ARK: Eggcellent Adventure & The Swamp and Snow Caves

Jatheish

On 3/26/2016 at 11:07 PM, Moofasa said:

It's been explained why numerous times...

You can blame Microsoft directly for Xbox not getting holiday content, because it costs wildcard a MINIMUM of $10k for every patch they release. It's also the reason they release patches in "bundles" on xbox. I wouldn't do it either, and don't blame them one bit. Once Microsoft decides to let companies release patches for free, you might be able to see things like this...(steam does not have this same practice)

Don't like it, give Bill Gates a call.

Most of their money...what a joke. 

Not saying I don't believe you but I'd love to read up on that.  It's the first I've heard of a company paying to patch content.

On 2016-03-26 at 5:06 PM, thrillerkillers said:

I was unaware that this site was not connected with the people who gather their player bases information.

I understand that it is expensive, but did we not pay just as much for the game as pc users? If we are going to get less content, should it not be cheaper for us?
Thanks for the info though =)

Not sure what you mean with "the people who gather their player bases information". The site we're currently on is the official site for the creators of the game, but they are limited by Microsoft's rules for seasonal content.

I think the hoops they have to jump through is a bigger issue than the price tag, but sure, that's an argument that could be made :) However, I believe PC custom servers have the option to enable or disable seasonal content... maybe that content is included for you on xbox so that you can enable it on your own servers. Or maybe, even, it's included, but inactivated, in an upcoming patch so that it can be activated at the proper time in the future? I don't know at all - both of these options are plausible to the best of my knowledge. I suggest you ask about it for a digest - so many people are interested in it that they might take the opportunity to address the issue. Good luck!

• 9 months later...