ARK: Eggcellent Adventure & The Swamp and Snow Caves

Jatheish

When is Ark going to realize where most of their money is coming from? It would be nice to get the same opportunity on the Xbox as the PC people get. How about for once release something new on the Xbox first......We would be happy with SOTF.... Here is an idea take all the money from PC purchase put it into PC development and all the Xbox money and put it into Xbox development....

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Rancor said:

Any ideas on the cords of these caves? Will the affect current bases? 

GPS coords are: 29,31 for Snow & 62,37 for Swamp. There may be slight structural changes around those areas (entrances - I think PvE only actually) however the far majority of the caves are new areas so structures should generally be good!

2 hours ago, ErectSmurf said:

When is Ark going to realize where most of their money is coming from? It would be nice to get the same opportunity on the Xbox as the PC people get. How about for once release something new on the Xbox first......We would be happy with SOTF.... Here is an idea take all the money from PC purchase put it into PC development and all the Xbox money and put it into Xbox development....

It's been explained why numerous times...

You can blame Microsoft directly for Xbox not getting holiday content, because it costs wildcard a MINIMUM of $10k for every patch they release. It's also the reason they release patches in "bundles" on xbox. I wouldn't do it either, and don't blame them one bit. Once Microsoft decides to let companies release patches for free, you might be able to see things like this...(steam does not have this same practice)

Don't like it, give Bill Gates a call.

Most of their money...what a joke. 

Edited by Moofasa

5 hours ago, Moofasa said:

It's been explained why numerous times...

You can blame Microsoft directly for Xbox not getting holiday content, because it costs wildcard a MINIMUM of $10k for every patch they release. It's also the reason they release patches in "bundles" on xbox. I wouldn't do it either, and don't blame them one bit. Once Microsoft decides to let companies release patches for free, you might be able to see things like this...(steam does not have this same practice)

Don't like it, give Bill Gates a call.

Most of their money...what a joke. 

You really are uninformed on money issues, i'm a computer tech. the amount of money they get from xbox vs. pc more then covers that chump change.

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, JamesSm said:

Xbox players paid hard earned money for ARK, we deserve the events too. stop ditching xbox users.

No-one is being ditched. Be grateful you even have the game unlike PS4.

The method for deploying Patches on Xbox One is very different process than Steam. If you understood exactly what the process was then you might understand more why these events are only on PC for the time being.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

No-one is being ditched. Be grateful you even have the game unlike PS4.

The method for deploying Patches on Xbox One is very different process than Steam. If you understood exactly what the process was then you might understand more why these events are only on PC for the time being.

I'm a computer tech i know all about pc's, do not assume people know nothing.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 hours ago, JamesSm said:

do you even have a degree in micro sys. the componets are still processors. i have many degrees. so stop acting like you know they work. please.

I don't have a degree, no, but I do know that Xbox has a QA certification process which is a much bigger obstacle for Patches than Steam has. Steam can get Patches out much quicker and considering the events are timed specific then it is easier to get them on Steam. No-one has ever said that Xbox will never get events. The Events are used to test these sort of things to see how well they go down.

This is my understanding of the situation. I could be wrong. But none of it has anything to do with needing to have computer degrees. So less of the throwing "I have a degree" in peoples faces.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, JamesSm said:

the process are the same. i have many degrees and over fifteen years of education in micro processors, so please guit.

You seem fixated on hardware here.

You understand what the Xbox QA Process is? It's a Quality Assurance process. Nothing to do with hardware, it is a certification process to ensure that Patches work, don't crash the Xbox etc etc. Steam does not have a QA process. But you seem fixated on throwing your degrees around and talking about micro processors?

Or when I say Xbox One process you think i'm saying processOR.

Edited by GamerPerfection

3 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

You understand what the Xbox QA Process is? It's a Quality Assurance process. Nothing to do with hardware, it is a certification process to ensure that Patches work, don't crash the Xbox etc etc. Steam does not have a QA process. But you seem fixated on throwing your degrees around and talking about micro processors?

No, i know the QA process is different, used to do QA work just that when that person started with the money your company gets from PC vs. gamers on xbox was, lets say very wrong. and actually i like good QA work means less problems. what set me off was people think i know nothing about it.

9 hours ago, ErectSmurf said:

Hey,  genius. When are you going to realize that the game is in development,  and because the game is  a PC Game ported to the Xbox one, and is devved on PCs, that it's the best way to go about it. There is no "pc development and Xbox development" Everything is devved,  pushed to PC, then has to be modified for Xbox before it can get ported. 

TL:DR

Actual development -> ported to PC - >reworked and ported to Xbox. 

2 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Hey,  genius. When are you going to realize that the game is in development,  and because the game is  a PC Game ported to the Xbox one, and is devved on PCs, that it's the best way to go about it. There is no "pc development and Xbox development" Everything is devved,  pushed to PC, then has to be modified for Xbox before it can get ported. 

TL:DR

Actual development -> ported to PC - >reworked and ported to Xbox. 

tell me something i didn't know. i know it takes time, but the person was throwing $ signs around. did IQ's take a nose dive, gess.

46 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

one more thing, play the game on xbox and you'll wonder if they did QA at all. play and you will see why.