How do i delete an uploaded creature? (Single player)

melissa4963

I was using the Play as Dino mod and uploaded a Defense Unit i was playing as for the lolz, tried to pull it out from another save in another map and unfortunately it didn't work, trying to pull it just crashes my game and now it's occupying one space in my uploaded creatures list and i can't do anything about it. Does anybody know where i can go in the Ark files to manually delete this thing? Or any way to get rid of it

in your saved folder there is localprofiles,  the profile in there contains all Obelisk data for single/undedicated,  All skin data, map data, explorer notes and pin data for official, unofficial and single player.   There in lies the problem with deleting the file, would be nice to have a command to empty the obelisk data, so that we could get rid of dino's that are 'stuck' in there because of modded servers.  I have 3 that are stuck in mine.

34 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

in your saved folder there is localprofiles,  the profile in there contains all Obelisk data for single/undedicated,  All skin data, map data, explorer notes and pin data for official, unofficial and single player.   There in lies the problem with deleting the file, would be nice to have a command to empty the obelisk data, so that we could get rid of dino's that are 'stuck' in there because of modded servers.  I have 3 that are stuck in mine.

So i'd have to clean everything to get rid of it?

Unbelievable that there is still no such option, to get rid of glitched uploaded dinos

6 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can transfer stuff between single player and non dedicated server I think so maybe if you start up a non dedicated play you can pull it out there. 

I'm not sure if there is an option to put  a decay timer on the uploads or not but another possible solution to look at.

hrm thats a good question, i wonder if you can do that running a undedicated server on your pc, i'll have to look and see. if we can add a timer like official that would be a godsend to get rid of them.

I also found these server settings, but I'm not sure which file to put them in:

TributeItemExpirationSeconds
TributeDinoExpirationSeconds
TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds

each one sets how long the items stay in the obelisk, say if you added TributeItemExpirationSeconds=86400  then items would expire after 365 days

but like I said, im not sure which config file you'd enter these into and if it was just to temporarily delete them you'd have to remove the lines after clearing the data. 

12 hours ago, melissa4963 said:

I was using the Play as Dino mod and uploaded a Defense Unit i was playing as for the lolz, tried to pull it out from another save in another map and unfortunately it didn't work, trying to pull it just crashes my game and now it's occupying one space in my uploaded creatures list and i can't do anything about it. Does anybody know where i can go in the Ark files to manually delete this thing? Or any way to get rid of it

Can you recreate the circumstance at the time of upload, then download (go back to same map, with mod installed, etc)?

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I also found these server settings, but I'm not sure which file to put them in:

TributeItemExpirationSeconds
TributeDinoExpirationSeconds
TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds

each one sets how long the items stay in the obelisk, say if you added TributeItemExpirationSeconds=86400  then items would expire after 365 days

but like I said, im not sure which config file you'd enter these into and if it was just to temporarily delete them you'd have to remove the lines after clearing the data. 

You would set them in the following file:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/GameUserSettings.ini

Under the following section:

[ServerSettings]

However they only works if your session is clustered, and since SP isn't and cannot, then uploads never expire regardless.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:15 AM, invincibleqc said:

While an admin command as @caleb68 suggested would be great, this is actually not that hard to accomplish:

• First of all, make sure to close your game.
  • Navigate through the following directory:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/LocalProfiles/
  • Open the following file with a text editor that won't mess with the encoding (such as notepad++):

PlayerLocalData.arkprofile
  • Search for the following string:

ArkTamedDinosData
  • And replace it with:

XrkTamedDinosData
  • Launch your game, load your SP world and then close your game again. What will happens is, when the FArkInventoryData object will be loaded, it won't find the ArkTamedDinosData property so will set it to a NULL array. Then, when it will be saved again that array will be empty and the XrkTamedDinosData will be lost because it was never assigned to any variable at run-time. All your other profile data will remain intact and all your uploaded creatures will be deleted.

THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤️❤️

On 9/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can transfer stuff between single player and non dedicated server I think so maybe if you start up a non dedicated play you can pull it out there. 

I'm not sure if there is an option to put  a decay timer on the uploads or not but another possible solution to look at.

We found the same thing when our server had a similar issue. We had dino's uploaded when we clustered our servers. The dino's vanished but the counter showed they were still occupying spaces. example: 20/20. At someone's suggestion here (maybe yours?) I fired up a non-dedicated session and checked the obelisk. Sure enough, they were there. 

When we de-clustered the servers, the dinos showed up again, and we were able to download them. 

So you can actually transfer dinos between non-dedicated server sessions and non-clustered, hosted server sessions. Once servers are clustered, its a no-go.

• 5 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 3:15 AM, invincibleqc said:

While an admin command as @caleb68 suggested would be great, this is actually not that hard to accomplish:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/LocalProfiles/
  • Open the following file with a text editor that won't mess with the encoding (such as notepad++):

ArkTamedDinosData
  • And replace it with:

XrkTamedDinosData
  • Launch your game, load your SP world and then close your game again. What will happens is, when the FArkInventoryData object will be loaded, it won't find the ArkTamedDinosData property so will set it to a NULL array. Then, when it will be saved again that array will be empty and the XrkTamedDinosData will be lost because it was never assigned to any variable at run-time. All your other profile data will remain intact and all your uploaded creatures will be deleted.

so tell me WHAT ABOUT THIS foxes the problem THIS METHOD is just MANUALLY hitting delete singleplayer data button it WIPED MY MAPS Notes my survivor data it wipes it ALL NO DIFFERENT than hitting the in game option which we're all trying to AVOID wipeing out all that time you ASSHOLE

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, Torkkar said:

so tell me WHAT ABOUT THIS foxes the problem THIS METHOD is just MANUALLY hitting delete singleplayer data button it WIPED MY MAPS Notes my survivor data it wipes it ALL NO DIFFERENT than hitting the in game option which we're all trying to AVOID wipeing out all that time you ASSHOLE

So you're upset at him because you didn't back your file up before editing it? His method worked for me perfectly, so maybe you didn't follow instructions.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:15 AM, invincibleqc said:

ArkTamedDinosData
  • And replace it with:

XrkTamedDinosData

Worked perfectly! You're a lifesaver. What line would you need to change to get rid of obelisk items in the same way?

• 3 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 8:15 AM, invincibleqc said:

ArkTamedDinosData
  • And replace it with:

XrkTamedDinosData

same with ArkTributeItem

when doing this i tried it just removes it all after under the files so next time i upload anything it will just reset it to ArkTributeItem instead of XrkTributeItem  ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 8:15 AM, invincibleqc said:

ArkTamedDinosData
  • And replace it with:

XrkTamedDinosData

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I had dinos stuck since 2019. Literally just 3 creature slots to evacuate a server that's being shut down has been a PITA for SO LONG.

Yesterday I begged on my ignored bug report (from 2019!) for some kind of sign but today I found this!

Edit: it would still be great to have console command or something. And a way for console players to fix their obelisk.

Archived