(POLL) Should Ice Wyverns be Immune to Snow Owl and Managarmr freeze?

KRONOSDOUBLE

Should Ice Wyverns be Immune to Snow Owl and Managarmr Freeze abilities?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. My reasoning behind this is that because Ice Wyverns are the absolute worst wyverns, I think this would be a nice buff that allows them to be a counter dino to argueably the two best tames in the game. The only draw back to making Ice wyverns immune to snow owl freeze is they would also be immune to the heal ability offered by it. But be honest, how many people do you know that currently use Ice wyverns anyway? This would be an all around good buff to provide usefulness, if you disagree, comment why below after voting :)

• Yes, Ice Wyverns should be immune to mana and snow owl freeze
    • No, Ice Wyverns should not be immune to their freeze abilites

Ice wyverns are useful when fighting in the air, slowing down your opponent making them vulnerable to being picked.

poisons are arguably the best wyvern for PvP, I’ve cleaned a whole enemy tribe with a couple poison blasts. You can sink rafts and they have the longest breath attack range. 

I say leave the ice wyverns be, they already nerfed manas and owls to give everything else a fighting chance.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:53 AM, Hazardousbread said:

Ice wyverns are useful when fighting in the air, slowing down your opponent making them vulnerable to being picked.

poisons are arguably the best wyvern for PvP, I’ve cleaned a whole enemy tribe with a couple poison blasts. You can sink rafts and they have the longest breath attack range. 

I say leave the ice wyverns be, they already nerfed manas and owls to give everything else a fighting chance.

So because they nerfed Manas and Snow owls already, we shouldn't have a dino that can completely counter them? And despite them both being nerfed already, they are still amazing dinos that can massacre even the toughest dinos like gigas and boss rexes. 

And while Ice wyverns do have the ability to slow enemies in the air with their frost breath special attack, hardly any people in the game actually have ice wyverns. That's because they are simply obsolete when compared to poison, fire, and lighting wyverns.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:58 PM, solix414 said:

I disagree with ice wyverns being the worst, that title goes to poison wyverns, but they should be immune

What game are you playing? Poison wyverns are actually one of the strongest wyvern types, if you know how to use them properly.They do the most immediate damage, plus damage over time as a bonus. Fire & Lightning wyverns attacks are straight damage over time attacks; though the lightning attack is scaled to cause the damage over time in a much more compressed interval. 

The real problem with poison wyverns is that they require someone to learn how to use them properly. But that's not a flaw of theirs, that's on you. 

On 9/23/2019 at 10:41 AM, DeHammer said:

What game are you playing? Poison wyverns are actually one of the strongest wyvern types, if you know how to use them properly.They do the most immediate damage, plus damage over time as a bonus. Fire & Lightning wyverns attacks are straight damage over time attacks; though the lightning attack is scaled to cause the damage over time in a much more compressed interval. 

The real problem with poison wyverns is that they require someone to learn how to use them properly. But that's not a flaw of theirs, that's on you. 

Not to quibble over terminology but wouldn't Fire and Poison both be Direct DoT (direct dmg + DoT) and Lightning be a Channeling effect? Since it does no damage over time (just direct)

The MMO in me twitching haha :P

on topic: I voted Yes. Why not? Makes sense.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:55 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

We don't need any more reasons for players to use flyers, they are already well and truly over used. If the devs should be making any adjustments it should be in the form of nerfs.

Ok then, have the devs "nerf" the Managarmr and Snow Owls to where they cant use their freeze abilities on Ice Wyverns ??

5 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

The only way to make people use other tames than flyers is to remove flying entirely.

Well that is actually very true and shows why anytime any game has a flyer in it be Warcraft or this it breaks the balance. It also doesn't help that there are no aerial threats. No aerial Gigas or anything else to threaten players up there. I am in favour of at the very least having a new mode without flyers in it. It's something I have advocated for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived