A true quality of life problem

SCEDeadeye

Ark game is a social game you're supposed to find new tribe members but you can't anymore because of the COC. You get a fear playing with cheater which there's no way to find out if one person in a tribe is cheating or not and the fear of the enforcement team taking action on the tribe it's just too scary. You have to play solo. 

There's no Universal background check for cheaters on the internet. so there's no way did you determine a good seed or a bad seed or is a group of people are intent on just taking your tribe down from within the inside by breaking rules. all of it is becoming too scary I don't want to lose another account because other people decide to cheat and I suffer the consequences for it I can't keep buying copies. 

Do you understand all you said can be aplied to real life ?? 

adaptation :

Life in society  is a social experiment you're supposed to find new relations in a group  but you can't anymore because of the dangers of society itself .... You get a fear living with cheater which there's no way to find out if one person in a group is cheating or not and the fear of the justice taking action on the group it's just too scary. You have to live solo. 

There's no Universal background check for cheaters on life. so there's no way did you determine a good seed or a bad seed or is a group of people are intent on just taking your group down from within the inside by breaking rules. all of it is becoming too scary I don't want to lose my life because other people decide to cheat and I suffer the consequences for it I can't keep living .

Basically , do in ARK what you do in RL... Talk ( a lot can be learned by talking , character , integrity etc ) , play individually but helping each other , Gain trust .... All this will take time (a lot of time) , in the end evaluate if merge is an option.

do you think other games have this problem while with at 800 man tribe in WoW or teaming up with 5 people in csgo or even a 64 Man map in Battlefield . pretty sure and those games I can be social I can talk with people and not worry about my account. I could team up with anybody in WoW and not worry about my account,

19 minutes ago, SCEDeadeye said:

. I could team up with anybody in WoW and not worry about my account,

Actually, having your account hacked and loosing years of effort kinda IS a thing that happens in WoW.

I know its not totally the same and merely teaming with someone most likely won't lead to hacking unless you have a condition that makes you blurt out passwords and account numbers randomly. However people are people and not all are kind.

I don't think WoW lets you do all the things you can do in Ark.  Even in real life, I've had a cop tell me he was giving me a ticket because the person in the car with us had a warrant for his arrest.  It didn't matter that I barely knew the guy and had no idea he got in legal trouble, I still got harassed for it and lost money and time over it.  It didn't matter that the warrant wasn't even valid anymore, he still had to go down to the police station in handcuffs.   

Can't you just play ark if it's installed on your pc? regardless of the account you log in to,  am I mistaken there ?

so do you think it's right that you got in trouble because of this guy's actions. obviously you explain it to me in real life it happens and then you just have to do with it. 

I'm saying 100% that is wrong and if you're trying to convince me that it's okay to have a game mechanic like this in this because life so hard too nope I dont see it that way and  I want to have a discussion about this quality of life issue. if a certain part of the community is scared the team up and tribe with people because of ther wording of the code of conduct. Pass enforcement actions. 

if you have 200 accounts affected by a game mechanics we should have a quality of life discussion

you are what's wrong with the problem and QoL for players. we can't have a true honest discussion about the game mechanics that are in the game, you didn't have this discussion a lot of people just leave the game like they already are because nobody wants to have the a true discussion about game mechanics are in the game all they want to say is you're a cheater get the get out.

You getting all wrong it’s not a game mechanic it’s a personal mechanic lol . 

Its not games fault , you play with cheaters and  hackers, it was your choice ... got caught ... well accept consequences. 

Dont come here cry , cause I will not believe you didn’t knew what your tribemates were up to , you guys just thought you weren’t get caught.... ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, SCEDeadeye said:

you are what's wrong with the problem and QoL for players. we can't have a true honest discussion about the game mechanics that are in the game, you didn't have this discussion a lot of people just leave the game like they already are because nobody wants to have the a true discussion about game mechanics are in the game all they want to say is you're a cheater get the get out.

Im all for having the discussion in a manner which works. Im glad you made a new thread about it, though. Its not your idea or thoughts on it that im nay-saying - merely the fact that you used QoL (and tried to piggyback and derail a *true* discussion thread in doing so)

I dont think anyone is saying people should get unjustly banned.. I dont believe so. Unfortunately in this situation (joining a big tribe or letting a cheater in your tribe) you are benefiting from their cheating, guilty by association is a real thing. Maybe you didnt know? Maybe you did but didnt report it? How is WC going to tell the difference between the two? 

Yes, the system needs a rework. Is it unfair when you didnt have any interaction / even on the same server as the cheater and you still get banned? Yes. You are still benefiting from their cheated gains though.. I can see why they blanket ban honestly. The logistics of trying to figure out if each of the 500 members are cheaters or supporting cheater or merely wrong place wrong time is a daunting one.

This isnt' the only game to have mass bans of groups of players.  I've played other mmo's in the past and I've seen whole groups removed because their cheating did give their whole tribe, or clan or whatever they were called unfair advantages that they could share as a group.  This is not a new phenomenon.

Archived