ARK YouTubers & Clickbaits

JarvisBinks

1 hour ago, Syntac said:

I cant believe there is a conversation going on about my questionable accent xD Just to clear things up, I am 100% Irish, my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents etc are all 100% Irish. Id show my birth cert if that didn't DOX my identity :P 

Years back when i first started playing games online on PS3 (COD4 days) i noticed that people thought i had a speech impediment or something, Like most places in the world, letters can sound different, for example, most of my English friends don't pronounce words like "Wall" correctly, sounds like "Wawl". Irish people don't really pronounce the H in words so "Thirty" turns into "Tirty". After realising people couldn't understand me well i started to force the H into words and correct other parts of my speech, which made me abandoned the stereotypical Irish sounding words. Though they sometimes slip out in videos and when im talking.

Another thing to note is that the Irish have hundreds of accents, you can go down the road and people will sound way different. I live in North Dublin and where i grew up nobody really sounded like the stereotypical Irish person. Also worth noting that in the 3 years i've been making content i've mostly been hanging out with Americans, my Wife is Canadian... Having these types of people around constantly will have an effect on your accent and the words you'd use :P

Back on topic, I appreciate people not calling me clickbait, someone DMed me this thread and reading through made me smile hah I do use all cap titles because I honestly think it looks cleaner, i considered switching back to varied but decided that it doesnt matter much, i hardly think its baity but that's just me. But hey, atleast my tltles aren't like this ;) "TAMING a HIGH LEVEL GALLIMIMUS for KIBBLE" lol 

Hah, didnt expect you to chime in here but since you did, no need to prove anything man. Definitely dont DOX yourself, my personal suspicion of your heritage has zero bearing on your content and Id say your doing alright since I keep watching lol. Of course there are definitely things I could criticize but they are minor and no need to comment here. Where Im from I find people around me have a hard time distinguishing between Brazilians and more standard spanish speakers, but to me I notice it immediately, Or Chinese from Japanese or Korean. I find I can tell the difference pretty easily most of the time so it was strange to me hearing you say your Irish but I never picked up on it. Of course I dont have a lot of experience with Irish accents but it just through me off. Either way dont worry bout it, keep doing you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Syntac said:

I cant believe there is a conversation going on about my questionable accent xD Just to clear things up, I am 100% Irish, my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents etc are all 100% Irish. Id show my birth cert if that didn't DOX my identity :P 

Years back when i first started playing games online on PS3 (COD4 days) i noticed that people thought i had a speech impediment or something, Like most places in the world, letters can sound different, for example, most of my English friends don't pronounce words like "Wall" correctly, sounds like "Wawl". Irish people don't really pronounce the H in words so "Thirty" turns into "Tirty". After realising people couldn't understand me well i started to force the H into words and correct other parts of my speech, which made me abandoned the stereotypical Irish sounding words. Though they sometimes slip out in videos and when im talking.

Another thing to note is that the Irish have hundreds of accents, you can go down the road and people will sound way different. I live in North Dublin and where i grew up nobody really sounded like the stereotypical Irish person. Also worth noting that in the 3 years i've been making content i've mostly been hanging out with Americans, my Wife is Canadian... Having these types of people around constantly will have an effect on your accent and the words you'd use :P

Back on topic, I appreciate people not calling me clickbait, someone DMed me this thread and reading through made me smile hah I do use all cap titles because I honestly think it looks cleaner, i considered switching back to varied but decided that it doesnt matter much, i hardly think its baity but that's just me. But hey, atleast my tltles aren't like this ;) "TAMING a HIGH LEVEL GALLIMIMUS for KIBBLE" lol 

i never knew u had a survive the ark account, neat, you were the tuber who gave me the courage to work towards starting my channel, love your breeding vids, they helped me soooo much.

I find it funny that a fellow American would question the validity of an accent from another country. "He doesn't sound Irish".  Considering the only Irish voices we ever hear are from the movies and their "we all talk like leprecauns stereotype". I don't think we Americans really should be throwing shade at someone.

And speaking of accents. Can you imagine how Americans sound to other countries?  We have for example the Midwest accent, the Brooklyn/New York/New Jersey Accent, the Deep south Accent, the Texas accent, the Boston/New England accent and then we have the Louisiana accent that is so hard to understand that they need sub-titles even in America when watching shows like "Gator Hunter  or Swamp People." or whatever those shows are called.

and don't forget about our Canadian brothers to the north, we don't have enought  time to talk " aboot" them eh?  ( @d1nk ) ;)

1 minute ago, Aushegun said:

I find it funny that a fellow American would question the validity of an accent from another country. "He doesn't sound Irish".  Considering the only Irish voices we ever hear are from the movies and their "we all talk like leprecauns stereotype". I don't think we Americans really should be throwing shade at someone.

And speaking of accents. Can you imagine how Americans sound to other countries?  We have for example the Midwest accent, the Brooklyn/New York/New Jersey Accent, the Deep south Accent, the Texas accent, the Boston/New England accent and then we have the Louisiana accent that is so hard to understand that they need sub-titles even in America when watching shows like "Gator Hunter  or Swamp People." or whatever those shows are called.

No shade being thrown.. Can people not have an opinion? Plus Ive met and spoken to Irishmen before even if Ive never lived in Ireland, plus you know the internet is a thing and I can listen to people talk from anywhere around the world.

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

and don't forget about our Canadian brothers to the north, we don't have enought  time to talk " aboot" them eh?  ( @d1nk ) ;)

We have the same. You cant understand people from Newfoundland even WITH subtitles.

I's the baouy euow builds ey boat.

• 2 weeks later...

The YouTubers I find myself watching are @Syntac, @nooblets, @AxeMan (a lot of SOTF which he plays with Syntac), CJthecheeseDJ for entertainment.

Been binging the Ultimate Ark series from Syntac, Let's Play from Nooblets. Along with the cluster series from Syn, and any SOTF content since i play on console i have to live vicariously through the master race players.

HOD and Apex 23 are entertaining to me, but I take those with some grains of salt.

I'm extremely tired of LoadedCrysis, and unsubscribed from him, however his videos still are on my suggestions and that annoys me.  It's just everything from him is a load of bullocks.

"ARK's CRAZY new update!!!!!!" looks at changelog and it's minor optimization tweaks....

On 9/17/2019 at 7:07 PM, nipe said:

Usually, avoid any YouTuber that sounds like they are in need of taking a dump, YouTubers like Syntac with video titles all crazy with caps on. They make great money from you of off bad videos with the sole intention to create a easy income. It’s like any ads, it’s their job to fool you into clicking it.

I find Syntac's videos pretty good and there usually aren't any clickbait on them. They are actually pretty straight forward and he heads straight into the vid without 10 min introductions or stuff like that

Yo kod sorry for kinda abandoning the ocean dlc but my grandpa died during the summer so I was in Russia for the last three months.

but back on topic syntac is honestly probably the most persistent ark you tuber there is he actually works hard on his mutations unlike some that use the color gun or tek mutators

1 hour ago, Rocketraptor said:

Yo kod sorry for kinda abandoning the ocean dlc but my grandpa died during the summer so I was in Russia for the last three months.

but back on topic syntac is honestly probably the most persistent ark you tuber there is he actually works hard on his mutations unlike some that use the color gun or tek mutators

all good bro, anyway i love his breeding series as he does it like a pro

On 9/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, DeHammer said:

I tend to only check out game related online resources when I want to learn or confirm something. So I want my answers quickly. That tends to rule out most Your Tube videos as they are not geared to provide people with definitive answers, and even when they do, you have to wade through 20 minutes of crap to extract one useful tidbit. 'Nooblets' is the only one I'll watch at all these days; mostly because he doesn't speak like a freakizoid. 

I wish i could give you more than one like for this.  I am so tired of this crap.

Also, if you guys want ark entertainment and aren't worried about information try out neebs gaming.  They do cinematic gameplay of alot of survival games and they are so bad it's hilarious.

Archived