ARK: Eggcellent Adventure & The Swamp and Snow Caves

Jatheish

HOLY CRAP THE SNOW CAVE

I went into it earlier today before I went to work in single player. Holy crap, I'm on difficulty .4 ( the highest wild animals I encounter are in their 60s), but the animals in the snow cave are Godly. First thing I saw was a level 345 dire wolf. With packs of those things yetis bats and anglerfish as well as piranhas that cave is nothing but death. Had to use cheats to make it through. The wild animals were on average from level 142 to level 430 something. It sucks that all the animals are untameable

ARK devs, you seriously dropped The Gauntlet with this one

3 hours ago, LuNgFoOl said:

Why will the xbox not be getting this? I'm really curious I think it would be an awesome thing to have on console.

I have no official idea but I could imagine it had something to do with porting it over quickly, paying for the release and would take time to get through Microsofts QA process. 

Full release I believe we'll start seeing these things. But until then we can just enjoy the game we've got.

37 minutes ago, LONEWOLF231 said:

Cause we are not important. More than likely they are putting all the man power on the PS4 version and PSVR right now :(

Even though I can't say anything rude to you I would as you don't have a clue.

Not important? How can a group of players that made the company an absolute ton of money not be important? 

Stop being so self entitled and be glad the game works at all! As we've all agreed that it may not even turn on!

5 minutes ago, EvilChaosDX said:

I have no official idea but I could imagine it had something to do with porting it over quickly, paying for the release and would take time to get through Microsofts QA process. 

Full release I believe we'll start seeing these things. But until then we can just enjoy the game we've got.

Cool thanks for the help.

16 hours ago, thrillerkillers said:

yaayy....nothing for xbox users....

I'm sorry for you, I really am. But if you read what others have posted in this thread before complaining, you would know that it's because of Microsoft's rules that it's very difficult/expensive to have seasonal events. It really is no use complaining to Wildcard about it. You would be much better off complaining to Microsoft that they might see that their player base wants this and consider a change of policy.

4 hours ago, LuNgFoOl said:

Why will the xbox not be getting this? I'm really curious I think it would be an awesome thing to have on console.

I don't think the Xbox will get the event, unfortunately (see my above response, and also multiple answers in this thread before mine). Maybe no events ever, maybe no events during Early Access. The rest of the patch you most certainly will get sooner or later! :)

1 hour ago, LONEWOLF231 said:

Cause we are not important. More than likely they are putting all the man power on the PS4 version and PSVR right now :(

That has nothing to do with it (see my responses above), and really, the whole "we are not important"-whine is not going to help. ALL of us are important to Wildcard and they are working hard to deliver the same content to Xbox as they do to PC (which are, by the way, the guinea pigs so that when the content does reach Xbox, it's more polished and less buggy), in spite of Microsoft's rules making it hard! Really, if you want to whine, take it to Microsoft, because that's where the problem is.

On 3/26/2016 at 2:07 AM, Moofasa said:

You can blame Microsoft directly for Xbox not getting holiday content, because it costs wildcard a MINIMUM of $10k for every patch they release. It's also the reason they release patches in "bundles" on xbox.

I'm pretty sure they changed this process when they released the Xbox One and the new console is much more developer and update friendly. I believe this lag in updates is the PC is the primary development platform, then the changes trickle down to the Xbone.

5 hours ago, Kimsie said:

I'm sorry for you, I really am. But if you read what others have posted in this thread before complaining, you would know that it's because of Microsoft's rules that it's very difficult/expensive to have seasonal events. It really is no use complaining to Wildcard about it. You would be much better off complaining to Microsoft that they might see that their player base wants this and consider a change of policy.

I don't think the Xbox will get the event, unfortunately (see my above response, and also multiple answers in this thread before mine). Maybe no events ever, maybe no events during Early Access. The rest of the patch you most certainly will get sooner or later! :)

That has nothing to do with it (see my responses above), and really, the whole "we are not important"-whine is not going to help. ALL of us are important to Wildcard and they are working hard to deliver the same content to Xbox as they do to PC (which are, by the way, the guinea pigs so that when the content does reach Xbox, it's more polished and less buggy), in spite of Microsoft's rules making it hard! Really, if you want to whine, take it to Microsoft, because that's where the problem is.

I was unaware that this site was not connected with the people who gather their player bases information.

I understand that it is expensive, but did we not pay just as much for the game as pc users? If we are going to get less content, should it not be cheaper for us?
Thanks for the info though =)

Edited by thrillerkillers

• Volunteer Moderator
56 minutes ago, JoeySav said:

Do you know if the events are on single player? Ive been flying around for like 4 hours looking for dodo bunnies and stuff and haven't seen anything. But when i look in the cooking pot it shows the craftables for the event.

Yes it is. You could try using the destroy all wild dinos command, or go on a killing spree. Kill some Dodos to free up spawn spaces.

PC players: most things work. still alot of bugs.  Xbox Players (Myself) : More bugs then PC it seems  Caves don't work,I went threw the cave that people say there's stuff in it. 65 something or what.. no dice...went in went out. 1 spider nothin more. FPS issue due to OVER SPAWNING of STUPID FISH. Not Painting of Dino's (Sadface),  Rare Spino's. (Side Note - I want the Real Spino. not this one that's in the game. yea the one that walks on its rear legs not on all fours. and was bigger then T-Rex. More Info is out there now).   And the Sliders need to be more clear of what they do..  Everyone is Scratching there head most of the time.  i watched video's and looked up the wiki. still doesn't explain all of them........ Maybe some help from the Dev's. not the Community Team that doesn't have the info. i know off topic but who cares. just some stupid new broken caves that give crap and a reskin of a dino that i don't care to have.