Community Crunch 198: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

StudioWildcard

18 minutes ago, BERSERK3R said:

Good for you for being so positive!

You do realise that new content will be bad for the game and be only fun when it first releases, and hypes?

Do you even remember Extinction, how it BROKE the game, features, creatures, etc. etc. people lost characters, bases, etc. because the dome was broken?
This is typical Wildcard, get content out, break the game.
You don't realise what consequenses this has for the game, and its community?
Just wondering, as you praise Wildcard for putting visuals above stability and balance....

I do remember extinction, I didn't notice anything that different or bad happen(probably cause I play singleplayer). As for it being only fun when it first releases, that's your opinion, not mine. And since when is new content bad for a game?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

I do remember extinction, I didn't notice anything that different or bad happen(probably cause I play singleplayer). As for it being only fun when it first releases, that's your opinion, not mine. And since when is new content bad for a game?

normally new content is great for a game but somehow wildcard manages to screw it up like it does everything(HOD, Manas, Characters, etc)

ark is at a point where it is almost unplayable from bugs and it is optimised so poorly that i cant even install it due to its file size of 240+ GB instead of distracting the community by releasing new content they should fix the problems with their game and make it so that you don't need an insanely high-end gaming machine that you spent over $5k on for ark to run decently well. As when it takes me over 24 hours to install at my peak internet speed (its 5ghz and nbn) and has a poopty physics engine and raptor tonnes of bugs you get to a stage where you just wish they would fix their game as $60 for the base game and another $30 for each DLC you'd think that EA made it except EA makes games that aren't broken and full of bugs.

49 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

That's because most of the problems were related to PVP. That's why they gave us cool dinos then nerfed them so bad they are useless. Then they made cool mechanics to play with, and nerfed them. 

• Like 4

You guys should disable transfers on official PC as you have done on PS4 until you've done an investigation/are able to actually fix something on official. Seems like a better alternative than allowing cheating to become excessively rampant in the meantime as well as continuing to escalate. People understand that stuff takes time however in the meantime players still have to play the game and the longer this goes on the more people quit official which doesn't benefit anyone long term as players = content.

2 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

Yes they are buisy......working on NEW CONTENT, there are TONS of old bugs, glitches, etc. etc. that still exist since 2015, that can EASILY be changed and fixed.
But they do NOT CARE.

Yes they are buisy, but only on new content, which is easily done, and guess what the more they add on top of the current game, the harder it will get to dig out of what causes bugs and performance issues.

The less you have the easier it is to overlook performance, lag, balance issues etc., all Wc does is add add add add, and not check  if their current content actually works properly enough.

They COPY+PASTE existing creatures, and change the design, and thats why you get bugged creatures because they DID NO FIX THE OLD ONES!

Since you seem to know how to fix the game why dont you go work for WC instead of blabbering nonsense about stuff you have no idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just a tip for Wildcard; disable PVP altogether and expand Ark around PVE, with a war mechanic where both tribes need to accept. 

PVP brings out the worst in people and by banning it, you'll get rid of a huge toxic swell in the community. 

PVE has its toxicity too, but with PVP gone, it should start to self-regulate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

Wildcard fixing since 2015, what could go wrong......
At this point, i wouldnt even want them to fix anything, 2 steps forward, 3 steps backwards.....loss of characters, loss of progress, los off faith...

Uhm, ALL i need is BUGFIXES, PERFORMANCE FIXES, QOL, UPDATED ENGINE, UI OVERHAUL, and a new HARDDRIVE.....thank you :)

Meanwhile the game in a horrible state, on consoles, pc, gambreaking bugs exist, lag, exploits, and there it comes "MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES". who cares, how about you focus fully on fixing the game, instead going FULL new content...?

Oh and Wildcard cannot seem to fix [][][][][][] [][][] [][][], yeah maximum effort....
100.000 video games, only ONE in existence ever that has language issues, this must be rocketscience, or Wildcard does not give any poop about us....I don't know.

I am so dissapointed, every time again.

I do really really wish they'd at least give us a font pack that had all the characters from their more popular non english languages. Chinese, Japanese, Cyrillic, and Arabic.  At least then I wouldn't have to use a font pack that doesn't format correctly keeping me from seeing certain things, and at least I could conveniently use google translate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Naeris890 said:

...and make it so that you don't need an insanely high-end gaming machine that you spent over $5k on for ark to run decently well.

Are you having a laugh? My build was roundabout $600 and I can run ark just fine.

2 hours ago, Naeris890 said:

...ark is at a point where it is almost unplayable from bugs...

It seems fine to me. Try singleplayer

...instead of distracting the community by releasing new content they should fix the problems with their game...

They probably are trying to "fix ark," but at the same time, they do need to release some content once in a while too. Cause bug fixes aren't going to bring back old players, or even keep people like me who don't really care about the bugs playing, but a huge new DLC every once a year or so will

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

Good for you for being so positive!

You do realise that new content will be bad for the game and be only fun when it first releases, and hypes?

Do you even remember Extinction, how it BROKE the game, features, creatures, etc. etc. people lost characters, bases, etc. because the dome was broken?
This is typical Wildcard, get content out, break the game.
You don't realise what consequenses this has for the game, and its community?
Just wondering, as you praise Wildcard for putting visuals above stability and balance....

It wasn't nearly as bad as you make it out. Sure there were some initial issues but it was completely playable, especially depending on where you built. 

Plenty of people are excited for new content and are NOT AFFECTED by the current issues. Some of us DON"T CARE about the official servers because we run our own, and police them way better than WC. In fact most of the Ark community is on unofficial servers and more specifically PVE unofficial servers. The balance/issues you are discussing are largely unnoticed for the majority of the players. 

I would much prefer that they work on delivering content as well as fixes because without new content the game gets boring. There is a whole section of the community that you are ignoring that has been begging for new content, especially the console side. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

Are you having a laugh? My build was roundabout $600 and I can run ark just fine.

what build is that I'd really like to know so if you could post the specs and a shop link that would be great

It seems fine to me. Try singleplayer

you might want to get your eyes checked

They probably are trying to "fix ark," but at the same time, they do need to release some content once in a while too. Cause bug fixes aren't going to bring back old players, or even keep people like me who don't really care about the bugs playing, but a huge new DLC every once a year or so will

its more like they need to release bug fixes one in a while and nerfing dinos does not count as a bug fix

5 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

1: Would you rather them say: "Rule breaking has increased and we are not going to do anything about it."?

2: Nothings wrong with the UI. As for the other stuff, that would be nice(save for the hard drive, that's your problem), but don't you think they've heard that enough? If "fixing there game" was able to be done with the snap of there fingers, they would do it. But unfortunately, its just not that simple.

3: If your lagging, you need a better PC. Also, I care, along with a lot of other people.

4: So I assume that you personally have played all 100,000 games, and have found out that 99,999 of them have PERFECT language translation, without a single misspelled word?

with that being said, THIS TEASER LOOKS SOOO COOL THANK YOU WILDCARD FOR BEING AWESOME!(not a joke)

So I'm spoiled. I use my PC as my main  work device, and I use a lot of intensive 2d and 3d rendering programs with very large file sizes and computer demands.  I have 3 monitors, a tablet, and a very powerful rig, including a 2080 RTX, 64GB ram, and a solid processor. I still get graphical lag when somebody plants their base within render of mine. I still get graphical lag because the introduction of triangle structures (a neat thing) encourages many many tiny components, and they did not give us large ceilings/foundations to compensate, or a way to link many small structures into contiguous single units that load faster and are less stressful to the server in general.   If there are more than 250 dinos on my screen (a breeding farm), my system chops.  If there are 150 small complicated dinos (looking at you, light pets/aberrant glowy things/ deinonychuses) on my screen, it turns into a powerpoint slide show.  I don't even have my graphics maxed in ARK because of this, so it's not like I'm running everything on epic.

Now I love ark. I have more hours in it than I should, but it is not even remotely optimized.  But I'm also willing to point out that it is not a perfect game and has a lot of problems.  So I'm either lagging because of their net code is inefficient, or their graphical engine is inefficient, or somewhere in between, but I have bleeding edge hardware, so it's not my box.

Please don't use the "stahp using a potatoe" argument to try to invalidate justified complaints.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

So I'm spoiled. I use my PC as my main  work device, and I use a lot of intensive 2d and 3d rendering programs with very large file sizes and computer demands.  I have 3 monitors, a tablet, and a very powerful rig, including a 2080 RTX, 64GB ram, and a solid processor. I still get graphical lag when somebody plants their base within render of mine. I still get graphical lag because the introduction of triangle structures (a neat thing) encourages many many tiny components, and they did not give us large ceilings/foundations to compensate, or a way to link many small structures into contiguous single units that load faster and are less stressful to the server in general.   If there are more than 250 dinos on my screen (a breeding farm), my system chops.  If there are 150 small complicated dinos (looking at you, light pets/aberrant glowy things/ deinonychuses) on my screen, it turns into a powerpoint slide show.  I don't even have my graphics maxed in ARK because of this, so it's not like I'm running everything on epic.

Now I love ark. I have more hours in it than I should, but it is not even remotely optimized.  But I'm also willing to point out that it is not a perfect game and has a lot of problems.  So I'm either lagging because of their net code is inefficient, or their graphical engine is inefficient, or somewhere in between, but I have bleeding edge hardware, so it's not my box.

Please don't use the "stahp using a potatoe" argument to try to invalidate justified complaints.

16 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

this smoll brain person seems to think that ark is very well optimised

normally new content is great for a game but somehow wildcard manages to screw it up like it does everything(HOD, Manas, Characters, etc)

ark is at a point where it is almost unplayable from bugs and it is optimised so poorly that i cant even install it due to its file size of 240+ GB instead of distracting the community by releasing new content they should fix the problems with their game and make it so that you don't need an insanely high-end gaming machine that you spent over $5k on for ark to run decently well. As when it takes me over 24 hours to install at my peak internet speed (its 5ghz and nbn) and has a poopty physics engine and raptor tonnes of bugs you get to a stage where you just wish they would fix their game as $60 for the base game and another $30 for each DLC you'd think that EA made it except EA makes games that aren't broken and full of bugs.

Ark isn't that large, ~80ish gig. The DLC maps are what takes up so much room. Just turn off the ones you are not playing  in steam and you can install. 

If you spent $5k and can't run Ark on  you wasted your money. I play on much less hardware, and even on streaming services and don't have any problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucian said:

Ark isn't that large, ~80ish gig. The DLC maps are what takes up so much room. Just turn off the ones you are not playing  in steam and you can install. 

If you spent $5k and can't run Ark on  you wasted your money. I play on much less hardware, and even on streaming services and don't have any problems.

my pc is $2.3k-ish and ark is a lot more than 80 gig and there where only 4 dlc maps that i had installed under your logic each map would be 40 GB each which is a stupidly big number for a map as most full games are less than that and have full game engines and poop

3 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

I believe a few people said this before.....

Everyone keeps on complaining about the bugs and lag and exploits. 

YET we are still playing!!!!!!! Even with all the things going on. 

But WC can't fix everything in one day at the end of the day they aren't Robots they cant sit 24/7 working.  

id be happy if the just fixed 5% of the bigger bugs in one month

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

I believe a few people said this before.....

Everyone keeps on complaining about the bugs and lag and exploits. 

YET we are still playing!!!!!!! Even with all the things going on. 

But WC can't fix everything in one day at the end of the day they aren't Robots they cant sit 24/7 working.  

I mean, technically speaking, ARK (and many, if not most) large video games and phone games essentially are skinner boxes designed to convince our still very animal brains into logical fallacies that convince us to continue investing more time into things, and are in general pretty addictive.

Like, how many people in PVP still play because they have so much time invested already? 

Or how many PVE players feed their bases for months after they stopped really playing because the thought of losing all that work that they spent real life hours achieving? It's sunk-cost fallacy exploited really.

And again, don't misunderstand. I also play the game. I knowingly see the hooks game developers use to keep people invested, and participate anyway.  My point here is that there are a lot of complicated factors at play that go far beyond "people still play so it MUST be good".  Please don't try to derail valid complaints with a disingenuous argument.

Most of us don't really believe that the game can be fixed in a day. What frustrates people is that there are a ton of very very old bugs in it that were there in Early Access. Being able to brute-force simple 4 digit pincodes. Being able to brute force into tribes (although I think this new method was different than the old, but I do not know the details so I cannot speak much to it) is a really old bug that they fixed and then showed back up again.  Buggy post-processing in the Aberration glowing water that kills pc performance if the video card post processing is set to above anything beyond medium.  Rubber banding. Save lag. Save laaaaaaag. And what's the point of having an invasive Warden system like Batleye if it does nothing to stop 3rd party programs, aim bots, etc?

Add that to the new ones. I get that exploit-fixing is a game of cat and mouse, and I feel like the developers never really anticipated how popular this game was.  I feel like their gambit to split the company and dev team in half (one stayed on with ARK and one went to ATLAS) isn't paying off, as they don't have enough manpower to properly oversee a game that is still more popular than they expected it would be at this stage in its life, and I think this is unfortunate.

The game, especially the PVP aspect of it, is literally on fire at the moment. It's a complicated problem with many factors, but much of it has to do with the fact that they are a small team, and that many core bugs weren't fixed early in the game development.  And some of the things can't be reasonably fixed ever because of technical programming limitations that I don't entirely understand.  So now they're literally doing triage every day on every platform trying to save the PVP side of things.  I mean, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would gladly pay a subscription fee if it meant the company would have the resources to fix performance and bugs and have meaningful support in a reasonable amount of time.

Edit: I define "reasonable amount of time" as 2-3 months instead of 2-4 years.

Edited by Caerbannog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Naeris890 said:

my pc is $2.3k-ish and ark is a lot more than 80 gig and there where only 4 dlc maps that i had installed under your logic each map would be 40 GB each which is a stupidly big number for a map as most full games are less than that and have full game engines and poop

My whole hdd is only 250G, yet I can fit the base game, dlc maps and mods on it.

Do a clean install, no mods or DLC maps and see for yourself. Most games are not as big or detailed as Ark, but those that are similar are of similar size  Conan for example has a similar size to the base game  

If you have Ark taking up more room check your mods directory. Some of them get huge. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

Yes they are buisy......working on NEW CONTENT, there are TONS of old bugs, glitches, etc. etc. that still exist since 2015, that can EASILY be changed and fixed.
But they do NOT CARE.

Yes they are buisy, but only on new content, which is easily done, and guess what the more they add on top of the current game, the harder it will get to dig out of what causes bugs and performance issues.

The less you have the easier it is to overlook performance, lag, balance issues etc., all Wc does is add add add add, and not check  if their current content actually works properly enough.

They COPY+PASTE existing creatures, and change the design, and thats why you get bugged creatures because they DID NO FIX THE OLD ONES!

I agree, and they should not ignore players who misuse/misplay the game. We have a base on our server with at least 50 jerboas of all colors hidden in a corner of the map. They are trying to build where no one goes to avoid being caught. They know they are doing wrong. WC does need to take a step back and solidify the game and make it flow better before it goes the way of Fall-Out 76.

Edited by SaayaLaLa
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lucian said:

My whole hdd is only 250G, yet I can fit the base game, dlc maps and mods on it.

Do a clean install, no mods or DLC maps and see for yourself. Most games are not as big or detailed as Ark, but those that are similar are of similar size  Conan for example has a similar size to the base game  

If you have Ark taking up more room check your mods directory. Some of them get huge. 

i use a 450gb ssd for my whole pc and if i wanted to i could install ark but it would mean that i would have to uninstall lots of the other games i play such as rust, csgo, gta v and a few others.

while this may seem like a small inconvienience i get really bad internet and those games will take me hours to install and i play them a fair bit at the moment i have around 80 gigabyte free and that is after i uninstalled all the games that i dont play often