Remove "Enable wandering to mate" (or correct description)

BERSERK3R

Suggestion

Remove "Enable wandering to mate" (TEXT, not the function)

It doesnt really work does it? (if it still works, there is NO reason to use it at all, there's not a single soul that love wandering dinos to mate).
Protip for wildcard: open widget: remove line > save file > cook. > done!

Thanks in advance! ❤️

12 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
50 minutes ago, BERSERK3R said:

The function can stay, no problem, but the "text" can be removed.
It should say "enable mating to mate..".

It does say enable mating, just now that there's a seperate radial dial for mating there's not really a need for the wandering to mate one. Hence why the suggestion is to rename it to wander. They can't remove the old one entirely as it would prevent dinos from being able to wander.

Changing the text won't make much difference really tbh.

7 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Some people like their dinos to wander around instead of just standing around wagging their tails.

Not really clear if the OP wants wandering removed entirely or just the mating portion. Since mating has it's own radial menu option.

Just the text removed.
Clearing up and polishing the information in the game (especially for those who are new).
There is so much misinformation, and outdated info that Wildcard should update, and remove.

Also, it could lead to people still use wandering for mating, despite the QOL improved function, which player might never figure out...

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

No, it says "enable wandering to mate".
What many people not realise aparently is that many are used to this game since 2015 or a little later, and follow every change and STILL dont know the ins and outs.
This game is NOT "figure out how this game works, even if the manual says its this or that way".

Its a game that should work as intended, and descriptions are there for a reason, why not put "pooop" everywhere.

People who played this game for longer and are used to "wandering to mate", will defend this change because they are used to it.
When you are new to the game, what would you rather LEARN "wandering to mate", or the new and improved "enable mating"?

Exactly, you add a improved feature, you change the information accordingly, its not rocketscience.

I'm completely lost on where you are going with this and what you are arguing about.

There are two functions to mate.

1) Enable wandering to mate
2) Enable mating

Both still work for mating. People have a choice of which to use.

Most people are likely to use the new "enable mating" now because all the longer playing players have requested it for the last few years.

They could change "Enable wandering to mate" to just "Enable wandering" but then it would still be mating because that's what the function still does. Then they get complaints that some dinos have mated when wandering.

They can't remove the function entirely because people want some dinos to wander.

So, your request that the devs do "open widget: remove line > save file > cook." is flawed.

Personally, as a PVE player who does a crazy amount of breeding - I understand where you are coming from with this idea, but cannot upvote it.

The reason is simple.

There are many creatures that work with with "enable mating". They sit there, do their thing, and out pops a wandering infant or egg. 

However there are also those creatures whose infants like to drop directly underneath them and don't mind staying there the entire time the grow up or at the very least, until they are too large to be easily moved away. By "enabling wandering" to mate in these situations either in a pen or on a leash works better as they will drop the infant and wander off it it, cutting out the trouble of having to rearrange to the mother to access the child. 

Now I realize this reasoning is not the same for all, and that there are workarounds that may be used with builds and cryopods - but for the easy of the process, it just makes sense, for me anyways, to keep things as they are. 

13 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

Its a game that should work as intended, and descriptions are there for a reason, why not put "pooop" everywhere.

This isn't a "Work as intended" issue. Meshing and duping are work as intended issues. "pooop" has no correlation to any in-game mechanics regarding dino behavior, whereas mating and wandering do. 

On 9/18/2019 at 1:53 PM, BERSERK3R said:

there is NO reason to use it at all, there's not a single soul that love wandering dinos to mate

Entirely subjective. I personally still use it out of habit and that hearing dinos walk around makes me remember they are mating. The text has no effect of gameplay in the slightest, especially considering it points you to the enable wandering feature, which is right above enable mating. 

7 hours ago, GP said:

It does say enable mating, just now that there's a seperate radial dial for mating there's not really a need for the wandering to mate one. Hence why the suggestion is to rename it to wander. They can't remove the old one entirely as it would prevent dinos from being able to wander.

Changing the text won't make much difference really tbh.

No, it says "enable wandering to mate".
What many people not realise aparently is that many are used to this game since 2015 or a little later, and follow every change and STILL dont know the ins and outs.
This game is NOT "figure out how this game works, even if the manual says its this or that way".

People who played this game for longer and are used to "wandering to mate", will defend this change because they are used to it.
When you are new to the game, what would you rather LEARN "wandering to mate", or the new and improved "enable mating"?

Exactly, you add a improved feature, you change the information accordingly, its not rocketscience.

• Volunteer Moderator
Spoiler

On 9/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, BERSERK3R said:

It doesnt really work does it?

On 9/18/2019 at 3:31 PM, invincibleqc said:

Enabling wandering still works to mate your dinos.

4 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

facepalm.png

Getting my post face-palmed for answering a question was a first for me. ?

19 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

Just "Enable wandering" would be find. Noone uses that functionality for mating anymore. On the other hand I agree that many of us especially in PvE (and/or, I believe, RP), like to have some dinos walking/swimming around for aesthetical purposes.

The function can stay, no problem, but the "text" can be removed.
It should say "enable mating to mate..".

Archived