Community Crunch 198: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, TimeBomb2003 said:

someone told me: "remember how broken extinction was?" But then I said that "it didn't seem broken to me. "

What are you trying to tell me?

I think you forgot that the obelisks were broken on Extinction release and are still broken to this day. What a broken map.

• Haha 1

thats a bad analogy, criminals have guns to keep themselves safe while conducting criminal behavior which is of no difference of perception  than a law abiding citizen having a firearm to keep themselves safe from those involved in criminal conduct.
even when a 'bad person" uses a firearm to do bad things to others they are somewhat of a sound mind in their judgment to use what's perceived as being the most effective in completing their objective which is to use said firearm to shoot people thus giving others the perception that firearms are not safe.

thats called duality/balance, good or bad and or vice versa is but ones perception or the perception of many yet the truth is but a common perception where as a fact is an indisputable truth no different than a opinion is to a belief of one as it is to many.

firearms are safe even when used to commit "evil" (perceptional) or used by "good people" (perceptional) to thwart such "evil", it all depends on who you ask and how they perceive it, hitler and his followers thought they were doing good where as others thought differently where as others dont care about the subject.

funny/odd how many people praise Wernher Von Braun for his work with NASA yet say next to nothing how he first worked for the Nazis/ Hitler. i guess understanding changes people more than time ever will.

individuality is a sense of perception of oneself, understanding someone else as one understands oneself to be different, we can agree or disagree  and be fine to talk again later my neechie.         

2 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

"I didn't notice anything"

You're like saying "i have a gun, i dont shoot people, therefore guns are safe"....

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

You're not going blind. They didn't add the numbers specifically to make things ambiguous. From the posts I read where people were impacted, it was something like 100 small dinos cumulative of any small dino type. So if you have 30 jerboa and 30 lightpets and 30 otters and 10 rollrats, you're at 100ish, and at risk for enforcement.

And I get WHY they do it, but we small breeders want things to be equal between us and the large breeders.  (Trust me, I'm a believer in cryopods. They saved PVE servers. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and to me it's easier to unpod 500 gigas, breed them, and repod them than it is to unpod 100 small dinos, feed them so they don't starve out during cyrosick, breed, repod, etc.)  

Just wait until they crack down on deinonychus farms too...

Truthfully, if they made it so PVE didn't get cryosickness, or, even barring that, if cryopods remembered breeding states so I didn't have to constantly re-enable breeding, I'd be reasonably content with whatever else they chose to restrict.

Have you tried Ark Smartbreeder? It has saved me wonders remembering the stats. An I get it but its just too vague. They can enforce as they want sure its their game but if they do so willy nilly then players will become disenchanted with a potentially awesome game.

Why do people talk so poopty of this game but can't wait to get back to playing it? Lol it makes no sense and just makes you sound stupid. If you really have that much of an issue with the game do yourself a favor and STOP PLAYING! 

Edited by Dankinstein
It changed shi**y to poopty lmao!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SaayaLaLa said:

Have you tried Ark Smartbreeder? It has saved me wonders remembering the stats. An I get it but its just too vague. They can enforce as they want sure its their game but if they do so willy nilly then players will become disenchanted with a potentially awesome game.

Yeah, I live and die by the Ark Smartbreeder. Truly an amazing program and I ❤️ all the people who continue to support it and make it work, including the people who made a new .json for deinonychuses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dankinstein said:

Why do people talk so poopty of this game but can't wait to get back to playing it? Lol it makes no sense and just makes you sound stupid. If you really have that much of an issue with the game do yourself a favor and STOP PLAYING! 

if we didnt like playing it we wouldn't be complaining about the bugs the fact is that we do like playing it but we hate running into the constant bugs that are never fixed. if you pay attention we are not complaining about what the game is meant to be we are complaining about the bugs that stop the game from being great

and when we pay raptor tonnes of money for the game advertised as released and complete and its dlc we expect to have an experiance that doesnt feel like the game is still in its alpha state.

ark almost never releases bug fixes for the bigger bugs and when it does it generlly adds new content that contains a raptor tonne more big bugs  resulting in 1 step forward and 5 steps back for bug fixes and personnely id pay if they released a dlc that fixed all the bugs because paying extra for the game to decent is better than paying for bugs and problems with added dinos

Edited by Naeris890

11 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

Many people know how to fix the game, its about priorities.
Wildcard would not want to hire problem solvers, because they want to make content, content content, not fix things, its their idiology.

Even if i would present myself as a QOL/programmer/problemsolver they would just not hire me or anyone like that.
I am a modder for about 20 years, and make mods for ARK, and i know a hell lot about how games and companies work, and how they have their priorities....dont you tell me i have no idea ;)

Well seems you do not have the idea here on some parts. Some of the bugs are not fixable without epic fixing their engine. There are some bugs that have been sitting on ue4 bug list since 2 years. Its something the wc cant do for them. Some bugs are not feasable to fix at this point of software life. Would take more than give.

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

Well seems you do not have the idea here on some parts. Some of the bugs are not fixable without epic fixing their engine. There are some bugs that have been sitting on ue4 bug list since 2 years. Its something the wc cant do for them. Some bugs are not feasable to fix at this point of software life. Would take more than give.

we dont excpect them to fix all the bugs instantly but the problem is when they release an update there will be like 3 minor bug fixes and the rest are just changes and talking about lost characters. try compareing the ark updates to the updates of other games and you will see what i mean

17 hours ago, IlConquestlI said:

You guys know how Microsoft has been buying studios lately? Like low budget studios with moderately successful indie games? I really, really hope Microsoft buys Wildcard. The passion at the studio is totally there, they all clearly want to make the game the best it can be. It just seems like they don't have enough manpower or funding right now to do what we all want, UI overhaul, bug fixes, and performance fixes. If Microsoft were to buy Wildcard, the game could get so much better with that kind of support. From what I've seen as well, Microsoft doesn't really meddle with the projects too much, they just support them This game could truly return to the top if a move like that happens. 

It can't happen because Wildcard already belongs to a chinese company called Snail Games that bought it in the 2015. That's why PixArk and Dark and Light (the latter has the same Ark's scripts for this reason XD).
Plus, all the issues the game has come from the obsolete engine they're using. They can't update it because is a modded one so, yeah, Ark and all the game with that engine will always have bugs that can't be fixed. Wildcard always tried to fix bugs, we all see that, and if the older ones haven't been fixed is because they can't.
But, yeah, I wonder why the hell Wildcard choose a company that only aim to money above quality. Snail games if who wanted the game fully released even if it wasn't complete. At this point i really hope it won't interfere with the original project.

5 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

It can't happen because Wildcard already belongs to a chinese company called Snail Games that bought it in the 2015. That's why PixArk and Dark and Light (the latter has the same Ark's scripts for this reason XD).
Plus, all the issues the game has come from the obsolete engine they're using. They can't update it because is a modded one so, yeah, Ark and all the game with that engine will always have bugs that can't be fixed. Wildcard always tried to fix bugs, we all see that, and if the older ones haven't been fixed is because they can't.
But, yeah, I wonder why the hell Wildcard choose a company that only aim to money above quality. Snail games if who wanted the game fully released even if it wasn't complete. At this point i really hope it won't interfere with the original project.

I never considered that. I always pictured Wildcard as  a small company on their own, yikes.Anyways, thanks for informing me.

• Like 1