(POLL) Should there be a generator that works underwater

KRONOSDOUBLE

Should there be a generator that works underwater and is able to power structures underwater?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. I would love to have a completely mobile sea base on the back of a mosasaur or plesiosaur, but generators simply do not work once you go underwater with the dinos. I think if Wildcard were to make a generator specifically made to work both above water and below it, it would make the prospect of living underwater somewhat more viable.

• Great idea!
    • Bad Idea!
    • Might work, but....? (comment below concerns/questions)

1 minute ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

True, but tek genys don't fit on platform saddles. Also, tek is not the easiest thing to come by unless you are a part of a mega tribe

im a solo player and im just missing the aberration engrams, no need to be in a mega tribe, just takes time.

edit - beta ape gives tek gen & tek trough, just need good rexs, and a yuty, move rexs to cliffside to the right as you get in, and have the yuty pull the ape to the rexs, once its there, just chomp away with rexs and have yuty give buff, works great.

5 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

I can agree on that. But still, a generator that works underwater that is not tek that could go on a platform saddle would be nice

there are supose to be a bunch of new engrams with Genesis when it comes out, with the large tamable turtle, there might be something like that coming

17 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

there are supose to be a bunch of new engrams with Genesis when it comes out, with the large tamable turtle, there might be something like that coming

the tamable turtles will have an air bubble on them. Thus meaning there is no need for a generator to work underwater.

38 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Should there be a generator that works underwater

And no, the generators run on electricity, plus there's already bugs with structures that use gasoline where you can keep it online when you submerge.

8 hours ago, Pellao said:

the tamable turtles will have an air bubble on them. Thus meaning there is no need for a generator to work underwater.

And no, the generators run on electricity, plus there's already bugs with structures that use gasoline where you can keep it online when you submerge.

1.) The tamable turtles will no doubt be a difficult tame to possess. Do you think they will be something that a 1-2 man tribe can really tame on their own, all things considered.

2.) There are actually submersible generators IRL, plus I would rather not be one of those individuals that purposely exploits a bugs and glitches for my own gain. That's what happened with all the mega tribes duping and meshing and we can see how well it turned out for them

1 hour ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

1.) The tamable turtles will no doubt be a difficult tame to possess. Do you think they will be something that a 1-2 man tribe can really tame on their own, all things considered.

2.) There are actually submersible generators IRL, plus I would rather not be one of those individuals that purposely exploits a bugs and glitches for my own gain. That's what happened with all the mega tribes duping and meshing and we can see how well it turned out for them

I think it's very possible  to tame every creature on the Ark solo I did.  I couldn't imagine  it not being a passive tame ""

17 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

You can solo do everything with the exception of Alpha Rockwell (completely possible but needs a ton of preparations and breeding) and Alpha King Titan (literally impossible due to how titan AI cannot aggro on the King Titan), but taming the titans which are supposed to be difficult can be all done solo, and I'm pretty sure the giant turtles aren't going to have those raid like mechanic requirements, currently all creatures can be tamed solo so yeah..

And this is ark you're talking about, didn't realise we have tek generators in real life, plus with ark under water is neglected and what else can work underwater with a working underwater generator.. you'd only be doing that for placement reasons and that's it, other pieces of structures that require a generator to power doesn't work underwater. Turrets used to work but they removed that way way back in the days.

On 9/19/2019 at 5:43 AM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Everything is doable solo on ARK (minus one extreme example listed above) Quit making excuses and go do it! 

On 9/19/2019 at 8:43 AM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

everything in this game is tamable solo.

Don't believe me? Go on youtube and take your pick of which dino you want. Search "ARK how to solo tame [Insert dino name here]" and you will get a bunch of results.

You just need the right trap, gear, dino, or creativity/outside the box thinking

On 9/18/2019 at 10:43 PM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Should there be a generator that works underwater

read the poll

Honestly I always thought it was stupid that you couldn't build a water proof base on the water platform saddles

It basically makes them worthless and I get the new giant turtle has that ability but it should instead allow any type of building material and for the platform saddles we would have to use the waterproof bases so the turtle would open up more options 

Plus it'll get more people into the ocean.

You're all talking about water proof generator, but you completely looked over what I've stated and that is.. What is it going to power? Nothing. The power required structures can't run underwater naturally. Even non powered ones like the manned turrets don't work when a tiny bit of its structure touches water. Reminds of like how people wanted stand torches and campfires to work underwater. The structures that require power are not water proof. You can go get urself that waterproof generator and be happy about yourself only to realise it will power nothing without glitching.

44 minutes ago, Pellao said:

You're all talking about water proof generator, but you completely looked over what I've stated and that is.. What is it going to power? Nothing. The power required structures can't run underwater naturally. Even non powered ones like the manned turrets don't work when a tiny bit of its structure touches water. Reminds of like how people wanted stand torches and campfires to work underwater. The structures that require power are not water proof. You can go get urself that waterproof generator and be happy about yourself only to realise it will power nothing without glitching.

the omni lights don't work underwater anymore? gah... may have to rethink part of my base structure then...

15 hours ago, Pellao said:

@Pellao Well perhaps they could release an update that would allow a platform saddle on a plesiosaur or mosasaur to become airtight underwater. The order of how this would work would be:

Lets say you have a completely enclosed structure on the back of an underwater platform saddle. Because thatch and wood can allow water to pass through it, you would need at minimum a stone structure, or perhaps metal, to build an airtight structure underwater. Once the structure is built out of stone/metal/tek, in order to allow the structure to stay airtight underwater the water, you must resurface the water tame, make sure all doors/windows/hatch frames are closed. Once all the structures are closed and there are no open areas that allow you to see the outside, you can then go underwater and have an airtight structure, provided you do not open any doors/windows/hatch frames that could allow water inside the structure.

However, I do also think there could be an specific engram enabled to us that is specifically designed to keep an area airlocked. It could work similarly to how a tek generator can power structures wirelessly based on a range you choose. This would be helpful to not only building on platform saddles, but also underwater bases that sit on the ocean floor. It could be powered by gas or another new fuel substance (not tek), but based on the range of space you choose to keep airtight, it would consume more of the fuel placed inside of it its inventory. I also think it should work separately from a generator.

8 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

However, I do also think there could be an specific engram enabled to us that is specifically designed to keep an area airlocked. It could work similarly to how a tek generator can power structures wirelessly based on a range you choose. This would be helpful to not only building on platform saddles, but also underwater bases that sit on the ocean floor. It could be powered by gas or another new fuel substance (not tek), but based on the range of space you choose to keep airtight, it would consume more of the fuel placed inside of it its inventory. I also think it should work separately from a generator.

you mean like the tek underwater chamber pieces you can learn doing alpha dragon?  I would be nice if there were some variations of different things in the game.

13 hours ago, Pellao said:

It's because you described the vacuum chambers.. It's not sarcasm

13 hours ago, caleb68 said:

nope wasn't being sarcastic, was just going by your description, you want something like that but that is only ran by normal power ya?

Yea, sorry about that. I thought you were being sarcastic. 

But yea, I think it would be great if there was a variation of the underwater tek engrams that are a little more within reach of people outside of a mega tribe

Archived