ARK YouTubers & Clickbaits

JarvisBinks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Steff said:

Loadedcrysis is crap. Best ark content comes from HOD, syntac, LuckyByNature, Nooblets, Apex Way, GetJacked. 

I stopped watching Apex and Frenchey. Got too redundant for me.

Love HOD. Still watch Jack3d though his small tribe series was probably his peak for me.

I also enjoy Bam, though he's not everybodies cup of tea, Kishko, ShaneTheShadow, and Vindactur. 

Muntage and Voxesto I watch occasionally same goes with Neebs Gaming.

Welp, new Ultimate Ark Syntac vid to watch. Lol

15 hours ago, TheDonn said:

I second.  Not crazy-claimer for sure.  But Syntac leaves me scratching my head at some of the things he seems to magically not know, about how ARK works.  Maybe its an act, but hes pretty entertaining most times.  I put his videos on when I'm getting through washing my dishes (no auto-dishwasher, just the ol' soap-and-water).

But Neroku's entire YouTube channel could be deleted and the larger Borg of ARK YouTube videos would be better for it.  The guy is a buffoon.

Likewise! I watch alot of syntacs stuff and I would say he's as genuine as they come. I often prop a tablet up on the windowsill while I'm doing the dishes, it's a good way to catch up on episodes lol

Back on topic I'm really fed up of clickbaity titles like "you won't belive this thing that happened!" or " best thing ever!" and don't actually tell you what the videos about. I don't have much time in my day to scroll through youtube looking for good content to watch so I'd rather a title told me in black and white what I'm about to watch go I can get on with my dishes haha!

6 hours ago, Steff said:

Will give him a go later. Also forgot to mention TagBackTV. Really good a while ago. Some good basic level breeding guides and tips and tricks. 

I gave him some tries but he always sounded too bored. For guides, tips and tricks I prefer Lucky By Nature, Syntac and Phlinger Phoo.

23 hours ago, nipe said:

Usually, avoid any YouTuber that sounds like they are in need of taking a dump, YouTubers like Syntac with video titles all crazy with caps on. They make great money from you of off bad videos with the sole intention to create a easy income. It’s like any ads, it’s their job to fool you into clicking it.

TAKE THAT BACK U TERD, SYNTAC IS MORE LEGIT THAN LOADED CRYSIS AND NEROKU'S CHANNELS

there is one episdoe that is legit that both loaded crysis and neroku made a vid on, they found a thread me and my freinds made about a underwater map we are making, they read through it and talked about it, suprisingly not stating it was coming to the main game which i was glad about, cause if they had i would have been calling them out on that. just type their names on youtube and "ark ocean DLC map" and they should come up. those are the only legit vids of theirs in their entir channel. now syntac, there is someone who deserves a reward. he does not really care for the updates of ark. while he does reveiw big announces he focuses more on the gameplay itself. syntac preffers to learn from teh game itself, he is a self made gamer. he even states in videos he doe not like to watch ark tubers vid's. he only uses dodo dex and a few other sites for taming and breeding. i love his irish accent. my friend is partial irish and i know an irish when i hear them. another reliable tuber is Mr meola. an aussie tuber who does ark vids solely for entertainment. 

9 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I feel for best LEARNING help videos, that "Nooblets" is the best youtuber I've found.  I really like his videos and learn a lot.  Philinger Phoo also makes good tutorial videos.

If you want to learn what NOT to do, but have a good laugh, watch the scripted/edited and very entertaining NEEBS GAMING videos.

I also enjoy the humor content from RoyaleWithCheese.

Phlinger is entertaining for what he is but you can't believe everything he says.  All these guys, Syntac, and his group are fine as entertainment, but when they start giving how tos and such, take it with a grain of salt.  Each of them plays PVE with PVP settings, picking up wild dinos, boosted rates, etc.  A lot of it wouldn't fly on official servers.  As an example, Syntac introduces the Deino by going after one with a Snow Owl.  Snow Owls are not transferable to Valg and won't be until October.  Talks about how he's worried about his Deino dying, while spawning in a Rex to test it against.  <slap forehead>  Just spawn another Deino if that's how you roll.

Nooblets cruised on his reputation.   All his stuff is dated as hell and a lot of it doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, Garet said:

Phlinger is entertaining for what he is but you can't believe everything he says.  All these guys, Syntac, and his group are fine as entertainment, but when they start giving how tos and such, take it with a grain of salt.  Each of them plays PVE with PVP settings, picking up wild dinos, boosted rates, etc.  A lot of it wouldn't fly on official servers.  As an example, Syntac introduces the Deino by going after one with a Snow Owl.  Snow Owls are not transferable to Valg and won't be until October.  Talks about how he's worried about his Deino dying, while spawning in a Rex to test it against.  <slap forehead>  Just spawn another Deino if that's how you roll.

Nooblets cruised on his reputation.   All his stuff is dated as hell and a lot of it doesn't work.

they would be more suited to the population that dont do official, also syntac does great breeding vids. also i understand why he does not play on official. i too dont like official. they are just casual players who make vids for a living and provide entertainment. dont go thinking every ark tuber that does lets plays or play throughs or tutorials must be a fully knowledge player. the gaming evolved community including: meola, syntac, cheese, jimbob and axeman all learn how to play the game by playing the game, that is the best way to learn IMO. dont go criticizing them for having fun and making people laugh along the way. its people like LC and neroku who dont even show gameplay footage and yet go stating what is coming to the game that should be criticized.  

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

they would be more suited to the population that dont do official, also syntac does great breeding vids. also i understand why he does not play on official. i too dont like official. they are just casual players who make vids for a living and provide entertainment. dont go thinking every ark tuber that does lets plays or play throughs or tutorials must be a fully knowledge player. the gaming evolved community including: meola, syntac, cheese, jimbob and axeman all learn how to play the game by playing the game, that is the best way to learn IMO. dont go criticizing them for having fun and making people laugh along the way. its people like LC and neroku who dont even show gameplay footage and yet go stating what is coming to the game that should be criticized.  

Misinformation is wrong, no matter who its coming from.  Syntac and breeding?  He thinks a torpor mutation is a thing.

12 minutes ago, Garet said:

Misinformation is wrong, no matter who its coming from.  Syntac and breeding?  He thinks a torpor mutation is a thing.

he used to, remember there is no official site for breeding mutations and he does not read the se forums meaning what he learn he learns from gameplay. he does not think there is a torpor mutation anymore. also u cant go judging someone who plays to enertain on their factual knowledge and what they are supposedly teaching you. if you have heard of tubers like the diamond minecart. he is a tuber who makes videos to entetain people and make them laugh. i think syntac wants to do the same thing. entertain.

7 hours ago, Garet said:

The thing I've  found with a lot of these youtubers is they tend to follow one another like sheep. There is very little in the way of new information coming out from them, just the same old pointless ideas that rarely work on Official PVP servers. To give you an example I know of a very handy little trick that I have been using since 2016. To this day I have not seen it mentioned once on any youtube video and its not the kind of irrelevant trick that perhaps would justify the blanket ignorance. It has very good PVP applications.

Syntac is an excellent "everyman" kind of player, imo. His videos are entertaining, he's clearly having fun playing, and I feel like he actually does know quite a lot more about the game than he lets on, it's just that being overly informative isn't really in his video style. I also feel like he doesn't really go out of his way to challenge himself that much, but his content is still good enough, and inspires others like myself to follow along with him. You won't learn much from his videos, but you'll have fun watching him, and I really like that no matter what I'm doing in game, he probably has a video where he's done it himself. Having that comprehensive of a content library is really nice when you just want something on in the background while you're grinding it out in game (or at work, etc).

That said I was really surprised that I've actually learned things from Phlinger Phoo. I really don't like his narration style though, which is a shame because he really does know his stuff.

I know it doesn't make for great content, but I really wish I could find a niche Ark channel that focused more on the aspects of the game that don't make it into the average video. It's quite funny as a long time player to see just how much of the game actually gets left out. Never mind map seasons and boss runs, I'd love to see someone do "seasons" of breeding project animals, preferably something other than boss rexes for the 9000th time. I suppose that's better suited for Twitch, though. Seeing over a month's worth of gameplay condensed into a 30 minute video is kind of meh when you just want to follow along while you're doing your own comparable project.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, Piffguru said:

Honestly dont know how loadedcrysis keeps it up, ALL of his videos are BS. When I started playing I let some of his videos play and realized it was zero content made up theories but his videos kept popping up on my feeds so I ended up going through every video of his I watched and deleted it from my history so I dont see that garbage anymore.

Now for syntac, I do enjoy his videos most of the time but his voice is a bit annoying and like every video has him saying "I dont know", "Im not even sure" like 50 times. Wish he could read the wiki sometimes and start knowing stuff. Also he says he is Irish and I just dont believe it based on the accent.

"I don't even understand" "I ____, I really do" etc lmao

But his accent is definitely Irish. Very clearly Irish. I think some people with American accents struggle differentiating because some irish accents can sound a bit like american/canadian accents, especially when it's so soft

2 minutes ago, MYTVY said:

"I don't even understand" "I ____, I really do" etc lmao

But his accent is definitely Irish. Very clearly Irish. I think some people with American accents struggle differentiating because some irish accents can sound a bit like american/canadian accents, especially when it's so soft

Yea I cant even say I think hes lying or anything but to me, being an American there is almost nothing in his accent that signals "Irish" to me. I guess its a good thing as a youtuber to not have a harsh accent. But listening to him my gut tells me he is probably a Canadian that moved to Dublin or something like that but honestly who cares if he delivers content.

1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

Yea I cant even say I think hes lying or anything but to me, being an American there is almost nothing in his accent that signals "Irish" to me. I guess its a good thing as a youtuber to not have a harsh accent. But listening to him my gut tells me he is probably a Canadian that moved to Dublin or something like that but honestly who cares if he delivers content.

As a brit, I can see the resemblance to canadian but I can definitely tell the difference. 100% irish, just a light accent. Also worth mentioning, obviously there are plenty of different dialects in ireland as in all countries but northern and southern ireland have very different sounds, you may know irish as a northern irish accent, even a strong southern accent is softer

I tend to only check out game related online resources when I want to learn or confirm something. So I want my answers quickly. That tends to rule out most Your Tube videos as they are not geared to provide people with definitive answers, and even when they do, you have to wade through 20 minutes of crap to extract one useful tidbit. 'Nooblets' is the only one I'll watch at all these days; mostly because he doesn't speak like a freakizoid. 

told loaded crysis  whats what today, also told him to check this out to see what other people are saying about him 

here is a copy of the comment

Dear loaded crysis, Please stop posting fake content just to get subscribers I know that the Acro in the Ark additions mod is a real think but not in actual ark. And I have heard nothing of a new under water DLC, the amargasaurus, gorgonopsia, concavenator, or any other of these dinos coming to ark. The "dragon king" completely fake. I understand this is a good way to get subscribers but still. If you want to see what other people have been saying about you check Out the ark community forums YouTubers and Clickbaiters I go under fulton on the forums by the way

I really hate looking for build videos to get some good ideas to use anymore.  You search for official server builds, check the video date to make sure it current and then find that the person doing the video is using creative mode & mods.  Its really annoying to go to something that was stated to be one thing, and find it to be something totally different.  I don't even bother to dislike them either because, and this is a fact,  likes & Dislikes improve their youtube ranking, its better just not to dislike at all and let them continue to stay in the lower ranks.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:17 PM, Piffguru said:

I cant believe there is a conversation going on about my questionable accent xD Just to clear things up, I am 100% Irish, my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents etc are all 100% Irish. Id show my birth cert if that didn't DOX my identity :P 

Years back when i first started playing games online on PS3 (COD4 days) i noticed that people thought i had a speech impediment or something, Like most places in the world, letters can sound different, for example, most of my English friends don't pronounce words like "Wall" correctly, sounds like "Wawl". Irish people don't really pronounce the H in words so "Thirty" turns into "Tirty". After realising people couldn't understand me well i started to force the H into words and correct other parts of my speech, which made me abandoned the stereotypical Irish sounding words. Though they sometimes slip out in videos and when im talking.

Another thing to note is that the Irish have hundreds of accents, you can go down the road and people will sound way different. I live in North Dublin and where i grew up nobody really sounded like the stereotypical Irish person. Also worth noting that in the 3 years i've been making content i've mostly been hanging out with Americans, my Wife is Canadian... Having these types of people around constantly will have an effect on your accent and the words you'd use :P

Back on topic, I appreciate people not calling me clickbait, someone DMed me this thread and reading through made me smile hah I do use all cap titles because I honestly think it looks cleaner, i considered switching back to varied but decided that it doesnt matter much, i hardly think its baity but that's just me. But hey, atleast my tltles aren't like this ;) "TAMING a HIGH LEVEL GALLIMIMUS for KIBBLE" lol 

Archived