges destroying any natural obstacle in it's way like rocks and damaging creatures/structures and it would pick up speed the longer it charges, it should definitely be capable of destroying metal but maybe not tek, size wise the normal one would be slightly smaller than a Mek, it would also have a special mini boss variation that would be the dungeon boss of a updated Ruins of Nosti cave called the Ancient Minotaur that would be slightly larger than a Mek but smaller than the Hydra. This variation lore wise is battle damaged from fighting the characters within scorched earth's story as it constantly hunted them down throughout and battled other creatures native to scorched earth so its scarred and damaged looking, stronger, and larger than a normal Minotaur (basically a Alpha Minotaur) and due to the base Minotaur already being very powerful it wouldn't have any minions during the fight, it could also have a trophy head like the Deathworm and Wyverns.

2.The Hydra would be the second new mini boss which would appear in a brand new dungeon I've called the Catacomb of Serpents that begins from the hole in the Coliseum city that in the remake would be open. Its lair would be a area in the dungeon filled with alot of water and it would have 3 attacks, the first is a basic bite attack that deals torpor damage, second would be a spread poison breath attack having the spread damage of a Fire/Ice Wyvern but does torpor damage like a Poison Wyvern, and the final is a attack where all of its heads do the spread poison breath attack making a massive cloud of poison infront of it that would tear through health, it could also summon Titanoboa as minions maybe too or not, size wise it would be the tallest and the longest of the 3 mini bosses, It also could have a trophy like the Minotaur where it's the base of the necks with all the heads sticking out.

3.Cockatrice would be a new creature that when ridden would reduce the heat by one heat level, so let's say your in super heat when riding it, it would reduce it to heat or heat to warm and etc so it would definitely be a creature your going to want to tame eventually.

4.Gargoyles would be a creature that will roam around the map at night Similarly to troodon but you can find them in caves often, they could fly and walk around and maybe be a passive tame where you'd have to tame it with cementing paste, size wise they would be as tall as a Gigantopithecus with the wingspan of a Pteranodon and long tail and have a weaker version of the reduced physical damage buff that the Rock Elementals have so basically weaker and smaller but easier to get rock elementals that can fly.

5.Scarabs will ALWAYS be found in dungeons especially the old tunnels and will be one of if not the smallest creatures in ark, they will be extremely frail however they come in large packs and deal alot of damage so using a weapon like a flamethrower would be extremely useful against them, they cannot be tamed and they have the third and final miniboss for the expansion remake, a Scarab Queen that's extremely tough, can fly, and summon her legion of Scarabs to attack you, you can fight her in the revamped Old Tunnels cave, size wise she is the smallest of the mini bosses being 1/3rd smaller than the Broodmother in height but noticeably longer maybe around a Broodmother and a half long. Like the other mini bosses it could also have a trophy.

6.Sandworms could be a special Deathworm variant that instead of burrow under the ground could slither around and attack (basically a Iceworm Male reskin but slithers around now and could have a similar model and animations to the Basilisk model with afew differences like the mouth animations, afew idle animations, and attack animations, they could be tamable unlike the normal deathworms.), they would obviously be weaker, smaller and easier to kill but would definitely be cool since in the cover art I linked to this page shows a deathworm doing that, as well as that the AoE electricity ability would also be nice on them (bite attack, Electric Field attack and a Roar ability) the Roar ability would debuff creatures up to things like Rex's and brontos however it wouldn't make them run in fear like the yutyrannus, the Deathworms, Alpha Deathworms, and the Iceworm Queen.

8.Alpha Mantis because I feel like the Mantis is one of the more memorable creatures from Scorched Earth and deserves a Alpha alongside the Wyverns and Deathworms.

Map: the map could use abit of a TLC and could use afew brand new/updated locations in the list below

1.Remade old tunnels cave

2.Remade Ruins of Nosti cave

3.Remade Manticore City/Coliseum 

4.The Catacomb of Serpents (Coliseum/manticore city dungeon)

And add afew other areas if you think they need anymore in a comment below

Items: I think they could add something along the lines of maybe eight a Tek land vehicle (think immortal engines if you've seen that movie) that could act similarly to the raft where you can build on it, quite afew people want a tek wyvern saddle, tek water irrigation, tek forge and etc.

And I think with the remake they should add the ascension everyone's been wanting, personally how I would execute it is after beating the manticore the player would start to ascend but since you'd be ascending to a broken ark obviously it wouldn't work so well so instead of being like the island the survivor starts seeing flashes showing areas of aberration like the radiation zone, the teleportation device in the entrance of aberration, a ground view of the broken obelisk from the surface and afew other things before cutting to black instead of showing the survivor on aberration.

Also when you beat the manticore you should gain plus 5 levels like in the island map and aberration.

Realistically people wouldn't suddenly just take breaks they would keep training and getting stronger plus it'll allow players to get more things from the expansions instead of being limited, same with extinction.

Finally I touched up on it abit in the deathworm/sandworm descriptions but I want to talk about the Iceworms abit.

They should still burrow unlike the sandworms and be untamable still however they can still inflict the roar debuff and instead of the Electricity AoE they could do a Nitrogen Mist AoE which slows down tames/players and damages them.

The Iceworm Queen however will have that but with the ability to freeze players and tames similarly to the Ice Titan and it would have the normal fear roar ability to scare away creatures and not just the debuff ability.

For creatures I think the list is pretty strong but if you feel like there's anything that should be in there for items, revamped/new areas, and creatures then add it into a comment below.

1280px-Scorched-earth-10.jpg

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

56 replies to this server topic

19 hours ago, Scribelord said:

I think they should remake scorched earth with new creatures, dossiers, updated prettier areas on the map, the ascension everyone's been wanting and new creatures that I've separated into another comment

As much as i would love this to happen i'm afraid wildcard will probably never do this, we would be lucky to get an ascensionn let lone an entire remake of scorched earth.

13 hours ago, Scribelord said:

I feel like I thought of the perfect creatures to add Into scorched earth that can be exclusive alongside the Phoenix.

1.minotaur (my personal favorite of this list, the giga of scorched earth and to just show how stupidly powerful it is I feel like in a dossier they should have it "fight" a deathworm but it rips it straight out of the ground and bashes it to death and to make it even more terrifying it should charge like the dragon boss on all fours because lets be honest alot of people would probably crap their pants at the sight of a monster the size of a mek getting on all fours and charging at you picking up speed as it goes and just bulldozing anything in its path basically killing almost everything instantly.)

2.cockatrice (just a small creatures that could either be a shoulder mount kind of creature or a small rideable creature similarly to the mantis.)

3.gargoyles (could move around at night similarly to troodon and be found in artifact caves mostly flying or walking around.)

4.scarabs (just imagine a swarm of flesh eating scarabs coming at you in the artifact caves or really caves in general and they probably shouldn't be tamable.)

I like this idea, especially the scarab. 

On 9/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, Frostbite128 said:

While i agree ascension cinematics require a lot of work, that doesn't mean people wouldn't come back to it.

What they could do is add some tek cave that requires Manticore trophy as well as every other SE trophy and then have it where you then go to the overseer platform but it transforms into the manticore and then maybe some big hyrda that has all the wyverns breath attacks, and then you get an extra 15 levels therfore getting a nice cap of 150.

They could also add a few new tek engrams to SE like the tek wyvern saddle and myabe some tek irrigation that pulls water from the air or something.

Wildcard *tried* to make scorched earth relevant again after Ragnaork by adding in the pheonix but it turned out being pretty useless.

I'm not dissagreeing with you on this topic, i definitely think a total remake of scorched earth would absolutely bring more people back to the what otherwise is the odd dlc out, although considering wildcard doesn't even want to spend resources into a ascension cinematic just so scorched earth actually fits in line with the story properly, going on from that i highly doubt we would ever see a scorched earth ascension let alone an entire remake of the dlc.

But hey you never know Wildcard might surprise us (Probably won't).

I made a brand new suggestions page exclusively for the Remake and added alot of things there that aren't on this page incase you didn't see the last notification.

They're great but never tested enough in both pvp and pve scenarios before the release is main problem and the not seperate rulesets to allow them to nerf were they only need to nerf certain things. If they could get seperate ruleset and play test for months before release and collect realible feedback they should be able to release something not to game breaking ... But probably will be rushed to make company some revenue.... So will probably get cool new things for a bit before nerf hammer when genesis releases.

As suggested by the original author of this post, I thought I would pop in and toss out my two cents for the remake/update to the Scorched Earth Map. 

Personally I have always been a fan of the map, but because of the availability and the ease to find the creatures at a higher level on Ragnarok - I had no reason to continue my game play there. 

As it stands, the only creature you can't get on another map is the Phoenix. And the only thing you can learn on the map are what the notes will teach you.

In order to regain interest in the map, I would make the following suggestions;

• Incorporate new breedable creatures that are not available on other maps. Unique creatures like the Phoenix are fun, but without extending there use with breeding and imprinting, the fun only lasts until the creatures is leveled up and its use is up. So while the Phoenix is fun - the industrial forge and stove cook faster, and they are easier to manage in my opinion. Having a few new creatures to mix things up that aren't on Ragnarok would be a nice way to add life to the game. 
  • Add a map specific achievement to the collection of the notes. Thus far, it is my understanding that beyond wanting them - there is no reason to collect them. Having an achievement to unlock would be a reason to do so. 
  • An ascension. Complete with new levels you can unlock, a new tek engram or two you can learn, and a cut scene to tie it all together.  And yes, I realized that Cedric confirmed on Twitter not to long ago that it won't happen, but that does not mean it should not be suggested if it is something that the players would like to see. The chances may be slim to none- but for those who wish it to happen, it is important to keep the discussion going. 
  • Map Specific Engrams. As it is, everything you can learn on Scorched Earth, you can learn on Ragnarok. Which, in my opinion, is yet another reason to skip the map all together. It would be nice to have a few engrams that are specific to the map added so there is a legitimate reason for needing to use the map. They could be saddles for new creatures added, an updated clothing set that does a bit more for you than just the desert clothing that you can already get on the map - such as higher durability or a few more building items and/or decoratives. 

I think that this list, in combination with those items listed for this suggestion, as some are similar, would be a good way to re-invigorate the map and breathe some life into it. 

I feel like the minotaur would be the final protocol of the Scorched Earth Ark and what I mean by that is the island could have the Giga as this way of "resetting" the Ark if all else fails and killing anything that's throwing off the balance and the same can be applied to the Reapers of Aberration with Rockwell using them as a means to help control the Ark if the balance was ever thrown off, same thing applies for the Minotaur.

Plus considering the story line of scorched earth having the Ancient Minotaur hunt the characters down all over the Ark relentlessly like Mr X from resident evil 2 would make alot of sense and the way they finally get away would be that show of power against the Deathworm and it gets swarmed by them allowing the characters to escape but obviously it survived the encounter but badly wounded afterwards.

Also I think even the final protocol would have a counter to restore the balance (ex: Titanosaur could be used to control the Gigas and in Scorched Earth the Hydra would be the Minotaurs natural enemy and a way of restoring the peace after them by killing the Minotaurs) and in aberration since the Ark is malfunctioning the Ark can still have abit of control over the creatures so the Aberration Ark and Rockwell would be constantly struggling for control. For example the Glow pets, Glowbugs, and Rock Drakes were all created by the Ark to restore order against Rockwell's creations like the nameless and Reapers.

Also these are afew things I was considering but decided to scrap that I've put down here incase anyone thinks differently about it, they are:

1.Minotaur was originally larger but I decided to shrink it down because of the Ancient Minotaur miniboss variation was already rather large and I didn't want it to tower over things like Meks by something like almost twice as large.

2.Deathworm could have gotten a acid spit attack that corrodes armor similarly to Arthropleura.

3.Mantis being able to fly, this is the one I would definitely consider adding  if I had to choose a scrapped feature to add.

4.Cockatrice being a shoulder mount but I decided there was already quite afew shoulder mounts on Scorched Earth so I made it rideable instead.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:50 AM, Ecy said:

I agree too, though perhaps ascension isn't necessary or potentially canonical, if I recall it wasn't exactly a requirement for Helena or Rockwell, either. But SE does need some TLC. If one were to, say, cut the map into 3rd, and throw swaths of dunes that separate the regions surrounding the obi's. Now if you guys make that a separate spawn region from the dunes, say, high dunes (highdunes_c), and have only smaller sandworms spawn in that region, kind of like rubble golems are to rock golems, that could be manageable. And a progressing cave in the center of those tri-strip of dunes that takes you deep down to a lava golem arena. Maybe even a  well hidden progression cave that takes you deep down to a sandworms lair, not unlike the Ice Worm queen, just a desert version. I would probably pay for that TLC, especially if it doubled the size of the map and add e a bit more potential adventures. I picture 3 corridors of dunes that converge at the center of the map. One that runs from North East to center, separating Blue obi from Green obi, be running from the south to center, separating Green obi and Red obi and the 3rd runs from the dunes to the west, to the middle of the map separating red obi from Blue. If I had the appropriate equipment, like a better computer I'd probably take on that project myself lol

I added the sandworm idea to the list but changed afew things for it that I think are better for it like it being a  tamable variant of the deathworm.

50 minutes ago, Frostbite128 said:

1.minotaur (my personal favorite of this list, the giga of scorched earth and to just show how stupidly powerful it is I feel like in a dossier they should have it "fight" a deathworm but it rips it straight out of the ground and bashes it to death and to make it even more terrifying it should charge like the dragon boss on all fours because lets be honest alot of people would probably crap their pants at the sight of a monster the size of a mek getting on all fours and charging at you picking up speed as it goes and just bulldozing anything in its path basically killing almost everything instantly.)

2.cockatrice (just a small creatures that could either be a shoulder mount kind of creature or a small rideable creature similarly to the mantis.)

3.gargoyles (could move around at night similarly to troodon and be found in artifact caves mostly flying or walking around.)

4.scarabs (just imagine a swarm of flesh eating scarabs coming at you in the artifact caves or really caves in general and they probably shouldn't be tamable.)

I think that there should Be Rhino Beetles , Antlions , Scorpionflies.

I agree too, though perhaps ascension isn't necessary or potentially canonical, if I recall it wasn't exactly a requirement for Helena or Rockwell, either. But SE does need some TLC. If one were to, say, cut the map into 3rd, and throw swaths of dunes that separate the regions surrounding the obi's. Now if you guys make that a separate spawn region from the dunes, say, high dunes (highdunes_c), and have only smaller sandworms spawn in that region, kind of like rubble golems are to rock golems, that could be manageable. And a progressing cave in the center of those tri-strip of dunes that takes you deep down to a lava golem arena. Maybe even a  well hidden progression cave that takes you deep down to a sandworms lair, not unlike the Ice Worm queen, just a desert version. I would probably pay for that TLC, especially if it doubled the size of the map and add e a bit more potential adventures. I picture 3 corridors of dunes that converge at the center of the map. One that runs from North East to center, separating Blue obi from Green obi, be running from the south to center, separating Green obi and Red obi and the 3rd runs from the dunes to the west, to the middle of the map separating red obi from Blue. If I had the appropriate equipment, like a better computer I'd probably take on that project myself lol

10 hours ago, Scribelord said:

That's the thing though 

They probably don't do a scorched earth ascension because its alot of work for little payoff

If they did a remake then it would definitely be worth the effort at least imo

While i agree ascension cinematics require a lot of work, that doesn't mean people wouldn't come back to it.

What they could do is add some tek cave that requires Manticore trophy as well as every other SE trophy and then have it where you then go to the overseer platform but it transforms into the manticore and then maybe some big hyrda that has all the wyverns breath attacks, and then you get an extra 15 levels therfore getting a nice cap of 150.

They could also add a few new tek engrams to SE like the tek wyvern saddle and myabe some tek irrigation that pulls water from the air or something.

Wildcard *tried* to make scorched earth relevant again after Ragnaork by adding in the pheonix but it turned out being pretty useless.

I'm not dissagreeing with you on this topic, i definitely think a total remake of scorched earth would absolutely bring more people back to the what otherwise is the odd dlc out, although considering wildcard doesn't even want to spend resources into a ascension cinematic just so scorched earth actually fits in line with the story properly, going on from that i highly doubt we would ever see a scorched earth ascension let alone an entire remake of the dlc.

But hey you never know Wildcard might surprise us (Probably won't).

11 hours ago, Scribelord said:

I've been thinking about this but genesis is probably just the survivors prepping for the next game so it's basically training montage for the survivor

So it doesn't really expand into sequel territory but it also fits perfectly between extinction and ark 2

The thing is though genesis is split into two parts, the first part is us getting prepared with facing challenges and new tests and then part two is probably be going to fight rockwell.

For awhile wildcard thought that extinction was going to be the last major DLC but then i guess later down it's development they thought of genesis. Also in my personal opinion Ark doesn't really need a sequal since it would be the same with gameplay and creatures but probably only the engine will be different, i feel like ark is fine with just getting dlc i can understand ark getting a sequal but personally feel as it doesn't need it. (Just my opinion)

30 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

As suggested by the original author of this post, I thought I would pop in and toss out my two cents for the remake/update to the Scorched Earth Map. 

Personally I have always been a fan of the map, but because of the availability and the ease to find the creatures at a higher level on Ragnarok - I had no reason to continue my game play there. 

As it stands, the only creature you can't get on another map is the Phoenix. And the only thing you can learn on the map are what the notes will teach you.

In order to regain interest in the map, I would make the following suggestions;

• Incorporate new breedable creatures that are not available on other maps. Unique creatures like the Phoenix are fun, but without extending there use with breeding and imprinting, the fun only lasts until the creatures is leveled up and its use is up. So while the Phoenix is fun - the industrial forge and stove cook faster, and they are easier to manage in my opinion. Having a few new creatures to mix things up that aren't on Ragnarok would be a nice way to add life to the game. 
  • Add a map specific achievement to the collection of the notes. Thus far, it is my understanding that beyond wanting them - there is no reason to collect them. Having an achievement to unlock would be a reason to do so. 
  • An ascension. Complete with new levels you can unlock, a new tek engram or two you can learn, and a cut scene to tie it all together.  And yes, I realized that Cedric confirmed on Twitter not to long ago that it won't happen, but that does not mean it should not be suggested if it is something that the players would like to see. The chances may be slim to none- but for those who wish it to happen, it is important to keep the discussion going. 
  • Map Specific Engrams. As it is, everything you can learn on Scorched Earth, you can learn on Ragnarok. Which, in my opinion, is yet another reason to skip the map all together. It would be nice to have a few engrams that are specific to the map added so there is a legitimate reason for needing to use the map. They could be saddles for new creatures added, an updated clothing set that does a bit more for you than just the desert clothing that you can already get on the map - such as higher durability or a few more building items and/or decoratives. 

I think that this list, in combination with those items listed for this suggestion, as some are similar, would be a good way to re-invigorate the map and breathe some life into it. 

I've finished adjusting the page.

Also completely agree.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, Scribelord said:

Scorched earth creature updates

I made this list to make the creatures of scorched earth stand out more since I feel like their typically forgotten and aren't as good as they could be 

1.fire wyvern should be more resistant to fire attacks and the alpha should be immune entirely 

2.lightning wyvern should not be effected by shock darts and anything involving electricity 

3.poison wyvern should have torpor resistance which would make it fantastic for fighting the manticore 

4.phoenix should be the titanosaur of scorched earth and be buffed to be far stronger than what it is now due to it's rarity

5.the lymantria spore attack should deal torpor damage making it a good mount to tame other creatures with 

6.maybe give the manticore afew quality of life design improvements 

4 hours ago, Frostbite128 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Wildcard doesn't realise how much the community wants this, it's the odd map out and just feels out of place in the story.

A scorched earth TLC would be the best thing right now, give SE something Ragnarok doesn't have that isn't the pheonix, it would give people a reason to go onto scorched earth because of new creatures and an acension. 

People want wildcard to breath fire back into scorched earth as people love the map but find it kinda pointless when you can get everything on Ragnarok.

Not gonna lie I would probably say that the idea that we need a wyvern tlc is unecessary. I would say honestly let the tek wyvern saddle come with ascension which should totally be a part of the tlc where we finally have the tek cave and an overseer that acts differently. Maybe it splits into the 4 bosses and then maybe transforms into a hydra that would require players  to shot or use wyvs etc. But thats an idea for ascension with engrams being tek forge, tek binoculars/ tek water source(acts as a watersource anywhere based on tek generator) and of course the dev kit's ek wyvern saddle.  

I don't see a need for a tlc to wyverns outside of what I said but you are right. This rare fire bird can kill wild golems,  but saying that, its more of a pve dino than pvp and gigas do the same job. I think it should be bufffed so that it has higher health and maybe weight casue other stats are fine . 

Moth just needs  a complete update.

As for new thigs,  why not add amphisbaena a mythical two headed winged snake. (Tame mechanic like titanboa and basilisk except with only wyvern , maybe  even add mechanic where they prefer a certain egg that you can tell by a glowy colour) 

I would also say add Ice Wyvs because as helena said, Ice wyverns are in scorched. 

Another guy would be a cockatres who acts like a deinonychus except they have torpor abilities or even spew gas. i know they can do something cool with him. 

A new engram( not that it matters since rag and valguero exist ) the flame turret we all sought which changes the pvp meta and increases start. Add them to a separate grid with a limit of 5 within half that foundation radius of the normal turrets. 

Cerberus  be the best version of a direwolf.

OMG where is a modder this could so happen and show how stupid wildcard is 

1 hour ago, Frostbite128 said:

As much as i would love this to happen i'm afraid wildcard will probably never do this, we would be lucky to get an ascensionn let lone an entire remake of scorched earth.

That's the thing though 

They probably don't do a scorched earth ascension because its alot of work for little payoff

If they did a remake then it would definitely be worth the effort at least imo

2 hours ago, Frostbite128 said:

I like this idea, especially the scarab. 

Also I sent the ideas to wildcard and adjusted afew of them.

The minotaur would completely bypass armor buffs like the rock elementals since it's so stupidly strong.

The cockatrice would give a cooling buff when it's on your shoulders/riding it so let's say your in superheat well it would turn it to heat and if its heat then it'll make it warm and etc.

And the scarabs I think they should be incredibly weak but deal alot of damage and come in large packs which would make a weapon like the flamethrower extremely useful.

6 hours ago, Frostbite128 said:

my guess is that Genesis will just as bad if not worse with breaking the game. I hope that doesn't happen but looking at wildcard's track record i would not be surprised.

Honestly I'm kind of split about Genesis. On the one hand, I think it's great that they're continuing the story and trying to tie up some of the loose ends from Extinction, as well as introducing a few new mechanics and items. But on the other hand, what mostly disappoints me is that they aren't treating it like a sequel game, even though they already feel like two separate stories.

Let me explain: The four current story maps more or less revolve around discovering the truth about the ARKs, finding out about how humanity rose to new heights but caused itself to fall, and eventually bringing the ARKs back home to fulfill humanity's legacy. All of this showed to us through a completely open-world environment and next to no actual spoken dialogue. Genesis, on the other hand, may expand a little more on the old story, but seems to primarily revolve around the conflicts AFTER that first story ended. All that seemingly to be showed through MOSTLY spoken dialogue and occasional restrictions to "missions". See what I mean? Genesis could work perfectly as a separate sequel game since it seems to have completely different themes, story, and mechanics compared to the current game. But if it's put it's with the other maps, as Wildcard seems to be doing, than it could likely make it the odd man out.

But hey, Genesis still has yet to launch, so I could still be proven wrong. And for once, that's something I'm hoping for.

1 hour ago, Scribelord said:

I think I'm right 

In the trailer she says "maybe not this one first" which shows that she could be talking about a second harder test considering there is 2 parts

So part 1 is probably a snowy/ocean type map and part 2 is that lava place 

Your probably right but i guess we won't know for sure until both parts are out

Archived