Building underwater

Zapha

Building underwater

Some weeks ago I made my first deep sea exploration on Valguero. As first I built an underwater cage with stone near the entrance in fear of dangerous creatures there. But this was at this time not neccessary because the population was very low and only some Megalodons as danger. I built some markers (pillar with ladder) at the deep sea crates spawn locations and wondered why they seem to vanish after a while.
Then the situation changed and suddenly there were a lot of large and dangerous creatures which I have not seen there before in weeks. They were faster than me on my Manta and killed me fast. Currently I level a manta for speed and think about building several protection cages where I can hide in case of danger. But what is it with the vanishing structures?
There is not one piece remaining from my first cage, so it seems that underwater structures are not permanent? I would build metal cages but if they just vanish for whatever reason that makes no sense.

What is it with underwater structures?

I have built a full base underwater using tek vaccum  compartments. Although expensive to build and maintain since you need a tek gen running all the time to keep out water. Having a teleporter  inside makes it handy. Personally I use it as a hatching and incubating base. As less likely hood someone would try to steal egg. Also looks very cool.

Ya, as someone who likes the base-building most in Ark, I really would like it to do that too, but the effort to get the tek unlock is too much for me. I play mostly "on foot" and have only a few dinos for harvesting and transport. Having a dino army isn't my thing, and leaving Valguero for building up a rex army on The Island only for the Tek unlock ... no way.
Really sad that the Valguero Broodmother don't give unlocks.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:20 PM, Zapha said:

Building underwater

Some weeks ago I made my first deep sea exploration on Valguero. As first I built an underwater cage with stone near the entrance in fear of dangerous creatures there. But this was at this time not neccessary because the population was very low and only some Megalodons as danger. I built some markers (pillar with ladder) at the deep sea crates spawn locations and wondered why they seem to vanish after a while.
Then the situation changed and suddenly there were a lot of large and dangerous creatures which I have not seen there before in weeks. They were faster than me on my Manta and killed me fast. Currently I level a manta for speed and think about building several protection cages where I can hide in case of danger. But what is it with the vanishing structures?
There is not one piece remaining from my first cage, so it seems that underwater structures are not permanent? I would build metal cages but if they just vanish for whatever reason that makes no sense.

What is it with underwater structures?

What caught you on your manta? You should outrun everything on that, it's the fastest water mount. Leveled for speed you should be uncatchable. Did you maybe get it encumbered? They don't have good weight.

16 hours ago, Zapha said:

Ya, as someone who likes the base-building most in Ark, I really would like it to do that too, but the effort to get the tek unlock is too much for me. I play mostly "on foot" and have only a few dinos for harvesting and transport. Having a dino army isn't my thing, and leaving Valguero for building up a rex army on The Island only for the Tek unlock ... no way.
Really sad that the Valguero Broodmother don't give unlocks.

We recently killed alpha brood for fun with trash dinos we got from valguero, basically our discarded deinos, a daedon with low base food, a crappy yuty and a random sloth. 2 players kill.

Archived