Community Crunch 198: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

StudioWildcard

It has been a while since I have commented on one of the Community Crunch threads, but after reading the comments I feel as though I should. If for nothing else then to say Thanks to the Wildcard team. ?

I know the game has issues, I know that new content tends to to come with some fun and some terror, and I know that official networks most certainly have issues that those of us on unofficially simply deal with differently - and as such, some of us may not be as bothered by some by them. 

But in the end of the day, issues or not, I still play it. I still pay a monthly sum so that a group of people can play it together. And I will still do my own version of fixes every time the game updates and something is broken, to keep the core of it alive and the players as happy as I can. And I will continue to do so and will enjoy the new content as it arrives - problems or not- until the day that ARK 2 arrives or content finally stops presenting itself to us. 

So thank you Wildcard for a game I spend more time than I should playing. I fully enjoy it, as do others in my cluster, and we cannot wait to hear what else may be coming our way. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You guys know how Microsoft has been buying studios lately? Like low budget studios with moderately successful indie games? I really, really hope Microsoft buys Wildcard. The passion at the studio is totally there, they all clearly want to make the game the best it can be. It just seems like they don't have enough manpower or funding right now to do what we all want, UI overhaul, bug fixes, and performance fixes. If Microsoft were to buy Wildcard, the game could get so much better with that kind of support. From what I've seen as well, Microsoft doesn't really meddle with the projects too much, they just support them This game could truly return to the top if a move like that happens. 

• Like 1

This ?????? looks ugly and that's Genesis would need! Hope Rockwell is part of Genesis, if yes, new creatures should be creation of him, then to be as ugly as he is after his ascending. Also, please, maybe something really hard. I really hope a new map really harsh, rough, and painful to survive. Extinction was a bit challenging, but about titans and King. But the environment ain't really painful. You should keep in mind ppl got really OP dinosaurs now (powerfull gigas or rexes) and they can handle everything after transfers would be open. Even transferring were disabled, Extinction was not so challenging.

Maybe casu gamers won't like this, but i really ppl playing at Ark aren't casuals, but mostly hardcore gamers.

Keep working hard, make something crazy for us, we are expecting something again huge.

1 hour ago, IlConquestlI said:

You guys know how Microsoft has been buying studios lately? Like low budget studios with moderately successful indie games? I really, really hope Microsoft buys Wildcard. The passion at the studio is totally there, they all clearly want to make the game the best it can be. It just seems like they don't have enough manpower or funding right now to do what we all want, UI overhaul, bug fixes, and performance fixes. If Microsoft were to buy Wildcard, the game could get so much better with that kind of support. From what I've seen as well, Microsoft doesn't really meddle with the projects too much, they just support them This game could truly return to the top if a move like that happens. 

Oh I sincerely hope not. If that were to happen, those of us playing on ps4 can say goodbye to all updates, support, and future dlc. That would not butter my toast.

Not to say, I'd be opposed to a different large studio buying them and lending their support and resources to improving the game. Just not Microsoft.

Edited by Purdbag

The new creature seems to be called Blade Wasp (however this does not work at the terminal uplink form)

For those trying to solve the new puzzle, probably decoding the right message, remember how we decoded past broken messages. ARK lang has some peculiarities that can help dealing with swapping, adding or removing characters, etc. Just take a look at the decoder wiki page and learn how the characters are made.

A suggestion for WC, it would be better to have this in a sepparate topic because there is too much noise from ppl complaining about different issues, instead focusing on solve this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SaayaLaLa said:

I agree, and they should not ignore players who misuse/misplay the game. We have a base on our server with at least 50 jerboas of all colors hidden in a corner of the map. They are trying to build where no one goes to avoid being caught. They know they are doing wrong. WC does need to take a step back and solidify the game and make it flow better before it goes the way of Fall-Out 76.

" goes the way of Fall-Out 76."

You have read my mind.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lucian said:

delivering content as well as fixes 

Well yeah, but you know whats wrong with this right?

Wildcard prioritises content over quality.
Don't tell me they do everthingin their power to prioritise a stable game?
They are well aware of the state, and bugs, as they have fixed some of them after 4 years.

As being a modder myself, i know its much more fun to push content, and challenge yourself than "FIXING BUGS..ugh..".
But im modding for fun, i do not get payed, but still feel responsible for my fans of my content, and I will apologise.

Wildcard on the other hand.....

Yes I do love more content, but the more love for new content there is, the easier it is for them to make more  moooore mooooooooaaaarrrr yaaasss moneeeey yaass!!!
The worse the stability becomes of the game.

I have complained a LOT about QOL, and despite ppl hated me for that, many features were implemented because of that. (I pushed "disable ally looking", and map markers").
If i would praise them for content, they would NOT HAVE BOTHERED, because new content is more fun than making the game pleasant to play.

But I assume, kids would like content over quality, as they get more easily pleased, they would be fine with 5 fps, they dont know poop about anything.
As you grow older you understand, how marketing and companies work, and realise its sometimes good to be critical to make a change.

I KNOW they will get content out ANYWAY, so complimenting them, doesnt matter, they will do it anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

I do really really wish they'd at least give us a font pack that had all the characters from their more popular non english languages. Chinese, Japanese, Cyrillic, and Arabic.  At least then I wouldn't have to use a font pack that doesn't format correctly keeping me from seeing certain things, and at least I could conveniently use google translate.

Thank you, exactly.

Also when you want to report someone: "Wildcard, i want to report "[][][][][]"...myeah.

12 hours ago, Luewen said:

Since you seem to know how to fix the game why dont you go work for WC instead of blabbering nonsense about stuff you have no idea.

Many people know how to fix the game, its about priorities.
Wildcard would not want to hire problem solvers, because they want to make content, content content, not fix things, its their idiology.

Even if i would present myself as a QOL/programmer/problemsolver they would just not hire me or anyone like that.
I am a modder for about 20 years, and make mods for ARK, and i know a hell lot about how games and companies work, and how they have their priorities....dont you tell me i have no idea ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eldyo said:

Just a tip for Wildcard; disable PVP altogether and expand Ark around PVE, with a war mechanic where both tribes need to accept. 

PVP brings out the worst in people and by banning it, you'll get rid of a huge toxic swell in the community. 

PVE has its toxicity too, but with PVP gone, it should start to self-regulate. 

NO.

I will promise you people make ANYTHING toxic, even fun innocent games.
So removing PVP will make those horrible people go to PVE and start haxing/duping there, it will happen.
And people are already duping and hacking in PVE.

It is the challenge, and competition that makes people do that, doesnt matter what game or mode.
PVP needs to stay so toxic people can be toxic there, and keep them from investing the PVE servers.

14 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

I do remember extinction, I didn't notice anything that different or bad happen(probably cause I play singleplayer). As for it being only fun when it first releases, that's your opinion, not mine. And since when is new content bad for a game?

"I didn't notice anything"

You're like saying "i have a gun, i dont shoot people, therefore guns are safe"....

5 hours ago, Blackmage2015 said:

Really could of gave us a bit more than just a fragmented picture. Show us some new mechanics being released. Or how the map is starting to look

Mysterious Mysteries are traditional for ark at this point.

Their torn versions of the dossiers without words, we've had lots of these before.

You can expect to see new game mechanics and such later on, closer to the release, and I expect we'll see some during the ExtraLife stream.

6 hours ago, SaayaLaLa said:

I agree, and they should not ignore players who misuse/misplay the game. We have a base on our server with at least 50 jerboas of all colors hidden in a corner of the map. They are trying to build where no one goes to avoid being caught. They know they are doing wrong. WC does need to take a step back and solidify the game and make it flow better before it goes the way of Fall-Out 76.

1) If they have that many event jerboa, they're breeding.

2) The limit for "small easy tames" is somewhere in the region of 100 small tames out per tribe, based off the reports of people who did get their stuff killed. 50 is way under that limit.

3)As a lightpet breeder myself, I'm already paranoid enough that somebody is going to report my females out because they are pregnant, let alone the full 100. (Please note that I have fridges and fridges and fridges of shinehorns and featherlights and glowtails and otters but I only have a very small amount out at a time because I don't want to get wrongfully reported.)

4)II they're in the corner of the map, it is because they are trying to build where no one goes because they don't want nosy people reporting them when they aren't doing anything wrong even against the recently modified COC.  I have seen many posts just like yours accusing rex breeders, giga breeders, etc of tame spamming, so of course they're going to hide their breeding operations because while it's ok to have a tribe capped with 500 female gigas out, having 100 female jerboa (or otter or lightpet or rollrat etc) will get you devwiped, and if people report the giga guys even when they're not doing anything wrong, they're going to spam report the jerboa guys.

And yes, I know what tame spam is. I've seen legitimate tame spam. I've reported boat spam. But what you are reporting sounds like a breeder to me.

Edited by Caerbannog

19 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

1) If they have that many event jerboa, they're breeding.

2) The limit for "small easy tames" is somewhere in the region of 100 small tames out per tribe, based off the reports of people who did get their stuff killed. 50 is way under that limit.

3)As a lightpet breeder myself, I'm already paranoid enough that somebody is going to report my females out because they are pregnant, let alone the full 100. (Please note that I have fridges and fridges and fridges of shinehorns and featherlights and glowtails and otters but I only have a very small amount out at a time because I don't want to get wrongfully reported.)

4)II they're in the corner of the map, it is because they are trying to build where no one goes because they don't want nosy people reporting them when they aren't doing anything wrong even against the recently modified COC.  I have seen many posts just like yours accusing rex breeders, giga breeders, etc of tame spamming, so of course they're going to hide their breeding operations because while it's ok to have a tribe capped with 500 female gigas out, having 100 female jerboa (or otter or lightpet or rollrat etc) will get you devwiped, and if people report the giga guys even when they're not doing anything wrong, they're going to spam report the jerboa guys.

And yes, I know what tame spam is. I've seen legitimate tame spam. I've reported boat spam. But what you are reporting sounds like a breeder to me.

I don't mind breeders but I should have mentioned that this is their 10th base on the map, my fault for leaving that out. An not little bases either. I don't mind breeders go for it, breed away I love seeing breeders enjoy their work. I remember recently someone got wiped for featherlights for having 50 out and the devs stating it was 50. I reviewed the CoC in reponse to your post and the numbers are removed. No 50 and no 100 unless I'm going blind. So whatever I guess we'll just have to deal or move to another game. This is not worth it if the devs are going to ignore players.

30 minutes ago, SaayaLaLa said:

I don't mind breeders but I should have mentioned that this is their 10th base on the map, my fault for leaving that out. An not little bases either. I don't mind breeders go for it, breed away I love seeing breeders enjoy their work. I remember recently someone got wiped for featherlights for having 50 out and the devs stating it was 50. I reviewed the CoC in reponse to your post and the numbers are removed. No 50 and no 100 unless I'm going blind. So whatever I guess we'll just have to deal or move to another game. This is not worth it if the devs are going to ignore players.

You're not going blind. They didn't add the numbers specifically to make things ambiguous. From the posts I read where people were impacted, it was something like 100 small dinos cumulative of any small dino type. So if you have 30 jerboa and 30 lightpets and 30 otters and 10 rollrats, you're at 100ish, and at risk for enforcement.

And I get WHY they do it, but we small breeders want things to be equal between us and the large breeders.  (Trust me, I'm a believer in cryopods. They saved PVE servers. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and to me it's easier to unpod 500 gigas, breed them, and repod them than it is to unpod 100 small dinos, feed them so they don't starve out during cyrosick, breed, repod, etc.)  

Just wait until they crack down on deinonychus farms too...

Truthfully, if they made it so PVE didn't get cryosickness, or, even barring that, if cryopods remembered breeding states so I didn't have to constantly re-enable breeding, I'd be reasonably content with whatever else they chose to restrict.