(POLL) Should there be a generator that works underwater

KRONOSDOUBLE

Should there be a generator that works underwater and is able to power structures underwater?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. I would love to have a completely mobile sea base on the back of a mosasaur or plesiosaur, but generators simply do not work once you go underwater with the dinos. I think if Wildcard were to make a generator specifically made to work both above water and below it, it would make the prospect of living underwater somewhat more viable.

• Great idea!
    • Bad Idea!
    • Might work, but....? (comment below concerns/questions)

My thoughts would be , it can't be the current generator we have.  Maybe have the meta for it be a wave catching kinetic energy to electricity generator, and limit the amount of things that can be powered from it since it won't need gas. and/or maybe have it break over time so it has to be constantly repaired.

On 9/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, Pellao said:

You're all talking about water proof generator, but you completely looked over what I've stated and that is.. What is it going to power? Nothing. The power required structures can't run underwater naturally. Even non powered ones like the manned turrets don't work when a tiny bit of its structure touches water. Reminds of like how people wanted stand torches and campfires to work underwater. The structures that require power are not water proof. You can go get urself that waterproof generator and be happy about yourself only to realise it will power nothing without glitching.

What are you talking about?! I've used rocket turret plesi's on small tribes just a couple months ago in small tribes. 

On 9/18/2019 at 11:23 PM, Pellao said:

the tamable turtles will have an air bubble on them. Thus meaning there is no need for a generator to work underwater.

And no, the generators run on electricity, plus there's already bugs with structures that use gasoline where you can keep it online when you submerge.

The difference is you can build anything on the turtle and it'll work

The same can't be said for the platform saddles, the turtle can still be unique and the platform saddles would require the underwater compartments to work whereas the turtle can have anything on it and work

47 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Though for the original purpose of the thread, what do you want to power underwater on the platform?  Refridgerators won't work in water.

Well, yea refrigerators and cryo-fridges mainly would be great, but also maybe some AC units to use as a hatchery. Basically something realistic is all im asking for because currently its not feasible at all, unless you never plan on submerging a mosa or plesio. I proposed a potential idea a day or two ago about how we could go about this. Ill quote it in my next message and tag you

On 9/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Well perhaps they could release an update that would allow a platform saddle on a plesiosaur or mosasaur to become airtight underwater. The order of how this would work would be:

Lets say you have a completely enclosed structure on the back of an underwater platform saddle. Because thatch and wood can allow water to pass through it, you would need at minimum a stone structure, or perhaps metal, to build an airtight structure underwater. Once the structure is built out of stone/metal/tek, in order to allow the structure to stay airtight underwater the water, you must resurface the water tame, make sure all doors/windows/hatch frames are closed. Once all the structures are closed and there are no open areas that allow you to see the outside, you can then go underwater and have an airtight structure, provided you do not open any doors/windows/hatch frames that could allow water inside the structure.

However, I do also think there could be an specific engram enabled to us that is specifically designed to keep an area airlocked. It could work similarly to how a tek generator can power structures wirelessly based on a range you choose. This would be helpful to not only building on platform saddles, but also underwater bases that sit on the ocean floor. It could be powered by gas or another new fuel substance (not tek), but based on the range of space you choose to keep airtight, it would consume more of the fuel placed inside of it its inventory. I also think it should work separately from a generator.

@GrumpyBear

6 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Yea, sorry about that. I thought you were being sarcastic. 

But yea, I think it would be great if there was a variation of the underwater tek engrams that are a little more within reach of people outside of a mega tribe

no worries mate,  I think it would have to be made out of metal, being something like a diving bell in a sense, oxygen would have to be limited as well, not sure how they would go about that as with scuba tanks they make them break rather then just run out of oxygen.  even with something like a co2 scrubber the oxygen would still be a limited time under.  They may be able to accomplish something like that though,  i.e.  the new turtle coming to genesis, they made a point to say it has a oxygen bubble on its back, but they also made a point to say there was oxygen under water, making one believe if your going to dive with it you have to replenish the oxygen for it, the same mechanic could be used for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived