Community Crunch 198: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

StudioWildcard

I would prefer a stability, bug fix, make the HUD customizable (and therefore make it useful and informative) patch instead of new content. Look, you guys are pretty awesome at game design and holy crap the maps you have made truly are innovative and beautiful. But we have serious problems that need fixed before we get more. Please listen. I'm not being rude, just practical. 

My tribe recently had a 389 purebred Managarmr (crazy good stats with a 100 armor saddle) stop in the middle of the air on Scorched Earth Official slowly float away like Mary Poppins and disappeared thought he top of the game, 3 weeks later we gets its "Replacement" a level 201 (your current policy) and a primitive saddle.

A week later another Purebred Managarmr disappeared through the top of the game on the same map, the GMs did not reply to my friend on that one yet...

Now, a 212 Rock Drake (Born at 190, which is HARD AF to find btw) just drops through the bottom of Scorched Earth in the Wyvern trench and disappeared and never died, just gone. Now the GM wants me to "Schedule an appointment" for a replacement, which would be fine, however... The next available appointment is over a month from now... Like, really?? Come on.

I get it though, I'm a blue blooded Capitalist and I know you have to pay for quality and service, which I have absolutely NO PROBLEM doing. You've made a truly impressive and breathtaking game here and I'm going to royally piss off my fellow gamers with this suggestion... But I suggest you start a Subscription based service to help you expand your development team and most importantly Customer Service. Make it optional, and people with the subscription goes straight to the front of the line for Customer Service and any free players just get their needs met whenever you get to them.

• Thanks 1

The thing up top looks kinda like a giant Mosquito. it has the round cone shape and a large proboscics.It also looks like it has tentacles near its mouth and a odd tail or maybe an arm. I can see the wings but no legs on this creature but it has a spiked underbelly so maybe it spawns in the lava zone or since it has no legs it could be a water dino and those wings are flippers.

"Data Corruption Detected" in the bottom left, and from what I've tried to work through, I think the top right is just the unreadable corrupted data that will be possibly cleared up for us in the next teasers. 

All I've gotten off the top was

_ _ L 8 c e _ _

_ f _ _ _ _ _ _

m _ _ _ _ x _ _

Edited by LadyKunaya
Submitted early by mistake while trying to make space

Serious question an I’m not gonna yell scream kick or cry, Im genuinely aquiring about a slight decrease in time for taming an  breeding. I seriously love the game although I do find myself saying fml about 100 times while playing it lol the game already consumes majority of free time. But during the week 1times is grueling an frustrating on official, if we could even get 1.5 during the week an maybe 2.5 every other week I feel ppl would be more inclined to play or wouldn’t drive newcomers away. First impressions are everything an someone new comes in they are discouraged immediately by these times maybe not breeding but taming for sure. I find nothing wrong with tame times for gigas or rock element but tame times for a pithicus or Thylo or even a carno is too long for something that could get killed the moment it’s tamed. I love y’all, I just want the game to be great. So plz consider or even entertain the thought for a week or two an see how it works.

4 minutes ago, LadyKunaya said:

"Data Corruption Detected" in the bottom left, and from what I've tried to work through, I think the top right is just the unreadable corrupted data that will be possibly cleared up for us in the next teasers. 

The stuff at the right turned out to be part of an arg, it was a secret code apparently.

I just want to be able to block/mute people.   You would think it would go on your changelog for consideration, but it's not on there at all, even with a "we discussed it and can't/won't  do it for x,y,z" reason.   This makes me think it was a deliberate design choice.   Is that the case? It must be the case because this isn't the first time or the last it will be mentioned, if not by me, by someone else. 

You know what? That makes me sad because I truly enjoy this game.  Yes, you have a report mechanism.  And no, I don't have proof of what happened because I was an idiot about that and too nice by half.  I really didn't expect things to get to this point, but they did, and I should have proof, but I don't.  So making an actual complaint about the  individual in question seems sort of pointless and futile.  However, my overall point shouldn't be.

It just seems  to me though that my whole situation (and others like it) could have been avoided at the start if either I or the other party could have just muted each other to begin with.  That I wouldn't be sitting here, having to give up a game I really love and refund the expansion I just bought because you for some reason (and I have no idea what is going through your heads because none of you will comment on it) won't implement anything that lets us manage how we communicate with people in the game, even in PVE (you expect assholery in PVP really).  I can sit here and theorize why that is, but I truly don't know.  However, people should not be able to force you to endure their company or give up whatever you've built and how hard you have worked in PVE.  Those shouldn't be the only two choices, as that person is apparently more than willing to make you pay for even communicating in global, for being present at all unless you are willing to interact with them. That's not fair, and there's  enough of that crap in real life I don't think it's needed in something that's supposed to be a game that you do for fun.  

Yo edgelords, please feel free to comment on how I am a butthurt little crybaby and whatever.  To the devs -  I just think it would be easier for everyone involved, including  your helpdesk,  if there was a mechanism for this in game.  Yeah part of it is selfish.  But there is an overall reason I think why most games include the ability to block/ignore people and I have no idea why you've chosen to disregard that.

when is a fix coming to fix the endless pillar spam dino gate spam and so on. You are wiping the beginner servers every so often where are they going to go to. Most all servers I have went to is just mindless pillar spam you have to run around for 30 min sometimes just to find a place to set down a fire on a few servers. Something really needs to be done on this. If you cant stand to have someone build someplace close to you if you think you can control what is to be "Protected" by pillar spam then go play single player. Same for large bases still even after cryo are full of dinos that these bases and the dinos in them always moving there tail and so forth cause lag and they ones that own the base only get on when its a event and usally just long enough to feed. And reporting them does nothing I have reported a guy that has had over 20+ dinos on the green ob also pillar spam gate spam ect all threw out the map keeping ppl from building in about a 1/4 of the map and dinos everywhere at base when its just him and 1 other person in that tribe that plays yet nothing has ever been done it any of the stuff dinos blocking ob still there. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:53 PM, BERSERK3R said:

Wildcard fixing since 2015, what could go wrong......
At this point, i wouldnt even want them to fix anything, 2 steps forward, 3 steps backwards.....loss of characters, loss of progress, los off faith...

Uhm, ALL i need is BUGFIXES, PERFORMANCE FIXES, QOL, UPDATED ENGINE, UI OVERHAUL, and a new HARDDRIVE.....thank you :)

Meanwhile the game in a horrible state, on consoles, pc, gambreaking bugs exist, lag, exploits, and there it comes "MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES". who cares, how about you focus fully on fixing the game, instead going FULL new content...?

Oh and Wildcard cannot seem to fix [][][][][][] [][][] [][][], yeah maximum effort....
100.000 video games, only ONE in existence ever that has language issues, this must be rocketscience, or Wildcard does not give any poop about us....I don't know.

I am so dissapointed, every time again.

I have 16000 hours played and I have yet to encounter any game breaking bugs, yes there are annoying bugs, but hardly game breaking, and my base is huge, in the city on extinction beside another huge base.. and I get 70 + frames in base.. try buying a new potato for the game … and the download for the language fix takes about 3 seconds to download.. fyi 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:53 AM, BERSERK3R said:

Wildcard fixing since 2015, what could go wrong......
At this point, i wouldnt even want them to fix anything, 2 steps forward, 3 steps backwards.....loss of characters, loss of progress, los off faith...

Uhm, ALL i need is BUGFIXES, PERFORMANCE FIXES, QOL, UPDATED ENGINE, UI OVERHAUL, and a new HARDDRIVE.....thank you :)

Meanwhile the game in a horrible state, on consoles, pc, gambreaking bugs exist, lag, exploits, and there it comes "MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES". who cares, how about you focus fully on fixing the game, instead going FULL new content...?

Oh and Wildcard cannot seem to fix [][][][][][] [][][] [][][], yeah maximum effort....
100.000 video games, only ONE in existence ever that has language issues, this must be rocketscience, or Wildcard does not give any poop about us....I don't know.

I am so dissapointed, every time again.

maybe you should quit ark mate. seems like theres to many problems for ya

Not sure what end i am looking at, on the one hand it looks like it has  a huge blade on one of its arms, on the other hand it looks like that huge blade is actually its face. In any case it looks awesome, cant wait for more. Keep up the awesome work WC.

Also props to the people who are here to comment on the topic and not basically everything else.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hyday said:

Not sure what end i am looking at, on the one hand it looks like it has  a huge blade on one of its arms, on the other hand it looks like that huge blade is actually its face. In any case it looks awesome, cant wait for more. Keep up the awesome work WC.

Also props to the people who are here to comment on the topic and not basically everything else.

This is what I see when I look at it

mt6.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

This is what I see when I look at it

mt6.jpg

lol That makes it more clear thanks!

But i am not crazy right? like the mouth parts look like a hand and the needle nose looks like an arm blade, with the tail and stinger looking like the other arm.

I see it now though, and i think... dear god... i mean meganura and those DAMN ants were bad enough, but if we get swarms of these? well just one more reason to stay out of swamps, behind leeches, sarcos, snakes, and of course everyones FAVORITE jump-scare, Kapros. Honestly, FU&K the swamps, you want to have a good time in ark? STAY OUT OF THE SWAMPS!  (though they are very pretty at sunset and th-asrtgfliauergdahbgaregngreg GOD DAMN KAPRO!!!)

On 9/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, Monak said:

thats a bad analogy, criminals have guns to keep themselves safe while conducting criminal behavior which is of no difference of perception  than a law abiding citizen having a firearm to keep themselves safe from those involved in criminal conduct.
even when a 'bad person" uses a firearm to do bad things to others they are somewhat of a sound mind in their judgment to use what's perceived as being the most effective in completing their objective which is to use said firearm to shoot people thus giving others the perception that firearms are not safe.       

weapons lobby = A money machine, at the cost of human life!
What if if, no one had more weapons (the exception are, the state power: military and police, etc.) and all weapons would be destroyed!

Probably the people would solve arguments / conflicts with words, in the worst case with some objects to do something!

But presumably these killing sprees would not happen anymore and fewer people would be killed by using weapons!

On 9/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, TimeBomb2003 said:

1: Would you rather them say: "Rule breaking has increased and we are not going to do anything about it."?

2: Nothings wrong with the UI. As for the other stuff, that would be nice(save for the hard drive, that's your problem), but don't you think they've heard that enough? If "fixing there game" was able to be done with the snap of there fingers, they would do it. But unfortunately, its just not that simple.

3: If your lagging, you need a better PC. Also, I care, along with a lot of other people.

4: So I assume that you personally have played all 100,000 games, and have found out that 99,999 of them have PERFECT language translation, without a single misspelled word?

with that being said, THIS TEASER LOOKS SOOO COOL THANK YOU WILDCARD FOR BEING AWESOME!(not a joke)

Dude it’s not a hard fix as many other game have had temporary glitches similar to arks and have been smart and put all efforts toward fixing it within 1-7 days before going back to normal, for example meshing, many people have posted the new meshing methods in a ticket as they are found, i personally know 2 extremely easy and broken ways of meshing that have been used against me at least 6 times, I currently am playing dedi as on official I’ve lost over half a years worth of bases due to meshing alone. So yes it is that simple it’s just a matter of them focusing on it, fortunately the best way that the community had a voice was through popular YouTube ark players, now all ark YouTube’s now have devs that they can DM personally to have their issues dealt with. This is a lack of effort put into fixing there game no complexity.