Add Utility Cheat - ClearPlayerObelisk

caleb68

Suggestion

Add Utility Cheat - ClearPlayerObelisk

We've all got items stuck inside the obelisk at one point or another when playing on unofficial servers, be it a item or dino that was uploaded, being unable to 'download' the item/dino or the item/dino causing your game to crash when you try.  Thats were a utility command like this one would come in handy:

cheat ClearPlayerObelisk <PlayerID> <bClearArkData> <bClearDinos> <bClearTribute>
Allows you to clear obelisk inventories of Players by ID, find the <PlayerID> using ShowMyAdminManager.

Example:ClearPlayerInventory PlayerID 0 1 0

0=False, 1=True. The above example would only clear out any uploaded dino's to the Obelisk for the PlayerID given.

5 replies to this server topic

Sorry to perform thread necromancy here, but I'd like to add my voice to this.

From what I can tell these issues occur when the mod package across the servers (inclusing sp as a server) is inconsistent or when the server gets any kind of update between upload and sub subsequent download. Made a bug report in november 2019, because it can't be this is intended behaviour, ergo bug. Heard nothing from it of course.

Personally I have tried re-creating exxact mod-packages (doesn't work), activating the obelisk's timer in singleplayer (can't do that in SP, might help with clustered un-officials), and even took a hex-editor to my singleplayer profile (hella complicated and therefore super easy to corrupt your profile, which I did more than once). The only reliable way I know of to clear the singleplayer obelisk is completely wiping your singleplayer profile, which kind of defeats the purpose. Parts of my profile are probably as old as early access, so I'd rather not wipe all that.

But right now my single player obelisk is so full with junk and dinos that won't expire i can upload only 5 items and 3 creatures before I get an overflow. (Sidenote: there is no warning for the creatures, so I only found out because every creature after the 3rd i uploaded simply disappeared.) With only 3 creature slots, evacuating a server that's being shut down is a royal PITA I can tell you.

Like I said, just adding my voice to this in the hope that One Day Soon there will be a solution.

Archived